[APP][Pro] Honeywell Evohome discussion topic

Hi,

It should work, but I can’t test it myself. I have received successful reports but that was from people that were already using the app, and thus already had installed their thermostats.

If the screen is white after ‘follow the instructions’, that means that it cannot find any thermostats for some reason. The most common fault is username and password errors, but I assume you did check that :wink:

Can you restart the app, try to add devices and then submit an app diagnostics reports? This is done via Settings / Apps .

Thanks!

Do not see diagnostics report under apps.
System does show “send log” but that seems to be for Athom employees (gives a code that must be send to the employee)

I think you need to press the CTRL button and then hover over the app’s name. Then you’ll get an option to send a diagnostics report. It is a bit hidden.

It was the ALT button that shows the hidden option
Report is sent

I have received the report, thanks!

Did you try adding a device before sending the report? I see a successful start-up of the app, and retrieval of your account details from the Evohome ‘cloud’. But I don’t see any pairing attempts. So that might be 2 things:

1. you didn’t try to add a device :wink:

2. somehow it doesn’t start the pairing process (which almost immediately should output some logging).

In case of 2 , this can also explain the white screen. But then I cannot see anything in the logging why it wouldn’t work.

Can you confirm that you did try adding a device before sending the logs?

What I did:
1 restart the honeywell app (settings apps)
2 try to add a device: devices, plus sign, homeywell then select thermostat, white screen wait for instructions
3 settings, apps, sent report

Hi
I will soon be delivered my new (build)home. In this house I have seen the honeywell round wireless hanging and an ordinary honeywell round.
what should I pay attention to if I can connect it with my homey?

Hi all, a question:

As a Evohome user i now connected it to my Homey and am very happy with the functionality at the moment. However if someone changes a temperature setpoint (via the homey app) on one of the radiators in the house i would like to log this.

To log the temperature change is no problem, but how can i also log which user is doing this action?
Does anyone have a flow example for this?

I got a question, couldn’t find t in the topic. Do i need the Gateway RFG100 to connect with homey?

Hi Jeroen,

It depends on the Honeywell controller you have; does your controller include the wireless connection ? Can you already manage your system via the ‘Total Connect Comfort’ app ? Then you don’t need a separate gateway.

But if you cannot control the honeywell system remotely at the moment, then you will need a gateway system.

Hope this helps,

Ralf

Hi Ralf, Would it be possible to also see the demand generated by the system or individual zones?

What do you mean by demand? Can you explain what you’d like to see or achieve?

Demand is the number that is send to the heater, e.g. each zone generates a ‘demand’ number (0~100%) for heat. The sum of all the zones is send to the heater, when you have an on/off boiler demand of 1% will already start the burner, with an opentherm control the actual number is send to the heater to modulate the burner
with the evohome display these numbers can be observed in the menu, system devices or system parameters.

I understand. I don’t think this demand number is available in the API to read. But I’ll check. If it’s there I can include it of course.

I could use some help on the honeywell app
Goal: detect when the temperature setting is changed manually. Then cancel it after an hour

I started with this

But the papertrails logging shows the flow is also triggered when evohome is changing the temp setting (programmed)

How can I make the flow detect manual overrides?

I could add time limitations in the flow. But that creates a dependency to the evohome programming (when I change the evohome program I need to update my flows too)

Any suggestions?

In my personal experience, a manual override cannot be undone through a flow.

In our case we often turn on the heating manually in the bathroom when getting the bathtub ready to be filled with water. But we occasionally forget to turn it off again.

I have flows in place that detect this and instruct Evohome to turn of the heating in the bathroom.
I believe I’ve read this somewhere in the Evohome manuals or something that this is intended behavior: manual control is supposed to override programmatic controls.

Personally my plan is to stop using that manual control and have some flow in Homey set the temperature in the bathroom to a predefined level and then have it turn off again too, which should work.

Let us know what your personal experience is and whether you can confirm my experience or disprove it.

Good luck!

It can by setting custom action to auto again:

Although it will reset all manual overrides (but how big is the chnce of having multiple ones active)

My issue is how to detect a manual override.

Hi all,

anyone who can help me with HR92 valve synch issue?

i am not able synch my Homey with HR92. When i try add a device i get a timeout …
i tried reinstal app, restart app, homey restart…still same issue.

But i have one question i need a Honeywell thermostat to correct sync ? because i dont own it…
(I created honeywell home account, so i hope is not issued by wrong acc or pwd in homey app)

Thanks and sorry for my eng… :stuck_out_tongue:

• What firmware is homey running?
    I could not get my evohome connected to homey with v2 either.
    Upgraded to homey firmware v3 and it worked flowless

• Did you fill your credentials in the settings of the homey app?