[APP][Pro] HDL Smartbus

You are entering ip address of your HDL module… so when you have vpn on router… maybe?

Hi guys, if you want to do development on the app, you don’t need to change the ID or the name of the app. Just download the code from Github and use npm to install the Homey CLI: homey - npm.
Then you can make the changes you want on the app and install it on your local Homey with npm app run. It is explained here Getting Started - Homey Apps SDK but skip part 2. Make sure you are in the directory you downloaded from git.

If you want the code to be part of the app, please fork out and make a pull request as described e.g. here: How To: Fork a GitHub Repository & Submit a Pull Request – Jake Jarvis.

Hi Fredrik, Im pretty sure communication with the HDL is done through broadcasting on the LAN, so it’s not routable even through a VPN. Needs to be on the same subnet.

About the Homey Bridge @Fredrik_Meyer-Lampe : I don’t have a Homey Bridge myself, so I’m only referring to what is said online, but the Bridge does not allow apps to access the local WiFi. I’m doubting they will change that, but feel free to ask.

@horakmar About the stuff that are not functioning with the floor heater: Could you fork out and try to fix it? I don’t have a floor heater module, so I can’t test it.

@AndreasL Hi! As of today, I can see the temperature on all floors, but can not adjust them up / down or turn them on / off through the app. Could it be an idea to add the possibility to change the mode with flows?

For my part, I do not need to adjust the temperature in the app as long as it is possible to change modes, as these are already preset in the module (see attached screenshot).
Screenshot 2022-01-08 090919

Hi Ole, its a bug and andreas cannot repair that, he has not floor module. I have to find bug, need more free time to do that.

Hi. Any news on location the heating adjusting bug? :slight_smile:

Yes, I fix it. Im sendig repaired code to Andreas, so stay tuned.

Awesome, well done. Looking forward to test the new update.

Hi @horakmar and @Nichel,
I’ve got the code from Martin and added it. Fixed a couple of bugs in there, but I have no way of testing the app with the floor heater. Anyway, it is published to test now at: HDL SmartBus | Homey.

Please let me know how it turns out so I can change it from test to live.

Andreas

Hi @AndreasL, floor heating works great :slight_smile:

Guys, there is important notice! All heaters has to be in NORMAL mode! When you have your heaters in other modes, it doesnot work. Intentionally.

Good - version has been published to live now

I really appreciate the development of this app that makes my hdl equipment so much more flexible and integrated :ok_hand::ok_hand: I use heating control through relays and dimmers so can not test the heating module.

I have a garage door with a magnetic switch for indication open/closed which is connecte to a 8i1 logic input.
Is there any way I can get this status info in Homey please ? :blush:

Also wondering if there are any plans for integration of the DLP panels ?

Hi Fredrik,

Glad that you are enjoying the app :+1:

I have no specific plans for any work on the app moving forward, beyond keeping it up to date with the various changes in libraries and security updates. DLP-panels would be a beast to integrate fully, so I suggest you try using Universal Switches from the DLP to the Homey.

About the 8in1: Are you talking about dry contacts or logic? If logic, it is not supported in the underlaying library used in the app (GitHub - caligo-mentis/smart-bus: Node.js implementation of HDL SmartBus protocol). If dry contacts, it still needs to be added to the app, which needs to happen on someones spare time. Want to try it out?

Andreas

@AndreasL
Thanks for your feedback. I understand it is a lot work, and most likely unnecessary since universal switch can be used, but what about only reading the room temperature from the DLPs? Is that also much work?

For the 8i1 it is dry contacts, but I not sure I have the needed competence or experience to do it.
Is there a guide or something I can explore further before concluding on my possibilities to contribute?

Really happy for this Homey integration that gives myself hdl system innovative solutions again.:ok_hand:

Do however have some challenges with status on especially relays and also dimmer in Homey. The Homey symbols is not always correct.
For dimmers the status is normally updated if I close the Homey app and open it again, however for relays it is often wrong. (Symbol in Homey bright/on when relays is closed/off)

I also have a iridium lite server running on a raspberry pi. When I check status there, it is always correct

Anyone else experiencing this or could think of a solution?

Hello everyone, good news - now you can control your curtains! This version is in development mode, so if you want, you can try it yourself here

Enjoy

Hi everyone,
I’ve added some more to the test-version currently available. There are dry-contacts as requested by @Fredrik_Meyer-Lampe and also some better error handling for some of the received signals that are not recognized. Available here: HDL SmartBus | Homey

Andreas

1 Like

Fantastic @AndreasL :ok_hand::ok_hand: