[APP][Pro] Daikin AI

Time will tell… :wink:

managed to manually install (via CLI, thanks to @Automate_Asia’s code ) for support on model BRP072C42. Highly recommend we push the code to the app

1 Like

Good morning,

Over the weekend I was cleaning up the flows I have around my airco units and ran into a challenge: retrieving the operation mode of a unit. The reason for this is that I don’t want to set the operation mode to cooling if the unit is already cooling.

There is a card to test if the operation mode of a unit equals to e.g. cooling but that comes always back as false. And that is the case for all modes on all units.

I can set the units to every operation mode I want so there is no communication issue.
My app version is 5.0.16 and Homey is on 6.1.0. Adapter is BRP069Bxx.

Is this a known feature or am I doing something wrong?

I also noticed that there is - in my perception - odd behavior on the tiles. The circle behind the temperature on the tile is turning blue and black but that does not match the operation mode (cooling and off). Or is blue telling me that the measured temperature is higher than the target and I should be cooling?

Final for now: Can I see the operation mode in Homey Developer Tools?

Thanks!
Ed

On the standard remote that is delivered with the Daikin Emura there are two buttons that I miss in the app.
Intelligent eye and comfort airflow.
Why aren’t these options not available (yet)?

2021-06-14 16_31_37-Window
2021-06-14 16_31_25-Window

These functions will never be available as these functions are not supported by the Daikin (reverse engineered) API.

Okay, that’s good to know.
Thanks.

Hi.

I’ve got a feature request.

I’m missing the AND card where the FAN speed can be selected.
I would like to program a single button, that can be pressed to change the fan speed from Auto to Silent and vice versa. But for that to be done, I need to know the current fan speed. So if there would be an AND card that provides me the FAN speed, that can be accomplished quite easily.

many regards,
Twan

I might have a look for a 5 star rating… :wink:

1 Like

Adding the possibility to select the Fan Speed definitely warrants a 5 star rating.
:wink:

I just hope you learned (ask before rate) something…

Hi Peter,
I’m hoping you or someone else can help me.
I’m having a hard time connecting my new Daikin US7 to homey. I’ve read lots and just cant get the connection.

AC is Daikin FTXZ25N
I’m in Australia and the WiFi adapter for the Australian App I read is not compatible, so I have purchase from the US, BRP069B41 adapter.
I can connect my smart phone to the adapter wifi signal, however I am unable to:
a) connect direct to Homey, I get the red message “your settings are being saved now…” and then nothing gets added.
b) connect the adapter to the actual Daikin AP (not sure if the problem is related but I assume it is) It keeps telling my my smart phone is not connected, when it actually is connected.

Is there something wrong with the wifi settings, or what might I be doing wrong?

Hi,

Trouble shooting step #1

Open a browser open this url http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/aircon/get_control_info (were xxxx is the ip of your airco).

Response should be like:

ret=OK,pow=0,mode=0,adv=,stemp=21.0,shum=40,dt1=21.0,dt2=M,dt3=22.0,dt4=25.0,dt5=25.0,dt7=21.0,dh1=40,dh2=50,dh3=40,dh4=0,dh5=0,dh7=40,dhh=50,b_mode=0,b_stemp=21.0,b_shum=40,alert=255,f_rate=A,f_dir=3,b_f_rate=A,b_f_dir=3,dfr1=A,dfr2=5,dfr3=A,dfr4=5,dfr5=5,dfr6=5,dfr7=A,dfrh=5,dfd1=3,dfd2=0,dfd3=3,dfd4=0,dfd5=0,dfd6=0,dfd7=3,dfdh=0

Please report.

The feature is called ‘users own mistake’ :wink: This is working fine for me.

This is by (SDK) design, the color has nothing to do with the on/off state or mode of the airco.

Sure

Hi Peter,
I am unable to connect with the link!!!
I just get the site cant be reaches error (both when connected to my wifi and also the daikin wifi adapter)

I’m glad that it works for you… I don’t see it.

If only I understood where my mistake was… Could this be using the value of the thermostat_mode_std capability that I don’t have?

Ed, try to ‘re-pair’ and see what happens, trouble shoot…

1 Like

So that is the problem… as long as this fails my app nor Homey can communicate with your airco.

What is the official Daikin app called you use to control your airco?