[APP][Pro] Magic Home LED

Instructions can be found here: [HOW TO] CLI install method

And you need to use the command athom app run. It will then show some information on the command line when trying to pair a bulb.

I have don what asking for. On the command line i get a lot of ip adresses, mac adresses and the names ā€œAK001-ZJ200ā€ when a instal the bulb on my homey

He added the bulp but can not change dim level or color. only on/work as long i not try to change dim level or color.

Hmm, too bad. Donā€™t know how to fix it then. There is something wrong with the library Iā€™m using or with the way I have implemented it for the controller. But canā€™t really test it though.

Thanx for testing anyway.

Thanx for your replay.

Maybe this is interesting?

Itā€™s no problem as it is impossible to fix it by the way, as i say before, for the ledstrips the app is great and i am happy with that :slight_smile:

Iā€™m now playing a bit with the bulbs but i have to say that the colorā€™s not very nice so ik think iā€™m not going to use the lights into the future.

Since the latest update i do have big problems with homey and the magic Controller! It does Not work properly in my Flow! I am able to install the Controller but the connection fails every time! What can i do?

You could try running the app from the command line and see what the actual error is why it goes offline. You can find out how to do that here: [HOW TO] CLI install method

Hello everyone. I have some lighting that is controlled with the Magic Home app. however, since today, Homey cannot find them anymore and I cannot reinstall them either. When I search for the lighting with Homey, I always get the following message: ā€œNo new devices were foundā€. Can someone tell me what to do with this?
Thanks in advance.

Well, I think that question has been answered now ā€¦ :slight_smile:

Have you tried these steps:

• Remove all the Magic Home devices from Homey,
  • Restart the Magic Home app
  • Set the IP address to static in your router for your Magic Home lights
  • Try and add them again

Hartelijk dank voor uw reactie!! Het opnieuw installeren en onmiddellijk daarna Herstart app doen heeft het probleem verholpen! :rofl::rofl::smiley::smiley:.
Dank U wel.

Hi Phuturist,

Would you be able to add support for this RGB-CCT controller? Works fine in the non-Homey Magic Home app, but cannot change colors in your Homey app (switching on/off does work) :slightly_frowning_face:

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/29prwJZuP

1 Like

Not sure. Do you know how to run the app from the command line? I could create a test version that would give me more info on the device and I could see if I can get it to work.

You mean CLI? Havenā€™t done it before, but I have some Raspbian command line experience so I guess I can manage :muscle:t2:

Otherwise, I could also donate one to you, theyā€™re really cheap!

Whatever you fancy. I cant give any garantees though as support for Magic Home devices is reversed engineered and depends on an external library. It may just not work for all devices.

Sure, but isnā€™t that the fun in it all? If you point me to your test version, I will try to give it a go this evening.

@PascalB I have created a debug version with different pairing parameters. You can check it out in the debug branch below. I edited quick and dirty in the main driver. If you have other Magic Home controllers that work fine they may not work with this debug version. If after testing the issue is resolved I need to update the app. After testing you can just install the app store version again.

I (think I) installed your debug app through CLI. It is giving me time-outs after I try to change colors. Only way to get the controller to turn on/off again is by removing and adding the device. So, kinda worse than the normal app :shushing_face:

I have changed something, could you redownload and try again. If this does not work I do not see any way of adding support for this controller.

Nope, same problem. Reverted back to normal app :slightly_frowning_face:

Not much I can do than, sorry.