[APP][Pro] Magic Home LED

No worries, thanks for trying. Gonna try my luck with a Gledopto Zigbee RGB CCT controller.

I installed 3 controllers this week and had no problems adding them to Homey (and they showed up in Google Home after that).
Today I noticed the Homey-app shows them with a red triangle. When I try to turn them on by tapping the tile I get a ā€˜something went wrongā€™ error.
Butā€¦ when I tell Google to turn them on this works without any problems (so Homey can control them since Google controls them through Homey) AND the tile changes to show itā€™s turned on.
Even weirder, when I use the ā€˜chatā€™ function in the Homey app and type ā€˜turn onā€™, it also works without problems!?

Anything I can check? I can do some CLI troubleshooting if you want.

Me again, having an issue with a ā€œnormalā€ RGBW IR controller (so not a RGB-CCT version).

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/K0LRsJrCX

I canā€™t seem to activate or set the white channel. Not in the device screen, nor in flows, although there is a double color selector and in flows I can set Hue and saturation. The Magic Home app is working just fine.

So I might have found somethingā€¦ or it might have just been me not getting it all this time. I couldnā€™t figure out how to change the white channel in the RGBW Magic Home controller in flows. So I decided to try a Shelly RGBW2 controller, and same problem. But after a while and a lot of just trying stuff out, I did manage to change the white channel in flows:

• RGB channels work just fine like you would expect them too when picking a color
  • Brightness controls these channels / color
  • Setting the brightness to 0 disables the RGB channels

But here it comesā€¦

• Temperature controls the white channel
  • 0% temperature turns the white channel all the way up, and vice versa 100% disables the white channel :face_with_monocle:
  • This is also true for the Magic Home controller, might even be something Homey-wide then?

I have to say that I still donā€™t get what hue and saturation do as flow cards, but the temperature setting I completely overlooked. Again, probably it was just my ignorance, but still felt I had to post this here.

Hi there, I am using this controller and app since a couple of days.
I encountered 2 problems.

1. I wasnā€™t able to connect the RGB Controller (without IR) to a WiFi of my Fritzbox 7490 even I had turned of the 5GHz and only using 2.4GHz WiFi. The same controller works with an older TP-Link router. But a RGB controller with IR worked well in the same Fritzbox 7490 environment.
    Q: Is this a know issue and how can I connect to a Fritzbox 7490 WiFi?

2. I have discovered that I can not adjust the color settings very granular by using the app. If I want to define a mix color with red and green I set red to 255 but the lowest green setting I can achiev is 23.
    Q: If the display adjustments canā€™t be more persise, is there a way to manually edit the saved settings for mixed colors?

Thx in advance.

Hi. I need you help. Maybe you have factory firmware for magic home rgb?

My rgbw is connected to my iot wifi (same wifi as homey). I can see it in magic home app and can control it. However, this homey app timeout when I trying to find the rgbw module on the network.

Any suggestion?

Submit a feature request in the GitHub repo for being able to manual add devices. The mDNS broadcast that is used for discovery does not hop between networks and therefore will not find your device.

mDNS does not hop between network and i am okay with that. Still, my homey and my led controller are one the same network

Hmmm, then I do not know what could be causing it.

@Phuturist
Do you know if this app will support lamps from Offdarks? They use the magic home app, and so I would imagine that they use the same led-controller, but I am not sure.

Here is an example of one of their lamps:

Nope, donā€™t know. Only one way to find out.

Ok, Thank you. Doesnā€™t cost alot, so Iā€™ll Order one and weā€™ll see. I will let you know.

Maybe this will help reverse engineer : https://github.com/topics/magic-home
I too would like to see support for the rgb-cct device: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/29prwJZuP :grin:

PS: Iā€™m not a coder

You are better off requesting this in the library I use in my app.

I am having this exact issue. Restarting the MagicHome app in Homey fixes it but about 30 minutes later it loses connection again

When this happens, could you check and see if the Magic Home is online in your router.

I als have this problem.
I think it has someting to do with connection lost of the wifi.
I have 3 controllers and 2 of them works flowless (inside my house and good wifi).
1 in the backyard does not.
If i open the magic home led app it always works.
Now i know that the wifi is not good in my backyad.
It looks like the app inside Homey doesnā€™t reconnect correctly.

That is actually helpful, I was already wondering about that. Might try with a wifi extender

@Phuturist
Hi. Hope you can help.
I have added a lamp with RGBWW capabilities. It ads to homey just fine, but the controlls are a bit off. First of all the cold white does not work at all, but after some research it seems this is not yet supported or enabled? I can live with only the warm white.
Next problem is that dimming only works with rgb. If I try to dim warm white, it switches to the last set rgb color. Seems that the different white temperatures displayed in the homey app actualy controls the warm white dim-level.
I can controll the lamp through node via jangxxā€™s app.
Is there anything you can do to make this work smoother?

From node (cold white turned on through original magic-home app):
{
ā€œtypeā€: 53,
ā€œonā€: true,
ā€œmodeā€: ā€œcolorā€,
ā€œpatternā€: null,
ā€œspeedā€: 86.66666666666667,
ā€œcolorā€: {
ā€œredā€: 0,
ā€œgreenā€: 0,
ā€œblueā€: 0
},
ā€œwarm_whiteā€: 0,
ā€œcold_whiteā€: 2
}

Edit: Iā€™m using Homey V5 and the 3.0.0 beta version of the app.

Thank you for the app! It is great.