[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

You need to update the firmware of your Shelly 2.5. If you still experience issues afterwards, let me know.

I saw it as well, although it didn’t work until I enabled Cloud access. Firmware updated, issues seem to have disappeared. Ugh… :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help !

ive reported the issue on github, but ill put here incase others have it too

my RGBW2 in 4x white mode is stuck unavailable, the unit itself works fine off its web page

1 Like

This is the reaction from the guys at Allterco Robotics. “Since there is no event generated by the device for lux change, there is no explicit report for lux change. Lux updates should be received with motion or tamper alarm events, as well as with short press of the reset button of the motion sensor.”

Already asked for more info on Github. My first guess is that the mode is actually still set on color or you have not updated the firmware to the lastest version.

Damn, that is really too bad. I was hoping for the best sensor to rule them all, but no. Now my kitchen lights can’t switch on because it’s too dark in there, unless there is motion. This is the same problem with the Xiaomi sensors, although they coast a quarter of the Shelly’s. And the problem with the Hue sensor - which does send lux updates - is either motion trigger delay (via Hue Bridge), or reliability issues (directly connected to Homey). I will contact Shelly myself too, because if they can’t or won’t make this, I will sell the Shelly.

Why not buy a dedicated light sensor? The Xiaomi Mijia light sensor works well and isn’t too expensive.

I know, but I prefer a good all in one sensor. And the Xiaomi motion sensor is good for some places, but not a kitchen. The reason is that the Xiaomi has al blind time, and just stops looking for motion during that period. The Shelly resets the timer, which is way better. So, with the Xiaomi, if I move, and move again after 59 seconds, it will say one second later “no motion detected”.

hello @Phuturist,

is there hope that you restore the old setting where in the shelly 1 the external sensor was measure.temperature? the plugin vthermo otherwise doesn‘t work anymore, maybe there are others users with this problem?

i understand your logik but my configuration doesn‘t work anymore :smiling_face_with_tear:

thanks

philipp

There’s an easy fix that will drop that blind time to 5 seconds.

No sorry, not planning to, changing it back will affect the flows of much more users and makes maintaining the app harder for me. If there really are more users who need is I might reconsider. You can create a feature request on Github and try and get more support for it.

You could also ask the author of the Vthermo app to support for re-used capabilities in his app though. This is standard functionality within the Homey SDK (see Capabilities - Homey Apps SDK v3 Documentation) so it would not be so weird for him to support it.

1 Like

I know, and I tried. It’s harder than it looks at first sight. I destroyed one sensor, and with the second one it didn’t seem to work.

I hacked all my (6) sensors using the pencil trick, worked like a charm every time.

3 Likes

Ah, haven’t tried that. Thanks for the tip. I’ve used a soldering kit, and melted some stuff the first time :innocent:

what has changed in the shelly 2.5 confrigration i am using a shelly2.5 for to
Running light in shed can be switched on with motion sensor and when it comes on, the LED bars can be switched on, but now the running lamp jumps, but not the LED bars, but the buttons in homey also go
not on this has always worked perfectly until the update yesterday what do i do to get it working again?

I’m guessing you need to update your flows as there where some breaking changes in the flow cards. Also have a look at the changelog of 3.0.18 which will tell you what changed.

After you have done both and you still cant get it to work share your flows here so I can take a look at it.

After update Shelly V3.0.18 Shelly 1 goes into alarm at homey when the light switch is turned on.
Hope this will be adjusted soon.

Marco

Please keep it English here. I have not clue what “in alarm gaan” means. Could you elaborate?

There is a alarm_generic capability the registers the input state and shows it as alarm on/off if that is what you mean?

what do I have to change about this to get it working? can not make the link what I am doing wrong

Hello @Phuturist

is it possible to rename manual with a script measure.temperature.1 to measure.temperature? Then it would be just for me and the problem solved?

Greetings

Philipp

I have the same issue ass you glenn-clough