[APP][Pro] Kia and Hyundai

Besides creating a completely new account and resetting your nav unit, I’m out of suggestions. I asked around the dev community, and all is well in Europe for the other users (including myself)

Have you upgraded and linked your UVO account to a KIA account? After I linked those two together did the app work for me. After linking them I needed to use my KIA account to log into the KIA UVO app and my UVO account to log into the Honey UVO app.

1 Like

hi @Gruijter managed to get the app working well so far. have set up a flow to turn on the car’s A/C and defrost at 7:15am weekdays when the temp is below 15C. The A/C turns on without a hitch but two days in a row the defrost hasn’t come on. Any idea why this might be? could it be because I don’t have the car plugged in (i charge at work)?

I had the same thing once this week from the official UVO app. Can you test if that does work?

Here you go! Hope the data helps you

633b6a27-a7df-4477-ac98-20e4d3db9f37

Yes got some good data to look at this time. Will check tomorrow when I have some time left.

1 Like

New version v2.2.0 is pending approval in the app store.

• Added support for Kia Ceed ICE.
1 Like

I’m working on a new version that supports setting the charge limits on EV vehicles.

Secondly, I am thinking about removing EV stuff for non-EV vehicles to keep the user interface clean. Who is willing to temporarily share his/her non-EV vehicle with me so I can develop and test this?

@mvanlijden was kind enough to share is non-EV car with me so I could develop and test a significant app update.

v2.3.0

• Added charge limits
  • Remove EV-capabilities for ICE cars
  • Improved pairing error feedback
  • Improved car parked detection
  • Fixed HTTPS timeout.
  • Kuvork removed
  • Bluelinky@7.0.1

Please @all test it here and let me know if I can push it to stable release:

2 Likes

Seam to work good on my e-soul and niro PHEV

// Ted

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @Teddy !

I will wait some more to see if no issues arise.

And I’m already working on the next functionality: sending a route destination to the car’s navigation.

I might even be able to sync the ABRP route plan with that of the car. But I’m running into issues right now with the ABRP API. I’m in contact with them and hope to get an answer on why I cannot retrieve the ABRP plan via the API.

1 Like

That would be seriusly useful if you manage to get that to work:)

Im considering looking into learn making apps for homey. I have 2 Zappi chargers from Myenergi where i use their restapi to pull info into a node red dashboard but i would have liked a more direct integration into homey so i could combine your app and Tibbers and the chargers.

// Ted

1 Like

Runs flawlessly on my Kia Niro PHEV !

1 Like

It seems that the parked feature no longer works. Been out a few times today but not registered anywhere, and normally these flows do.

Ok, will look into that. Thx.

I think I solved the parking issue. Will test it before releasing.

Version 2.4.0 is waiting approval from Athom. You can already install it as test version.

• Added send Navigation destination to car.
  • Fixed car parked detection.
  • Other minor fixes.
  • Readme updated.

There is now a new flowcard available:

You can use a tag or free text, or [lat,lon] format, e.g.

• Amsterdam Stopera Parking
  • Downingstreet 10, london
  • 38.8976805,-77.0387185
1 Like

Hi Gruijter,

since installing the beta app, I can’t get a connection to my Kia again. A new login also ends with this error message.

Is the UVO app still working ok? If so try logout/login and/or changing your password from the UVO app. And did you already upgrade to the Kia account?

Yes, you can register using the Kia app. I changed my password in the app and tried again. Aborts on both of my Homeys with the same error message. Restarting Homey brought no improvement. Restarting the app the same thing. Vehicle deleted and trying to add a new one results in the error message posted above.