[APP][Pro] Honeywell Evohome discussion topic

The app communicates via the homeywell cloud. So no direct contact with the evohome nor hr92.
This means if your honeywell getconnected app is working, you will be able to control it via homey. (Provided you havethe login credentials)

Homey controlling evohome does have a delay (just like the honeywell getconnected app has)

The HR92 is part of the evoHome system, not a stand-alone device.

1 Like
  • My homey is running on 3.2.1
  • Yes, I fill.

So, i think there is a gap. I am registered to honeywell page, but i am not able to register Hr92 see pic .

Did you install the correct App?!
Theres 2 honeywell apps, youneed the evohome app
Looking at your screenshot I think you are using the honeywell lyric app

Just to be clear, with manual override I mean setting the temperature on the radiator valve by hand, not setting a temperature for a zone through the Evohome display or app.

I’ve tried setting temperature for the bathroom by hand and afterwards executing that custom action to auto like you suggested. The temperature set by hand on the radiator valve remains set until I unset it by hand.

Manual changes on the radiator itself tend not to be recognized by the Evohome system (there is no active polling by the controller on manual changes, only on current temperature).
So when you do custom action to “Auto”, the controller will think there is nothing to be done and won’t send a signal to the radiator valve.

You could try a custom action with ‘AutoWithReset’ . Or as a work-around: first change the valve via an action to a temperature and then cancel the adjustment a couple of minutes later.

If I remember well this is dependend on the type of radiatorvalve.
I have the latest HR92. When I turn the HR92 this is nicely shown on the controller.
The temperature setting is set until the next programmed temperature change

Evohome before changing the HR92 temperature setting:

Evohome after changing the HR92 temperature setting:

1 Like

I have currently build some flow that work fine

This is triggered by every temperature change (so also by the programmed changes :frowning:)

My study is not programmed to be heated so the programmed changes never go higher than 15c. So I catch the manual actions by adding this:

This enables a flow to reset it:

This is the second flow that is enabled by the flow above (after manual action)
(The flow disables itself after execution)

This works nicely:
Adjust the te,perature at the HR92
Before:

After:

And after 16:00 it flips back to auto:

REMEMBER: there is a downside to this flow. The set to auto action will reset all changes made. So if any other controllers were also changes these will be reset too.

I did not find a way to reset hust one HR92 change

2 Likes

I am busy rewriting the Evohome app a bit, to include multiple locations (based on a request from a generous donation). I am also including new features e.g. Low Battery detection.

A first beta release is available in the app store: Evohome beta . It should work as expected, but no guarantees :wink:

All feedback will be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

I’ve done some more experimenting last week and here is the follow-up as this may help others understand better what is going on or why something is or is not working.

Manually setting the temperature does result in this become visible, it just takes a while (as in a couple of minutes sometimes) before it has been propagated to the Total Connect Comfort environment. And then it takes another while for it to propagate to Homey.

I also encountered some “interesting” behavior. For example:

1. manually set the temperature on the radiator to 12 degrees
  2. waited for it to propagate
  3. manually set the temperature on the radiator to 23 degrees
  4. set the temperature for the same zone to 14 degrees in the TCC iOS app
  5. cancel the temperature setting for the same zone in the TCC iOS app

This caused the TCC iOS app to display the “programmed” temperature setting for the zone (which was 5 degrees) but the radiator to remain set to 23 degrees.

In the end the way to reset a manually-on-the-radiator-set temperature is indeed to set a (different) temperature for that zone (with at least 1 degree difference), let enough time pass so that setting can take effect on the radiator and then cancel that setting for that zone.

“let enough time pass” in my case:
1 second was not enough
10 minutes is enough

Note that the 1 degree difference is due to the bias of 0.5 degrees of the controller towards the “set” temperature.

This is also noticeable when manually setting a different temperature for a zone in for example the TCC iOS app: you will notice that the current temperature for that zone immediately is reported to be half a degree closer to the set temperature than it was before the change.

Hope this helps others as well.
The information in this topic by the others was very helpful for me in understanding what to do/try and I’ve managed to implement what I wanted.

If I remember correctly, the controller syncs every 4 minutes to the total connect comfort “cloud”.
The Evohome app on Homey checks this cloud every 5 minutes.
So worst case it can take up to 9 minutes.

Yeah, this matches with my experiences/feeling.
Sometimes it can take up to around 10 minutes, but sometimes it can happen very quickly.

Does Honeywel have any SLA stipulations indicating that once every 5 minutes is the max?
Because checking once every minute for example would reduce that “max 9 minutes” to “max 5 minutes”. Haven’t gotten around yet to checking out their documentation as this is behind their “developer login”.

Not sure if there is a recommendation from Honeywell on numbers of checks. In the past I got issues with authorization if I set it any lower than 5 minutes ( especially if there are multiple devices (e.g. the Honeywell app on your phone) connecting to the Honeywell service.

Recently I optimised the login procedure, so it might be that I can lower the 5 minute interval. I’ll do some testing upcoming weeks to see if a lower interval doesn’t lead to errors.

Ik krijg ook een timeout wanneer ik een HR92 wil toevoegen. Laatste versie gedownload. Username en password via instellingen in de App gezet. Daarna naar het plusje en app honeywell geopend waar de HR92 in zichtbaar is en dan op de tegel drukken om toe te voegen. Krijg een rondloper met tekst …zoeken naar nieuwe apparaten en dan timeout na 30000ms . WIE weet raad ??

Leen,

Can you submit an report via the app settings? Please restart the app, try to add the HR92 and then submit the report.

Please include your email address, so I can contact you in case we need to dig further.

Do you already have other devices on Evohome? Or is this the first one?

Hello,

I have login in the homey developer and then I look for pairing. Then I see all the HR92 and everything is ready now.

Thank for calling and Works fine.

Greeting

Leen Schaap

Kloetinge ( Netherlands)

Hi Ralf, is there a way to find out when EvoHome starts the CV installation to heat? Is there a trigger? For me it is interesting to find out when te CV is heating. Time and duration.

Hi Ralf,

Did you already find out if the hot water could be added.
I used IFTTT before, but since this premium thing I want to get rid of it

@ralfvd
v3.0.3 is still on test, while the last update was 9 months ago? Any reason why it’s not pushed to stable. Stable is still on v2.2.0 (last update was a year ago)