[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Hello!

Non of my cameras reports battery anymore, one camera is showing 52% but in the homey app it says 86% i have restarted the app but it didn’t help. Same thing with temperature

Same cams set correct notification:

here is report file:
7bce080e-25f3-4bd7-9f81-a57650d4bb30

@Tb1 please check FAQ Q5 [APP] Eufy Security - #4 by martijnpoppen

Battery status is not correct in the API.

@Felho I don’t see any motion detection events in your logs. Can you force some motion events and send a new log after that?

Martijn

I’ve had to reset one of my HomeBases because of a Eufy software issue and set-up all the devices attached to it again. The old devices on Homey no longer worked so I deleted them but when I try to re-add them it says there are no devices available. I’ve tried logging out of the app and re-logging in again and re-starting it but neither has forced the app to find the ‘new’ devices. I’m reluctant to uninstall and re-install the app (which I know will work) because I have quite a few devices that are linked to a number of flows and I will have to update each one.

Is there another way to force the app to see the re-installed devices?

Hi @Julian_Isaacson ,

hmm good question.

Did you share the devices to your extra account?
Probably when you changed to the new homebase the device sharing went missing.

After that:

go to app settings → clear all (bottom left) → login again (with the extra account)
Make sure you use a internal IP for your Homebase

Martijn

Thanks for the response and now I feel very foolish…

The HomeBase appeared in Homey without any problems and I could control the Mode, even though I hadn’t shared it from Eufy, probably because it’s the same IP address. You were absolutely correct that I needed to share the other re-installed devices from within Eufy; I should have thought about this. It would be interesting to know if I delete a device from HomeBase (but leave it in Homey) and then add it in again and share it, whether your Homey app will pick it up as the same Homey card. I might give it a try.

Thanks for your help and for a great app. Have you thought about a subscription service to support your work in ongoing development? I realise that there seems to be a ‘free to use’ ethos around Homey apps but I can’t see how the Homey platform will be sustainable in the long-term (as well as encouraging people to develop decent apps) if there’s not some kind of remuneration system.

2 Likes

Hey @Julian_Isaacson ,

Good that it works again!
The Homebase will always show up because it doesn’t have any sharing options. So it’s always shared to the extra accounts.

I would think so… Because it doesn’t change anything in the device setup. As it’s API based. If you test this let me know :smiley:

No not really, I like to help the people out. And every now and then people donate something which is always very kind. But for me it’s the experience and I want to deliver a good product.
Homey will stay community based I think. Whenever there’s a brand who develop it’s own app it get replaced in the store because the brands have higher priority. So for example if Eufy builds it’s own homey app. My app will be removed.

For now I’ll keep doing this and help people out and maintain this app :smiley: (and the other apps I made)

I think it’s a shame that you’re putting in the work and it might get superceded, although, from a user’s point of view a manufacturer app can work better in some ways (although often less innovative).

I have fully-committed to the Homey ecosystem but I’m beginning to have doubts about it; I’ve looked at the figures and I can’t see how their business model can be sustainable and if there’s no income-generation opportunities for people like you, users’ will be hostages to fortune or, worse still, Homey might get picked up by one of the big boys and that will be the end of any innovation.

I’ll send you something as a thank you.

1 Like

Is it possible to add a away delay?
For example I have a Aqara door sensor and when the alarm is manually set at the keypad and than walk through the door than it set on the alarm right away.
I have adjusted my flow so that it only triggers a countdown when nobody is home. I need to test this if this works but I think it would be better and saver if setting a delay is possible.

Thanks.

Yeah totally agree. Most of the time it’s a team of developer instead of a single person working on it in spare time.

Really appreciated! Thanks a lot :smiley:

Hey @Heula ,
I understand. Ofcourse you have the delay option in the flowcards. The default homey behaviour

But I think this relates to the request you made earlier. (The beeping sound)

So what I’m trying is to include the logic from the Security mode and trigger the motion/door sensor. Based on that Eufy Will follow it’s Security mode settings (delays, beeping)

Still working on that, i’ll let you know once I have a working version :smiley:

1 Like

You are the man!

1 Like

2c32e20f-da21-4509-a836-33fb5efdd040

the offical app send notification but homey and telegram no

@Felho got your new logs. I do see Person detection. So it does work. But i think you have to change your flow to Person detected instead of motion detected (or both).
In your flow you have the trigger motion but not person : Shared Flow | Homey

What you also can do: Select the generic motion card : The motion alarm turned on
This will trigger on anything. So it’s a catch all. This will also activate your zone.
You can enable this per device in the device settings

ok thanks

1 Like

Hi there, new homey user here. I seem unable to use this app. It worked when I first set it up, but now one day later I can not change my guard mode. During my sleep last night it seemed the app also turned off all my cameras. Now nothing works, just the login on the settings page. Any help is appreciated.
My setup: homebase 2 sysver. 2.1.7.2h, subsysver. 1.3.0.9
Correct internal IP address set, secondary admin user.
Homey pro v.7.0.0

I get a timed out pop up after 30000ms

@Ray_Godjord
Hey Happy to help.
Can you send an diagnostic report?

You can do that via:
More → apps → eufy Security → settings wheel right top → send diagnostic report

About turning off all camera. If you placed them in a room and turn that room off. It Will also turn the cameras off.

There’s a always on option for each camera. You can find that in the device settings

After several tries in the login page, it now seems to work. I tried rebooting both eufy and homey several times. My eufy got a new IP address and when I changed to the new address I got a couple of error messages (something about unauthorized access), then I tried again and got the one I post here, but on the next try the app started working again…
diagnostic report code: c25f4205-6292-4d0c-924f-f4026d4fc96e

1 Like