[APP][Pro] Kodi [2.6.0]

Would be great if you managed to update the app, @MarkS!

Thanks for investing the time and effort already!

Hi all,

Update from my side.

I’ve done some experimenting regarding re-writing the app. The old app is written in Javascript which I want to convert to TypeScript because it’s more reliable.

I really needed to understand some basic things first, regarding programming in TypeScript.

So far I’ve managed to:

• add Kodi as a device to Homey.
  • get the correct playing state
  • stop/resume playing with Homey app
  • manage the connection to Kodi (this was tricky, because if this is not handled in a proper way, the Kodi app on Homey will not come back online after shutting down Kodi or after losing connection to Kodi)

Next - start implementing some basic stuff like:

• what type of media is playing
  • Set artwork image
  • Create first flow cards like Kodi starts Playing, Pauzed, Resumed, Stopped

At the End of next week, I will be off for two weeks, but nevertheless, I have started to understand the basics and in combination with the old source code as a cheat sheet I hope to make some bigger steps after I’m back.

Regards,
Mark

7 Likes

This is great! Thanks @MarkS

Hey Mark,

if you need anything to test, I’m willing to help.
using a homey pro 23 and kodi on a sideloaded appletv.

so just let me know.
for me what i only use at kodi is just to set scene (only using start,stop,pauze triggers)

greets marco

following

I can’t wait to be able to control KODI through Homey. When will that happen?

Thank you very much for your time investing in this.

1 Like

when will be support for homey pro 2023?

3 Likes

Hi all,

I’ve need to put the development of the KODI app on hold. I have some private stuff I need to deal with first.

When I’m able to continue I will let you know.

4 Likes

Dear MarkS
Sorry to hear about your situation.
It sounds like you allready have made “all we need”. For me its: get the correct playing state from Kodi to Homey, and of cause the connection.

I hope it’s not to serious issues you are facing and hope you cope with it.
Good luck and thank you for trying.

2 Likes

Thx,

It’s true I can determine the correct playing state, etc.
But this is all in code (no flow cards yet)

Next steps are to create the flow-cards.
This is also the scope for the first release.

2 Likes

Thanks for update and clarification.
Take care.

Thanks mark. I hope you get things sorted out. In the meanwhile we have to wait.
and maybe someone comes along willing to invest the time and help you with the work to finish.

Thanks for the update, hope you sorting things up. Your work is appreciated.

Thanks @MarkS :+1:

@MarkS ,been patiently waiting. few more months is no problem .appreciate the work already

I’m happy to announce that I have continued the development of the app.

Right now I’m implementing the “when” flow cards related to the movie and shows, eg. starting, stopping, pausing and resuming.

maybe I will implement a few " then" and “and” cards also for the first version, but my goal is to get the app with a minimal amount of functionality in the store first.

please let me know your thoughts about this approach.

kind regards and I will keep you guys up-to-date in this topic.

4 Likes

Really great news :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

@MarkS, is there any reason you did not transfer the app to yourself yet ? You seems to have made significant progress so it would be a pity.

Great news. And thank you.
I am happy with a minimum solution to start with.
Most important for me is when I start, stop, pause the film, something does happen.

But I am crazy to get whatever we get, and take it from there.

I don’t know if this is possible. The app is pushed to my homey during development, but as soon as you terminate the dev environment it’s unavailable.

So yes I can make flows to test but they stop working when I shutdown the dev environment.

But I’ve got the old Kodi app running on my old Homey, which talks with my new Homey. It’s not urgent to get this working.