[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Ah, that’s clever as well.
Might still be a good alternative in case I would like to store the images.
At least for now I avoided such a middle-man setup, so one less point of failure :wink:

Martijn,
Since the last update I can no longer read camera information such as motion reports and motion detectors in Homey. I can see the battery status. I can see when the camera is turned on or off in homey. What went wrong or what did I do wrong? In Eufy everything works perfectly.

Hey,
Check if your security mode is enabled for notifications and also the notifications are enabled in your account.

You can check that in the official Eufy app.

Thank you for a great app. I have been scrolling this thread som time - and i see that the app has support for multiple cameras?! I have two tilt/turn indoor. I installed the app when i only had one - do i have to reinstall the app for adding the second one?

Hey @Amund,
You can add multiple camera’s.
Make sure to use the latest version. Enable auto update for the app or install the latest version via this link: Eufy Security App voor Homey | Homey

Click install and It Will update the app.

Once you have done that you can go to devices and add your extra camera

Update is ok.Under app-settings i only see "“hub settings - livingroom” - but not my other camera. when i try to add the second one in devices it will not fint any camera. Can the problem be that it is the same cameramodel? (i have no hub - only two tilt/turn cameras)

@amund Make sure you shared the camera with this extra account otherwise Homey cannot find it

After that When you go to the app settings click save changes again. It will fetch the latest data.

Wow! You are right! Forgot to share the camera with my other account! Now it works!! Thank you!

1 Like

Martijn,
Sometimes I suddenly see that there is no motion notifications in the Homey app for days. To my surprise, I suddenly saw an image appear in the app. But it is still not clear to me where I can find the security mode in the app and on my account.

Hey @Rob-Janszen ,
The security mode you can find in the official Eufy app.

imageimage

Issue
You probably change to a different mode every now and then. But in that mode the push notifications are not enabled. When that happens Homey cannot see whats going on because it needs the push notifications for that.

What you can do:
Go to the screen I posted above. And check for every security mode if the push notifications are enabled.

Martijn,
Thanks for your clear explanation, it works fine again. I probably changed something without being aware of it. Learned something again, thanks.

1 Like

@martijnpoppen

When I make a simple flow for changing arm mode, nothing happens in the EufySecrity app?

Do you have an idea on what could be wrong?

@Kongedam Yes, probably a wrong Homebase IP

Check FAQ Q4: [APP] Eufy Security - #4 by martijnpoppen

IP was correct and I just tryed again, now everything works?

@Kongedam Maybe you got a timeout in the connection. Sometimes that can happen.

I’m still working on a retry mechanism

1 Like

hello I have a eufy doorbell, I made a flow when someone calls you send the image to the google hub, but the image is not saved in the original eufa application and you can not check the recording who called

Hey @Tomek_D ,
The integration in Homey doesn’t store images to the offical Eufy app.
The Homey app allows you to integrate Eufy with other smart home devices.

I hope I understood youre problem correctly :slight_smile:

Note: with a doorbell press there’s not always an image available.

I mean that normal, after pressing the bell, the image is saved in the eufy application in the Events section, and after taking flow and uploading the image to google nest hub, the image is not saved in the eufy application

@Tomek_D can you maybe share an screenshot of the place where you would expect that screenshot? :slight_smile:

at this point there should be a video of someone ringing the doorbell