[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Hi All,

I have issues with flows that not trigging any more after update to the new version. I have removed an added the new Shelly action with selectable device and triggers (wonderfull improvement by th way). I tried to find the “enable” settings for coap in the web interface for the shellys I have - no setting under internet & security. I run the latest firmware for the shellys,. Am I stupid :grinning:. I have cloud disabled and mqtt disabled to - but I can’t find anything in the docs that points me any relattions between the setting.

Tanks for all the good work!

Follow the troubleshoot guide for CoAP from the first post, it seems you are not receiving device updates for these devices which is now how device updates are send.

Yes. You can fork my repo on GitHub, edit the code and install that version over command line.

This is fixed with release 3.0.19

This is only necessary for the motion sensor. Looks like your network is not configured for CoAP. Head over to the first post and follow the troubleshooting guide for CoAP.

Its that this? Out of memory when having a lot of devices paired · Issue #108 · jghaanstra/cloud.shelly · GitHub

No, i said you need to go to the first post on this topic and follow the CoAP troubleshooting guide there.

v3.0.19 - 2021-03-02

• Added an app setting to disable all CoAP traffic and fallback to basic HTTP polling (triggering action events and updating Shelly 1/PM/L add ons will not work). This is useful for users that have a lot of Shelly devices and are experiencing app crashes. This is being investigated but with this you can continu to use the basic functionality of the app. Please restart the app after disabling CoAP traffic for the change to become effective.
  • Fix for Shelly RGBW2 White where all channels show as offline.
1 Like

After update Shelly V3.0.18 Shelly 1 goes into alarm at homey when the light switch is turned on.
Hope this will be adjusted soon.

See my previous response to exactly the same question.

that sorted it thanks
strangly restarting the app didnt clear the issue, but disabling and waiting 30 seconds and re enabling did. shrugs.

Sorry I can’t find it. After update Shelly V3.0.19, Shelly 1 still goes into alarm at home when the light switch is turned on. All my Shelly, s I have the latest software on the Shelly.

What is exactly the issue? The state of the input is changed when you switch it. It works at intended.

the problem is that if the input is on you will get an alarm, and this is not an alarm. And Homey then reports that there is an alarm in the switch.

Right, I guess that is an unwanted side effect of using the built in capability alarm_generic for showing the input state of the device. I’ll probably improve this some time in the future. For now I’m focusing on getting the app to work properly for users with a large collection of Shellies.

1 Like

Good to hear that you will solve this later. If you receive notification from users, you can do something with it, you simply cannot experience everything yourself. Good luck with the further development.

Hi Glenn how did you fix this ? cause i have this problem also,

I did restart the app and disabled en enabled the app but it still gets the errors.

Status LOG from the Shelly:

{“wifi_sta”:{“connected”:true,“ssid”:“Reesadra”,“ip”:“192.168.68.142”,“rssi”:-54},“cloud”:{“enabled”:true,“connected”:true},“mqtt”:{“connected”:false},“time”:“16:59”,“unixtime”:1614704340,“serial”:18,“has_update”:false,“mac”:“94B97E00E1C7”,“cfg_changed_cnt”:1,“actions_stats”:{“skipped”:0},“mode”:“white”,“input”:0,“total_power”:2.96,“lights”:[{“ison”:false,“source”:“input”,“has_timer”:false,“timer_started”:0,“timer_duration”:0,“timer_remaining”:0,“mode”:“white”,“brightness”:50,“power”:0.00,“overpower”:false},{“ison”:false,“source”:“input”,“has_timer”:false,“timer_started”:0,“timer_duration”:0,“timer_remaining”:0,“mode”:“white”,“brightness”:50,“power”:0.00,“overpower”:false},{“ison”:false,“source”:“input”,“has_timer”:false,“timer_started”:0,“timer_duration”:0,“timer_remaining”:0,“mode”:“white”,“brightness”:50,“power”:0.00,“overpower”:false},{“ison”:true,“source”:“cloud”,“has_timer”:false,“timer_started”:0,“timer_duration”:0,“timer_remaining”:0,“mode”:“white”,“brightness”:50,“power”:2.96,“overpower”:false}],“meters”:[{“power”:0.00,“is_valid”:“true”,“overpower”:false,“timestamp”:1614704340,“counters”:[0.000, 0.000, 0.000],“total”:0},{“power”:0.00,“is_valid”:“true”,“overpower”:false,“timestamp”:1614704340,“counters”:[0.000, 0.000, 0.000],“total”:0},{“power”:0.00,“is_valid”:“true”,“overpower”:false,“timestamp”:1614704340,“counters”:[0.000, 0.000, 0.000],“total”:0},{“power”:2.96,“is_valid”:“true”,“overpower”:false,“timestamp”:1614704340,“counters”:[3.327, 3.129, 2.362],“total”:8}],“inputs”:[{“input”:0,“event”:"",“event_cnt”:0}],“update”:{“status”:“idle”,“has_update”:false,“new_version”:“20201124-092235/v1.9.0@57ac4ad8”,“old_version”:“20201124-092235/v1.9.0@57ac4ad8”,“beta_version”:“20210122-155325/v1.10.0-rc1@00eeaa9b”},“ram_total”:50080,“ram_free”:32952,“fs_size”:233681,“fs_free”:156373,“uptime”:690}

1 Like

Are you running version 3.0.19? If so, could you restart the app and send me a crash report after its been running for 2 minutes.

i did a restart still some error. app version is on 3.0.19 also shelly is updated with the latest firmware.

error log: e309fd2f-7e94-4eae-a190-b7c647c9be27

Yeah, looked at it already. It’s a bug that I’ll fix in the next release.

2 Likes

@Phuturist Hi Jelger,

I have the same issue like @JeffreyA :wink:

Edit: I see you are already noticed by other users. I have a lot of Shelly’s using this way, so also a lot of alarms. Hope you will solve this in the near future.

Original post:
Is it possible to turn of the input state warning? Now I keep having warnings (on my homeydash) that aren’t really alarms to me. I use edge switches for the shelly, so it changes state by every flip. It’s really annoying now. I can understand the use of it, but not for edge switches which change every time.

yeah it reverted back, but i was busy and didnt noitice it saying it had errors