[APP][Pro] Daikin AI

Maybe you should read the ‘user manual’ first before complaining…

This app requires that your Daikin air conditioner is equipped with a WiFi adapter (either model BRP069A-- or BRP069B–). This app does NOT support “Sky Air” ducted/ceiling models.

I am not complaining. Just explaining the fact I am using a BRP069B adapter as mentioned in the user manual. But yes it’s a ceiling model even if some features are working, so I inform the creator that maybe the road is not too far from a full ceiling compatibility. Thanks!

The road is blocked unfortunately, the creator (which I am) will not add support for ducted/ceiling models.

Hi Peter, and thank you for your help. I can also confirm that after uninstalling, reboot and then installing the test App everything is working well. Ofc after re-adding the devices and remaking the flows. Thanks again.

1 Like

That is good news Viktor! Sorry for the problematic migration to the new driver/new flow cards. I really did my best to make this migration as smooth as possible for all the existing users, unfortunately it did not always worked out.

Well the good thing is you are now all set for version 4.x.x, to be released next month and later this month available as test version.

Hello Peter,

I get the fan speed not working in a flow with version 3.4.1

@Rudy_P Share flow please, its working fine with my own flows and v3.4.1.

A sample flow

When the airco is off you should first turn it on, otherwise it will only change fan speed to 3 but nothing else will happen.

Do it like…

The airco is already on. Fan speed must change by 23 degrees

Special modes enabled? Upgrading from a old to new drivers/flow cards? If so delete app start over, see issue Viktor had.

I changed the flow to:

Now it works.

Aha, I see what you mean…

I was focused on the action not your trigger condition, my wrong. You did find a bug thanks for reporting, will try to fix it in version 4.x.x.

Rudy, this afternoon I was looking into this issue and on 2nd thoughts I don’t think there is a bug, let me explain…

When trying to reproduce this issue I thought wait a minute this is a trigger card not a condition card… The trigger card you use will trigger ONLY when the inside temperature changes, in your case from 22 to 23 degC, but also from 23 to 24, from 24 to 25 etc.

I created a flow card like yours… cooled down the room to below 23 degC then put the airco’s target temp to 24 and waited… the moment the inside temperature changed from 22 to 23 my flow triggered and changed the fan rate.

Can you try for your self?

Hello Peter

Can you share your flow or is it exactly like my flow?

Exactly the same.

Hi Peter,

I recently moved from Homeseer to Homey and your application is already one of my favorites the last week :slight_smile: and a big thanks for putting in the effort in making and supporting this app. I am quite new to Homey so apologies if raising questions already asked on this forum.

While using version 3.3.0 I noticed a few things, which I think are worth mentioning.

1. The setpoint temperature follows the current room temperature when switched off. This means you will have to set your setpoint each time you switch on the airco.
  2. When using streamer of power mode the program is selecting these modes in the program instead of cooling which is the active program. It would be really great if these can be put in a different drop down option like “Zwenken” and “Luchtdebiet” with a simple on/off option.

More than happy to test if required. I have 3 Daikin FTXA running overtime at the moment.

Hi,

thanks for the feedback!

Ad1. correct, and the reason is explained before. It has to do with how Athom/Homey implements the thermostat function which is not compatible with how Daikin airco’s work… the behaviour will not be changed.
Ad2. I cannot test any of the special modes myself which is why these modes are considered “Experimental”. But okay I am open for improvements to the UI. So you are saying… make a “Streamer” and a “Powerful” dropdown menus where you just can select ON or OFF, remove streamer and powerful from the “Operation Mode” dropdown right? I will have a look… Note: if I go this way it will be part of v4.x.x.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. Wrt to 2 yes that is exactly what I mean, happy to test with version 4.

I will look into this. FYI - in the 2 years these modes are in the app available I never had a single question or complaint about them… so kind of niche feature, which I myself also can not test either which makes it hard to support/develop.

1 Like