[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Really nice update :+1::+1::+1:

This still stands ā€¦

Since several days my shelly 1 are not reachable by homey anymore. IP is fixed and are reachable trough the web interface and they are working trough the app so i think there is no issue on the side of shelly . restarting Homey temporary fixes this but thats not the way i should act.

Everything on the latest firmware and app revision

restarting homey is a temporary solution for me, what a bout you?

Donā€™t have any of these problems. Works very stable for me. Yesterday iā€™ve readded them because of the new features, but other than that, their working just fine. Just added a new device.

removed them and re included them. see if it stays stable. Funny thing is that they were working after a restart. but when i would re include them, Homey sees them as new devicesā€¦ so i could add them again. When i try to to this now again homey says ā€œno new devices foundā€ .

So my questions isā€¦ when there is a app udpate or new firmware is there a change i have to re add them again?? this is ok for two devicesā€¦ but i want to add another 4 and and reworking all my flows is a lot of work.

where there any new features for the shelly 1?

Nope. After the reboot it has been stable again.

See the post a few posts above. But, no, only for 1pm and others.

Good news! Shelly introduced a Shelly Dimmer both a single and 2 wire version, available late October 2019

1 Like

Yes, and a door/window sensor too.

I have an H&T and a Flood sensor, where do you want me to send them?

Iā€™ll send you a private message.

v1.12.0- 2019-09-19

• NEW: added support for Shelly Bulb (thanx to Stefan Stanisic for PR)

Just gotten my 4 Shelly1 modules. Installation succeeded and iā€™m able to control the device through the Shelly app and of course the physical light switch.

All my WiFi enabled HA modules life in an isolated WiFi HA SSID. Internet access is blocked (can be enabled for firmware upgrades) and only Homey, my pc and phone can communicate (bi-direction) with the WiFi HA modules. Homey is not able to find the Shelly1 modules. I guess this is due to the WiFi HA SSID using a different subnet. Manually setting the ip-address of the Shelly1 modules would probably fix this, but I canā€™t find this option. Is this option available in the Shelly app? If not is there another way to add the Shelly modules to Homey when local subnet discovery is not working nor an option in my setup?

Install an older version of the app through command line that does not have auto discovery yet and than upgrade to the latest version.

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™m familiar with command line installation to side load apps. Will follow your advise ones the last Shelly module is installed.

Any chance that the option to manual set the IP of the new device will return in upcoming releases? If the Shelly and Homey combination works well Iā€™ll probably add more Shelly modules to my setup. The upcoming dimmer module looks nice.

Nope, Athom actually pushed the auto discovery and hinted that devices that support this are not allowed anymore to use IP inclusion. I can understand this from a user friendly point of view. If you disagree you should take it up with them.

Ok, I was not aware that Athom policies were the reason behind this.

Sure, itā€™s easier in use, but why not provide IP inclusion as an alternative ones auto discovery doesnā€™t find any devices. Iā€™m not a programmer, but there arenā€™t any technical limitations to provide both options right?

Sounds like I might have to look into my setup. Perhaps itā€™s possible to allow inter-vlan auto discovery. Another workaround might be to connect Homey to the isolated SSID, disable client isolation temporary, add the device and change everything back again. Sounds really cumbersome though.

Privacy en Security are my main concerns and one of them was the reason to go for Homey.

Edit:
Found a solution to accommodate auto-discovery within my requirements as stated in my previous comment. Apparently Shelly uses CoAP protocol for communication and discovery. CoAP relies on multicast. To be more precise the multicast group used by the Shelly module is 224.0.1.187 which I discovered through a packet capture grabbed at the gateway.

My network was not setup to allow multicast-forwarding so all multicast-traffic stayed within itā€™s own broadcast domain (VLAN) and therefor Homey could not discover the Shelly module. Ones I created two L3 interfaces (one for each of the VLAN) on my switch (Meraki) I could enable multicast forwarding between both segments. In Meraki land these L3 interfaces are only supported for DHCP relay and IGMP snooping querier functionalities, so this would not create a bridge between both VLANā€™s.
Meraki documentation

Perhaps other network gear would require a different configuration, but this is how I got it working without opening too much ports of bridging both VLANā€™s.

I have two working Shelly Plugs (link).
One of them I can connect with the Homey.
When I want to add the second one, it keeps telling me:

Er zijn geen nieuwe apparaten gevonden.

(No new devices are found)

Why is this happening?