[APP][Pro] Netgear Router - Network control, Presence detection, Energy monitoring

that is weird. Remote management has no effect on Homey login. Are there non-standard characters in the password? Maybe changing the password helps. If the problem persists, please create an issue on Github.

I will try and change my password, thanks for your fast responses!

I got it working after changing the password! You may not use a “!” sign. Again thanks for your help @Gruijter

Ah, ok. Good to know! I will check to see if can fix anything for non-standard characters. :thinking:

@Gruijter wich firmware version are you running on the r7000? Mine doesnt want to work with your app, and if it decides to work it does so for a day or two😩 the stupid thing is that before homey v3 it worked flawlessly.

Using latest firmware. I’m using these settings not to stress out the router.

Do a ptp after changing the settings.

Hi Robin,

So I added my phone and my wife’s phone as individual devices. But I’m somehow when we leave the house it says we are still connected. I played with the settings a little bit to see if it improves but no luck.

If I login the Orbi and refresh the device list, it will change the status, but it should do that automatically. Any idea what to do?

Grt
Fred

Hi Fred,

I dont have an Orbi myself, and I cannot reproduce your issue. Maybe someone in this forum with an orbi can help ?

Does it help to change the way he gets the list from old to new?

you can always try :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve set the setting to “new” and now it works again! Thx!

1 Like

Strange bahaviour…

My main router is a Netgear R7000, which is added to Homey. I have added devices in the App; 3 phones and some tv’s in order to monitor presence / activity. Works great!

In the attic I have setup an extra router to act as access point in order to extend the wifi coverage. This works (dhcp and NAT switched off, no problem here). Devices connected to the accespoint show up as ‘wired’ in the R7000. This is normal behaviour.

Today I was in the attic - my phone was connected to the attic router - and I was reported as being ‘away’. My phone was not seen as connected in Homey / Netgear App but I indeed was connected to the access point and had wireless signal. I checked the attached devices in the ‘attic router’; I was connected / the phones MAC was present. I checked the setting in the R7000 router; my phone (with correct MAC) was seen as connected.

In the Neatgear App i changed the advanced login setting from ‘old’ to ‘auto’. That did not get me connected.

What could cause this strange behaviour?

Netgear firmware sometimes hangs on the soap interface. Can you send me an app log? After doing so you can try to ptp the r7000 and see if it is fixed.

1 Like

Log send via PM!

Thanks!

I had the same issue with the recent release with my Orbi. But for me it seems to have been fixed by setting it to old :thinking:
Need to monitor this behavior. I also use this feature as my presence system.

@Gruijter thanks for this amazing app, I was really pleased to learn I could add those connected devices as device to my homey and monitor power and presence that way. Great idea!

1 Like

Version 3.0.9 is waiting approval in the appstore. It fixes some flowcards, and adds new condition flowcards for attached devices.

If you cannot wait for the appstore release, get it here already:

That was fast! The new version was already released this morning. :+1:

1 Like

Love the new condition workflow cards :slight_smile: made some flows a bit smarter already :muscle:

1 Like

New version got released today. It has some more error detection for faulty devicelist captures. If you see a lot of ‘devicelist returned empty’ in the app logs, you should do a PTP of the router.

v3.1.0 2020.03.29 Netgear package 4.0.3. Added empty devicelist check.

1 Like

There is an issue with the ‘New router firmware available’ flow trigger. It keeps triggering every few seconds even though my firmware is up to date.
I have added a notification card to the Then section that shows the current, new and info tags and my timeline just fills up with notifications.