[APP][Pro] HDL Smartbus

@AndreasL
Where do I find the test version? I have updated to 0.72 bit can not find the test functions on 8-1 multisensors there?

Hi Fredrik,

The test version has now been set as the live version and you should have it installed automatically. Any Multisensor that transmits a signal containing a dry-contact signal should have that added as a capability automatically so that it is visible on the unit in Homey.

Andreas

Perfect👍

I csn now see the relay status in the multisensor view in addition to motion, lux readings etc :+1:

However, I do not seem to be able to include them in flows?

In example, when relay yes, send push notification? I can not find any flow cards for the input channels?

I’m thinking that this has to do with the fact that there are two or more of them. I’ll look into how to separate them out with naming later, as I’m off on vacation now.

Andreas

Anyone having challenges with feedback on relays and dimmers? I often experience that a dimmer or relay is shown as on in Homey, while they are actually off. While discovering this, I manually turn the dimmer of relay on/off, and the feedback status is then shown as correct.
Is it possible to adjust feedback frequency or something?

I have no problem with that. Only unusual problem maybe, but in 99,9% case of this is everything ok.

One thing to remember: HDL is a protocol that broadcasts everything on a bus (Layer 2). The IP-module transmits all this to the whole network, so potentially a lot of traffic. Your Homey is on wifi only, and depending on your network, this might be jammed down by traffic. I’m guessing your RaspberryPi is physically connected to the network (not wifi) and as such won’t have the issues Homey might have. So tweaking your HDL setup to lower traffic and getter a better (mesh) wifi could both prevent issues if you loose packages.

Andreas

Thanks for your advice @AndreasL Homey is place next to a google wifi router, so mesh network should be good.

However reducing traffic should be looked into. Maybe one way to do that is unplugging the Iridium server and also try to stop using the HDL Logic module?

Do you get Lux measurements from your 8i1 Multisensors in HDL ? I only get motion and the newly added relays ? In my 12i1 multisensors I get a motion, lux, temparature, relays.

Do this mean I can not use Homey to control motion fully since I do not want the light to turn on above a certain luminans value, and that I have to set up a mix between Homey (for rooms with 12i1) and HDL in rooms with 8i1 and PIR sensor.
Or maybe there is another way to do…

I understand the PIR HDL sensors are not possible to implement?

Hi @Fredrik_Meyer-Lampe,

The 8in1 actually is several different model types (among them 314 and 315), where only 314 reports brightness. If your type is recognized as 315, the underlaying library will not get any lux from it. If 314, brightness/lux will be added as a capability and the readings updated.

PIR-sensors - are those a separate kind? I think all the motion sensors from HDL are “PIR” as in Passive Infrared. There are a couple of units I could try to add to see if they receive any data, but a specific model would help.

Hi Andreas,
Thank you so much for your support.
It seams like I have the type 314, which reports brightness, so then I guess it should be possible to use it as a condition. However, not shown on the sensor…

The PIR model i have is SB-CMS-PIR

Are you using Homey and HDL in combination as your daily setup? I really want to replace the hdl logic module, and most of it works, but as mentioned earlier the status on devices is often wrong. I have disconnected the Iridium server to see if that helps, but did not succeed. Maybe using homey to set night and morning routines will help, since I still use the logic module for these scenes.

@Fredrik_Meyer-Lampe, I got the same issue after the latest app update. Status on devices is often reported wrong in Homey. Im sure it accured after the latest update of the app as it worked fine before that.

Thanks for your reply👍
You refer to the HDL bus app?

Do you still use UV in the Logic module. I do for night, day etc, and when setting these modes a lot of relays and differs of course change status at a short time.

I think I get more status errors after such mode changes

All,
Not as much activity in this forum as I had hoped for.
Are you all using Homey and HDL bus as your everyday setup or are you only using HDL without Homey?

I would really like this great combo to work perfect and would gladly contribute if I had the programming skills needed, but have only tried to c++ in the old days :relaxed:

I understand your comment. Homey has brought new life to my HDL installation and made it possible to control various other systems from HDL, and to let Homey control HDL functions. Thank’s to AnderasL and horakamr . I have moved away from Iridium server, Z-way.me, Telldus and IFTTT. The Homey HDL integration has as an example made it possible to control heating with electricity prices as one of the inputs.

I would also like to contribute, but limited programming skills make it difficult.

I’m using HDL to control floor heating through DLP’s and the Heating Controller. The Heating Controller integrates well with Homey, and I would like the DLP’s to work the same way for floor heating.

The x-in-One sensors also integrates well with Homey, but I would like to have included the HDL Humidity sensor (HDL-MASTH.2C).

I have started to look at the code for the heating controller and the Multisensor, and have found online programming courses, but I believe it’s a long way to go for me……

I would appreciate a cooperation with others in the Forum enabling us to contribute and not leave all the needed work to AnderasL and horakamr.

Hi Andreas.

Is it possible to include the HDL Humidity sensor (HDL-MASTH.2C) in the Multisensor driver? It act like a normal 7in1, but measures humidity instead of movement.

In the HDL Node library file “commands.js” it might be a “sensor in one” type included in //12.4.2 Response Read sensors Status” (line 1537) which reads humidity among movement, temperature and light.

From the file “defDeviceType.xls” I have found the code to be 310 (line 296). In Gifthub hdl-smartbus-homey-0.6.0 version I have found the file /hdl/hdl_multsensors.js which have a list of valid sensors. Number 310 is not included in that list. Might the Humidity sensor temperature and light be read by Homey with the number 310 added in that file? I assume that including humidity will need some additional programming.

I would like to contribute with programming, but do have not the skills needed as for now.

Is it possible for you to include this sensor in next release? Just adding temperature would be of help as I use this as the only sensor in some rooms.

Hi @ojnordah

Thank you for finding the IDs and going though the code - that makes changes a lot easier. I’ll see what I can do sometime soon, and launch it to test together with an update from @horakmar.

1 Like

Hi AndreasL

Thank you for responding. I have actually made the Humidity sensor work in Homey. It has been running and working for two days now. Only problem seems to be that the movement alarm is trigged. I guess it has something to do with the fact that the sensor has no movement sensor, which then “confuses” the driver.

I will do some more testing and send you a “pull request” through Github when it seems OK*.* Just have to explore how Github works first……

I will also do an attempt to include the DLP display (HDL-MPTL14.46-A) in a similar way as @horakamr has included the floor heater module.

1 Like

Great @ojnordah! Useful info on contributing via GitHub here: https://www.contribution-guide.org