[APP][Pro] Kodi [2.6.0]

Since a few weeks I’m having some issue with this Kodi app.
I have four shield tv devices and with all of them I have connect issues. I did not change a thing but all of a sudden they could not connect anymore.
When I remove the device and add it again they are all found but again no connection (device unavailable)

What can I do or check to get connected again?

Thanks.

No one?
http port is 8080 and tcp port is 9090.

I am going to use this great app in a project to play movies with flows but I can see that the app is not updateded in 2 years. This might because it’s not maintained or that it works so great so no updates been needed :wink:
Will this app still be maintained?

May I also ask, while I’m here, what hardware are you using for your Kodi setup?

I used your app a lot but will you update it to sdk3? @Marvin_Schenkel

1 Like

Wondering this too!!

1 Like

Hi guys! Sorry for the late reply. I switched to home assistant a few years ago, so I am not using Homey anymore to automate my home. When I find some time, I will have a look to see if I can update the app to SDK3. But first… I got to find my Homey somewhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

That would be great, @Marvin_Schenkel!
Otherwise: would you be willing to transfer the app to another developer if you aren’t able to update and/or maintain it yourself?

1 Like

Hey Henk! I would definitely be willing to transfer the app. Do you know anyone who would want to upgrade and maintain this app?

Perhaps @Arie_J_Godschalk, who has offered this in another thread.
But I know his list is already long… :slight_smile:
He’s doing a great job for the community!

But perhaps there are other developers too who are willing…

It’s on my list indeed, but not very high: i don’t have any Kodi devices.
I first take on Apps that either require no device at all or i have at least one device for.
Else i wouldn’t know how to manage developement in a serious way.

1 Like

Totally understand it, @Arie_J_Godschalk!
Already appreciate how much you’ve done already!

Perhaps @Marvin_Schenkel finds some time (I"d be happy to buy you a few beers, hopefully a few more users will) or another developer can step in.
I understand updating to SDK v3 is one thing, maintaining it without actually having a device yourself is another.

is anybody working on this yet ? . would be much appreciated

I also would like to have a Kodi app for Homey Pro Early 2023. And I’m willing to pay for it.

I’m willing to donate as well for a dev to get this working again!

@Arie_J_Godschalk and @Marvin_Schenkel, is there any progress regarding the update of Kodi to SDK3?

I mean in terms of planning for example, when you plan to start eg.
If you guys have no idea when you have any time to update the app to SDK v3, I think I will give it a shot to update it myself.

I’ve never created an app for Homey before and stopped working as a developer for over more than 10 years ago, but I will give it a try. Understanding code and learning a new syntax isn’t that hard, it only takes some time.

2 Likes

There is currently no planned SDK3 support from my side I completely switched to Home Assistant and do not even own a Homey anymore so sadly I won’t be working on SDK3 support. However, the code of the current is fully open source and I will happily transfer ownership of this app to @MarkS. Happy to give you permission to my repository or you can fork the repository yourself.

1 Like

I hope you manage to make an app MarkS
I have never coded, and tried to find work around, but I do not find any that looks like it will work.
I am eager to try your version.

Thanks for sharing, I already found the source code.

In the upcoming days, I will take a look at it.

1 Like

I will give it a try.

I’ve planned a two-week holiday at the end of October, so don’t expect anything before that date I guess.
I’ve I can manage to release something before then there will be a non-support window of at least two weeks.

I will keep using this thread for updates because it’s referred to from the kodi homey.app page.

3 Likes

I wish you a great holliday, and hope you, manage to make a new app.
If you need help on testing, i use Kodi on Windows 10, and I will love to help testing.