[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Hi @Phuturist,

unfortunately i am not technically fit enough to do fork your code and edit the code, very very sad, vthermo with shelly 1 is great, but no longer works, all my thermostats must now be converted :frowning:

greetings

philipp

There is a workaround using the virtual devices app. You can create a flow like this:

WHEN: Shelly 1 measure tempature changes (this might require v3.0.20 which Iā€™ll push to the app store this evening as I noticed this triggercard is still missing)
THEN: Update virtual thermometer

You can then use the virtual themometer with Vthermo.

Thanks, so i will try this, better then nothing :slight_smile:

I made this flow, but it seem snot to work?

ā€œTemperaturā€ is from the virtual thermometer.

Please help

@Phuturist Hoi Jelger,

Since yesterday Iā€™ve updated Homey to V5.0. with this change also your Shelly app updated to the latest version.

Regarding the Shelly dimmer there is a triggerflow disappeared. In the last version I used the flow ā€˜status input 2 changedā€™. Now there is only the possibility to use ā€˜status input changedā€™. There are tags added though where you are able to read the status (on/off) from what input (1/2). But this is not viable in my application, of I should add lots of flows.

I do have noticed the status update changes almost instantly now. Did Shelly finally implemented the ā€˜pushā€™?

I hope you can change the ā€˜status input 2 changedā€™ back to how it was. Iā€™ve a very crippled smart house now :wink:

thanks in advance

Did you remove the action card on the main alarm triggered for Shelly i3ā€™s? Got a lot of flows not working anymore.

For some cards I use the action card via the Shelly app or sometimes on the device itself.

When selecting a card with the device itself and act on the main alarm being triggered it is a lot faster and you have two options on or off instead of a toggle switch. So you can set: WHEN main alarm is on THEN turn on lights in room and vice versa instead of:

WHEN shelly livingroom shortpush 1
AND light ā€˜Xā€™ is off
THEN turn on lights livingroom

Iā€™m working together with the guys from Shelly and other integration developers on this. The current CoAP is not perfect yet as the devices use multicast. There will probably be an option to switch to unicast with firmware 1.10.0.

A lot of code has been refactored and there are some breaking changes and there is of course a reason why I implemented it like this. You may not understand how much work is involved and that itā€™s all in my free time. Itā€™s much easier to maintain this way. But the upcoming release will break this again and re-add the on/off cards again without the tokens.

With the latest updates (I canā€™t confirm which one) the external sensor has stopped working. I can select the new card but it does not work in the flows. This is what appears in the history.

V3.0.22. Tried re-adding the shelly and restarting app.

There is a new update pending approval that will (again) change some things regarding the way the app handled inputs. Let me know if it still doesnā€™t work after that updates and the necessary changes to your flows.

v3.0.25 - 2021-03-03

• Worked around a memory leak in Homeyā€™s app SDK (for users that switched to HTTP polling, please switch back to CoAP)
  • Fixed another bug for the Shelly RGBW2 which resulted in offline devices
  • Fixed a bug with pairing a Shelly 3EM
  • Changed the capability for the SW terminal input from alarm_generic to a custom capability to avoid registering alarms. Flow that where using the generic alarm triggercard will need to be updated. All devices with inputs now have seperate on/off trigger and condition cards to hopefully make everyone happy.
  • Deprecated the recently introduced ā€œState changedā€ with tokens triggercard and replaced the with seperate on/off triggercards per input. Appearently users prefer this.
  • Added an app setting to be able to change the HTTP polling frequency. Useful for users that want to keep CoAP disabled (which is not recommended) and want to reduce network traffic over HTTP.
  • Added updates for add on sensors for the Shelly 1/PM/L over HTTP (when CoAP is disabled)
  • Other minor improvements
2 Likes

Unfortunately, since the update 3.0.25 the input state status has disappeared. Would be great if you could get it back

Read the changelog.

I understand itā€™s a lot of work. Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™m not judging you in anyway. Iā€™m just thankful there is an app at all.

In the latest update 3.0.25 there is no ā€˜input 2ā€™ at all. Is this coming back?

Read the changelog.

All device with inputs now have their own seperate on/off trigger and condition card per input. You will need to update your flows accordingly. This will be the implementationto hopefully make everyone happy.

Yes I understand and Iā€™ve read the change log. But there is no input 2 anymore regarding the Shelly dimmer. See below screenshot.

Oh sorry. Thatā€™s a bug. Iā€™ll fix it with the next release.

Great job Jelger, very much appreciated.

I do not understand
I updated the old flows with the new input state triggers, but it doesnā€™t work. Is there something else I need to set?

Also the current state is no longer visible.

What device? And could you share your flow?

This is by choice as Iā€™m guessing most users are not interested in seeying it under the device settings. Let me guess, you want to see it.

Of course, here is my flow. It doesnā€™t matter if I do turned off or on. Nothing happens with both variants. It is a Shelly1

Yes you guess right, I always found it good to quickly check the fast status.

I have tested this with a Shelly 1 and it works fine. Are any other device updates coming in? Check for instance if the on/off state is updated when you switch the relay through the webinterface. If this does not update your network is not configured for using CoAP. Follow the instructions in the first post to troubleshoot this.

Iā€™ll see if more users are missing this.