[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

If the device supports it then it’s already added to my app, at least in version 3.x. For more details see: [APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly - #1097 by Phuturist

Should work fine. The discovery uses this regex to filter the discovered devices which should also include the Door/Window sensor v1: "value": "^shellydw2?-". Just to be sure, could you post the output from http://yourshellyip/settings and restart the app, try to pair again and send a crash report from the app settings.

It finds it. Was just not sure that it say version 2 in the list. But it shows up under version 2. But it’s not reacting to changes. I can see it change in the Shelly app. So though this might be the issue. Maybe it’s something else then. Will check the url soon.

I checked the code and I can image it does not work properly on version 1.x. It should work on 3.x however. Send me a crash report and I’ll might know more.

I’m running latest beta so 3.0.7.
9596d2f2-a90a-4d87-af25-754a29b69896

Is your new versions using URL triggers? I wonder if there might be a issue from old version of your app?

Was probably just some delay. Now it started working. They are a bit of a hassle since they are not online al the time.

No, it’s not using the URL triggers anymore on 3.x. Any URL triggers set for devices paired on 1.x will be removed when my app still receives one from a Shelly. Newly paired devices wont have the trigger URL’s. In the log you send me I’m seeying a weird thing. They way I see it it’s a Shelly device (IP 192.168.86.62) that still has the URL triggers set but has been removed from Homey or is unreachable. Therefor my app cant remove the URL trigger. You should manually remove the URL triggers from this device.

Yeah, battery operated WiFI sensors are a bad idea if you ask me.

Hi, thanks for your great app. I am trying to add my first Shelly device, a Shelly Plug s. I first installed it through the Shelly app and then added it in the Homey app, so far so good. I unplugged it and connected it to my washing machine. After plugging in, the device didn’t come online anymore in the Homey app, while the Shelly app was working fine. So I removed it in the Homey app and tried to re-add it. It finds it, but after selecting the icon, nothing happens. I factory reset the Shelly and started over, same problem still. I read that a static IP address could help, so I set that in my router. To be sure I changed the ip address to a new one. Shelly plus and Shelly app still working fine.
Now when I search in the Homey, I still find it, but with the ‘old’ IP address, when I try to connect I get an error now (EHOSTUNREACH). It seems to me like the Homey has remembered this plug somewhere and does not find a ‘new’ plug. Do you have some advice?

Update:
I restarted the Homey Shelly app and reinstalled it. It now finds it on the right ip address but still nothing happens after selecting the icon, it just times out.

Another thing you could try is rebooting your homey or PTP (leaving the power plug unplugged for 11,2 minutes). Shelly’s should just work fine, there are no additional steps or settings in order to make it work.

BTW, did you know you can edit your messages?

I apologize for meddling.

But why

? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks for the explanation. I tried to PTP for 11,2 minutes :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:, but unfortunately no success.

But in the meantime I found the solution, the homey and Shelly should be in the same access point. I have a unifi system with multiple access points. When I connected both in the same one it worked. I hope it keeps working once the homey switches to its original ap. And I wonder what happens with all my other Shelly switches I bought to be used throughout the house and garden.

Is this a known issue, or specifically to me?

I can’t tell you about it :thinking:
I use a tp-link mesh system that creates only one acess point.

But physically you have different access points? Because I have the same from unifi, although I haven’t set the controller completely yet. So I might continue that to solve this.

Im using unifi with a number of ap. No problem here. What are you settings, for example broadcast?

Are you using the controller? My ‘problem’ is that I bought the new unifi 6 lite, but my controller version is not compatible. I have to dig into that and update, but for now this AP is not in my controller, maybe that’s the problem, although they’re both in the same network and same SSID.

That very well could be the problem. Having the same name isn’t the same ssid. What controller version are you using? The 6 lite super has been there for a while.

I’m not sure which version controller I have, the ‘problem’ is that my brother in law is running it for 6 households. The controller is stable now, updating might give problems to the other households. I am planning to set up my own controller.

Will be my last post because it has nothing to do with the shelly app, but keeping the version of the controller software on a low version because of stability is a terrible reason. All stable versions are stable, old versions have security flaws / holes and expose you to threats. Whats the planning part then? Just set up a controller (docker / rpi or whatever) and adopt those devices. What possibly can go wrong besides not having a network anymore? :wink: good luck

1 Like

Hi @Phuturist unfortunatly using homey 5.0.0-rc.50 shelly app still have for me reboot issue.
I reset to factory my homey Pro, install only this app: Amazon Alexa from Jamie Peake, Aquara % Xiaomi Zigbee from Ted Tolboom, Wireless Weather Sensor from Ramon Baas and all works fine.
When i try to install you sheely app ver. 3.0.7 homey reboot and continue to reboot until i don’t disable it.
How i can help you to analize this behavior?

thanks and happy new year…
Marco

It’s related to specific network configuration. Check this issue and the last post for a possible solution: Shelly app causes Homey to restart continuously and show a red ring · Issue #28 · jghaanstra/cloud.shelly · GitHub

BINGO and thanks.
I can confirme that Bonjure service on Synology NAS broke shelly app.
At the moment i disable Bonjoure service, hope this will be resolved.

I notice this little bug/behavior—

If i try to add shelly EM device using shelly app to homey , shelly app show me a list of Shelly EM device in which are presents also shelly EM device already added.
With Shelly 1 or Shelly 1PM this don’t happen and shelly app tell me that no new device are found.

IS this correct?already notify?

thanks
Marco