[APP][Pro] Daikin AI

No idea why nobody mentioned this before, I only joined recently :wink:
And please don’t see this as a complain, it certainly wasn’t meant to.
It is purely to improve an already great app. Mean reason is that the ‘Operation Mode’ for me always show streamer and hence I cannot see whether it is on cooling, heating or any other operation mode.

Not sure whether it helps, but these are the working scenario’s I have been using in my Homeseer scripts.

Getting the status of the advanced options
http://<ip_address>/aircon/get_control_info

where ‘adv’ means
2 = powerful
13 = streamer
2/13 = powerful + streamer

Setting the advanced options
Streamer: http://<ip_address>/aircon/set_special_mode?en_streamer=[0|1]
Powerful: http://<ip_address>/aircon/set_special_mode?set_spmode=[0|1]&spmode_kind=1

Where 0 = off and 1 = on.

I value your feed back! I never thought about it… just added these special modes some day… could not test them so never thought about it since :wink: Your suggestion makes perfectly sense.

I know the commands etc, we all use the same unofficial Apollon77 API as Daikin does not document the communication protocol…

The next version on test will be version 4.x.x.

Besides the removal of the old drivers (emura, comfora, sensira etc) I changed the way Special Modes are selected / turned On or Off, see screenshots of the updated UI.

Special Mode Notes
1/ Special Modes are experimental functions in Daikin AI, which means there is no guarantee that these modes will properly work using Daikin AI… as I cannot test these modes myself.
2/ Having special modes available on your Daikin remote does NOT mean you can control these modes via your WiFi apdapter using Daikin AI or the original Daikin app. The original app will show the Powerful, Econo, Streamer symbols when supported by your WiFi adapter, when not shown these modes cannot be controlled over WiFi.

With all the special modes selected during paring you will get this:

1 Like

Hi, I’m an enthousiastic user of the (your) app. Everything works fine exept in Google Home. It show (when cooling) " Verwarmingsmodus". I can change the temperature setting which has effect but can’t change the mode. I guess do to the “apparaattype” which is " thermostaat ". Is this something you could change by any way?

Which driver are you using?

Where can I find that? (app version3.3.0)

Ones installed this in not visible anymore… well it is but only by taking a close look at the icon (one shows Apple HomeKit the other one not). You might remember from the picture…

Ah well I use the not apple homekit version. With that one I can change all thebsettings in the Homey app. I installed the HK driver and that gave immediately all the options in Google home but not the special options in the Homey app. So, it would be nice to combine the two :slightly_smiling_face:

The none Homekit (Air-to-air Heatpump) driver uses so called custom capabilities for all of its functions, and that is why Google Home, Alexa and HomeKit do not work well with this driver.

So to answer your question… “no this can not be changed”.

For those who want to use voice control via Siri there is the HomeKit version, no official support for Google Home or Alexa but according to fellow users it works perfectly well with at least Goolge Home.

Note: The “HomeKit” driver uses only Homey standard capabilities, and is a result of that some what limited in its functionality.

1 Like

Final version 3… v3.4.2, minor changes compared to the previous test version.

The most noticeable change is that during paring special modes can no longer be selected. The v3 implementation of special modes is not supported any more in version 4, existing users of special modes have to repair (using the maintenance action menu) after the installation of version 4.

1 Like

Given that the current stable version (3.3.0) is doing quite well for most of its users I decided not promote version 3.4.2 to stable. I will replace version 3.4.2 on test soon with version 4.0.0.

Hi!
I am using app 3.3.0 with Homey 4.2.0 stable. I can’t add a BRP069B41. My adapter has a static IP but on a different subnet. Is that unsupported?

I do not get any information when I try to save the device more than “Your settings are being saved now…”.

/Anders

Version 4 news… for those who are using special modes in v3.3.0 there is good news… Version 4 will support maintenance mode… in most cases one does not have to RePair their airco but instead can use the Maintenance menu RePairing functionality to migrate from the old to the new Special Mode implementation. Using the Maintenance Menu will also in most cases not break existing flows.

Never tested, so unsupported… try adding using same subnet.

The same goes for all issues resulting from using a mesh network…

Hello,

where can i find the Maintenance mode ?

For apps that support maintenance actions you will find this option in the device settings menu. Note that to date Daikin AI does not have a maintenance menu. As of version 4.x.x it will, below a version 4 screenshot.

Hello Peter,

when will you release the new version 4.x.x ?

Version 4.0.0. is available on test now…

Notes
1/ no backwards compatibility with old style drivers called Emura, Comfora etc.
2/ new UI for special modes and also added condition and action flow cards for special modes.
3/ those who are using special modes already should after upgrading to version 4.0.0 perform a “maintenance action”.

Hi!
I just want to confirm that moving Daikin to the same subnet as Homey solved the problem.

/Anders

Thanks for the update!

ps. I will put a note in the “user manual” that the airco must be in the same subnet as Homey is.