[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

It looks like my problem only comes when I am connected with Ethernet and WiFi. When I unplugged the Ethernet cable, everything seems to work.
So I found me a workaround

1 Like

New app update (live: 2.6.13 ):

Changes:

• FIX: Alarm not turning off the alarm_generic card. (e.g.: when a door sensor closed the door)
  • FIX Alarm_generic was not turned of when alarm was started from Homey (with timer).

CC: @RobbertV

Hi Martijn,

I add the device MOTION sensor (of EUFY) to my Homey. But it does not trigger any motion in the Homey App.
In the Eufy App it says motion detected.

Best regards,

Eddy

Hey @Eddy_Vermeulen ,
Do you have notification enabled for the motion sensor?
Homey can only trigger when a notification was received. So you should enable them in the official Eufy app.

Hi Martin

After the latest update 10 days ago, the Pan&Tilt again doesn’t change arming status in the eufy app. Other cameras works as intended.

New app update (live: 2.6.14 ):

Changes:

• FIX: decrease Homebase cronjob. Causing standalone cameras to no respond

@Henrik_Soegaard Fixed in above release

Hi Martijn,

I have the Floodlight Cam but miss the option “Security Mode” or in the dutch app “Beveligingsmodus” for this cam. When I look at the other cameras I have this option (also in the Eufy App I have the option for the Floodlight cam) are you aware of this ?

1 Like

Hey @Remko_H
No I was not aware of that.
Its indeed missing will add it.

I thought it was a Homebase based camera but it’s a standalone like the indoor cams.

Will let you know when it’s updated

1 Like

New app update (test: 2.6.15 ):

Changes:

• FIX: deviceCapabilities for Floodlight camera

@Remko_H

1 Like

New app update (test: 2.7.0 ):

Changes:

• NEW: add 360 turn flowcard for indoor Cam Pan&Tilt

@Chris_nl

1 Like

And it works whow that was really quick :+1:t2::ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Hi, maybe a stupid question,

But the difference between these 2 kits:

And

Is it only that the last one has a higher resolution, and the base station can be connected wired?

And for the first one, it also has a sd-card slot right?

The first one is only halve the price… So that a great deal in my opinion. But maybe I’m missing something…

Superb! And quick as always :+1:

Just tested it, works great (360 room scan), nice adition, for example when sound is noticed or another alarm triggered. Combined with a person detection card this makes a fine security system with double checks for false positives :+1:

1 Like

It’s a different device, with it’s own advantages (like price) and disadvantages (like 1080 vs 2k and sd card inside the doorbell, so if someone steals it you lose your video of that as well).

This article gives you some other insights https://houshia.com/eufy-doorbells-wired-vs-wireless/

And questions are never stupid…we’re here to help eachother :+1:

Note, i bought the wireless one, cause the homebase stores your video’s (now also have some RTSP recording on my NAS with a workaround). If you wait around for a bit, prices on sale for that one can go as low as € 120/130, just keep an eye on https://nl.pepper.com/ and amazon (also .DE)

3 Likes

Thanks!

Im using a ring doorbell 2 now, but I am not really happy with it. It is working pour with homey, so I have to use ifttt as a workaround. Also, to get snapshots as notifications, you need a plan for €30,- a year, aswell as for recordings.

The problem with the cheaper Eufy is that it has only the option to use it with a battery. No wired connection possible. And that is no option for me. So, I have to wait until the 2k version will drop in price.

But thanks for your help!

2 Likes

Oh no my request introduced a bug in the Flood light camera, when you switch the camera On it goes Off and Off is On

1 Like

Will make a fix.
I used the behaviour of the indoor cams. But seems like they’re not the same :stuck_out_tongue:
Indoor cams have the on off swapped around for some reason (Eufy logic)

1 Like

New app update (test: 2.7.1 ):

Changes:

• NEW: add 360 turn flowcard for indoor Cam Pan&Tilt
  • FIX: floodlight on/off @Remko_H
  • FIX: reset homebase alarm on start of app @Chris_nl
2 Likes

I confirm the floodlight on and off is working with this version. Good job and thanks again for the amazing quick response :+1:t2::ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

The alarm status has been reset after I installed this test version, not sure if that is because of the fix, or just because of the update of the app. I Will keep an eye on it, but so far everything looks great :+1: