[App][Pro] Onkyo Receiver

Its is indead designed this way by athom:-(.

In test https://homey.app/a/com.onkyo/test/ version 3.2.8 and in certification by Athom.
FIx for zone2 and zone3 that stays available but most inportant fix for Pioneer receivers.

Let me know if there (still) are problems.
Thanks all for waiting.

tested 3.2.8: I can succesfully connect to my Pioneer set (on the standard Onkyo) port so thumbs up for that.
Only thing I can’t do is connect to Spotify Connect. Will try tomorrow after updating my receiver.

@Sven1971, great to hear, Don’t kow what you mean by “can’t connect to spotify” but my app doesn;t do anything with spotify. So as you suggested maybe it has something to do with the receiver

I know from another user (@Martijn_Hoogenbosch with a Onkyo receiver) it does work.
So thru Spotify select receiver, receiver will go ON and plays spotify.
In my app, receiver gets status ON(main zone) and input change to NET.

@Mickel_Luiten Can I make use of a wildcard for receiving custom commands and using what is matched by the wildcard in a variable?

For example receive main.listening-mode=* and have the new selector in a variable?

I just found the tag containing the current selector, that is just not all that I can query from my receiver, there is so much more.

At this moment you can’t.
Also i missing why this will be usedull?
Can you explain why?

I like to change things back when my little child messes with the receiver, but would rather not write too many flows for that. It would basically allow me to check, something changed and it’s not what I want it to be, so reset it.

@Mickel_Luiten

Previously when I came home the Onkyo would automatically power ON and automatically selects an input (for example NET). On the NET input I always had a internet radio stream active so that I had music when I enter the front door.

Now Vtuner had stopped working on the Onkyo (due to finance issues or whatever… Not your fault :grin:) However, now I need to set it up in a different way but can’t figure out how.

I have deleted the old app and installed all Onkyo cards.

So, my best bet was just listen to ordinary FM radio (input = FM). But when I am trying to setup a flow:

IF - me entering front door
AND -
THEN -
Start MAIN zone
set volume MAIN zone to 700% (why is it in percentage??)

But I am not able to select an INPUT channel anymore.

I am aware that I can give MAINZONE (as device) an INPUT channel (FM) but when someone had chosen a different input (GAME for example) and the Onkyo powers on again when I enter the front door the flow doesn’t switch back to (FM) as how I set it up

Any thoughts on this?

looks a bit LOUD isn’t it?

@JPe4619 @Mickel_Luiten

@Mickel_Luiten

:white_check_mark: Fixed my above question.
:woozy_face: Why is the volume in %?

The “set volume to” action (then) is a standard flowaction that cames with capabilty (volume_set)
Don;t now why this is in percent and can set from 0% to 3000%.

The volume_set slider maximum is set by maximum volume settings and its from 0-100 (or with the 0.5 settings from 0-200)
Also the token is a normal number.

WIll check this if i can be solved…
For now i suggest using the custom command flow and set the volume : main.volume=

After 10 times reading you last post :slight_smile: i see your point but a wildcard isn’t the right way.

Let me check if possible to make a token where the incoming argument is placed.
After that you can do some compare with the logiic app. an do a action in 1 flow?

Will this works for you?

@Mickel_Luiten
I suppose we’d get a trigger, xxx-changed with a token containing the new value?
Yes, that will most definitely work. Will that work for more variables, such as selector, volume, listening-mode, tone-front (bass and treble)?

@Some1, yes every received command will be placed on the token. so any variable such as selector, volume etc will work :slight_smile:
i have a working version(not in test yet) and did the following.

FIRST STEP

• Created a virtual device as on/off button.
  • Created a flow.
  • Flow is WHEN button turned on
  • THEN
    Enable second flow
    Send query

SECOND STEP.

• Created a second flow(by default disable this)
  • Flow is WHEN (onkyo) receive a custom command Nomore command to fill in on this
  • AND Received-Command(token) ISNOT main.muting=off (by the BetterLogic app)
    -THEN
    Do action
    Turn off virtual button
    Disable flow

The enable / disable flow is there because every incoming command will go to the second flow(when enebaled) and with the ISNOT function will always triggers. the THEN

this is one way… you also can copy the Received-Command(token) to a variable and do a compare what is the variable and what is expected.

Are above examples the way you how it works for you?

2 Likes

@Mickel_Luiten
Almost, this flow is trigered by homey, while in the perfect world an action on the receiver should be the trigger and allow the query command to be a backup.

Perfect would be to split the received command in two tokens. Seperated by the = sign. So main.selector=video6 command would result in an receivedCommandToken = main.selector and receivedValueToken = video6.

Then you would not need to do the first step and no need to disable the flow, as you can require the first token to match and the second to not match.

you could split on the first = found, and if no = is found set the second token to empty string to prevent errors.

@Pieter_Pessers, version 3.3.0 will be live in any days.
Here you can build you own custom set of "and/or " cards,

Let me show you a example.

1. create a logic variable like : Mute.
  2. create the flow

On the flowtrigger “Receive a custom command” your getting 2 tokens.

First token(Received-Command) is the zone.command, e.g. main.muting or zone1.volume.
Second toke(Received-Argument) is the argument e,.g. on/off or 22.

Action part is to save the argument in the variable if received command is e.g. main,muting.

With a second flow you can do anything with the variable.

@Some1

Version 3.3.0 will be live any days, or found in test https://homey.app/a/com.onkyo/test/

As suggested spilt op the incoming command and put it on 2 tokens.

There are also 2 global tokens that will always be updated by incoming event from receiver.
Global Received-Command and Global Received-Argument.
So if you don;t know the incoming event just check out those 2 tokens.

1 Like

@Jackass, version 3.3.0. will be live in any days.

volumeset on the actions card is now normal (0 - maxvolume)
The % i can’t remove , its something from Athon ( same cardconfigs as for lights)

1 Like

This is absolutely awesome, thanks!