[APP][Pro] Mill WiFi Heaters

I can’t seem to get this working properly.
I uninstall the app, and reinstall (v1.0.6), then i add my four heaters, they are all in separate rooms. It all works fine. I can controll them manualy and in flows.
Then over a periode of 1-4 days i lose controll over them one by one. They stop reporting the temperature to Homey, freezing on the last known temperature or 0.0, and I can no longer controll them in any way. This has happened three times now.
Any suggestions?

Hi,

sorry to hear you’re having problems. It seems there’s been some problems with connecting to the Mill APIs a few days ago, I don’t know if that is related.

Are you able to turn on the debug logging in the app and PM me any errors or exceptions?

Thanks,

Glenn

Hi,

thanks for the logs, very helpful indeed!

I’ve submitted a new version for test now (v.1.0.7). Please install and see if it helps. Logs would be very helpful as well if you’re still experiencing problems.

Beta version:
https://homey.app/a/com.mill/test/

-Glenn

Installed v1.0.7 now. Works fine for now. wil keep you updatet. Thanks a lot!

Update: Still working as it should after 3 days.

@glennsp
I spoke too soon.
One of my four heaters have now stopped reporting correct temperature as it constantly reports 10.0*C to homey. I can no longer control multiple heaters simultaniusly through flows, but i can control them manualy one by one. The Mill app shows correct temperature for all heaters.

@glennsp : Would it be possible to add a feature so the thermostat mode can be set to a stored property (tag) value? Today it’s only possible to pick a value from the dropdown (program, comfort, sleep, away, off).

I have flows where I change the thermostat mode to comfort, night, and away, based on time of day. I also have a door sensor that sets the thermostat mode to off if open. When the door is closed again, I need to set the thermostat mode back to the correct value. The correct value might have changed if the door was open during the switch between day/night/away mode. I would like the flow that sets the thermostat mode when the door closes to set it based on a value from a property (tag), and then other flows can handle the logic of actually setting the value correctly.

I control my Mill WiFi heaters from Tibber, which controls them directly without going through Homey. Tibber takes total control of the heaters, and they even get marked with the Tibber logo in the Mill app. In addition I have the heaters added in Homey, and also Tibber added to Homey.

From Homey via Prometheus I can read the power consumption (homey_device_measure_power) and the room temperature (homey_device_measure_temperature). But the target temperature (homey_device_target_temperature) shows the value set by the selected Mill program, not the target temperature set by Tibber.

Is it technically possible for Homey (and Prometheus) to read the target temperature of the oven as set by Tibber?

1 Like

Hi, @glennsp thanks for the app, which has (mostly) been working good for me so far. However, after seeing some inconsistencies between readings in the Mill Homey app, official Mill iOS app and Tibber, I tried (among other things) to remove the Mill devices from Homey - and now it’s not possible to add them back! When I try adding them, I get “No new devices found” (Ingen nye enheter har blitt funnet.), so I suspect there might be some IDs or something that have been persisted which tricks the app into thinking the devices are still there. Tried different things to solve it: Re-installing the app, restarting homey, signing in with a new “dummy” mill account and then the proper account, removing and re-adding the devices in the official mill app etc - but nothing helps. Any advice?

In case someone else has the same issue: The problem was not setting up any Rooms in the Mill app, which is seems the Mill Homey relies on.

Hi all,
It seems that there’s still no support for the Mill Wifi Socket. Is it possible to get that? Please?

Hi,
Had two mill ovens. Added them to the mill official app and to Homey through the mill app in honey. Everything worked fine.

Bought two more Mills and added them to the mills official app. They do not appear in the homey app. The settings on the mill app in homey is set to automatic updates. Why is this? How do I get the new Mills into homey?

@glennsp or anyone.
Sorry if this is blatantly obvious, or been covered already:
But is there a way to be notified when the ovens go offline…before you sit there shivering in your living room I mean :wink:

Hi,

I’m having trouble adding my AV600WIFI. The device is not found when I try to add it. Any tips?

@Oleee93 Assign your heater to a room in the Mill app, that should do the trick :slightly_smiling_face:

Great! That worked :slight_smile: Thank you.

1 Like

Hi all,

I’ve used the app for one year now. Mostly stable and working great. This morning however, the homey app won’t change the termostat temperatur. I can turn off and on the heaters, but cannot change temperatur. This works fine in the native mill app for ios.

I have many different mill heats and the error applies to all of them.

I’ve rebootet the homey, and the mill app within homey, but still no success. Any ideas about what could be wrong or what I could do?

2 Likes

I have the same problem, so i guess it must be a issue with the mill api

@glennsp is this something you could look into? Much appreciated.

Same problem here from this morning with changing temperatures. Working great for many months prior to this. Thank you glennsp for a very useful app!