[App][Pro] Onkyo Receiver

@Brochmann,. Did you read the first post of this topic.
I guess that the app was automatic updated?.
But because of the rewrite the update wiill not work correcly…
So do a deinstall,. Install do the settings and try again please.

Hi Mickel,

First of all, thanks for making this app. Really appreciate the effort you spend on it.
Today my app also updated automatically and broke down. Not a big deal, but after reconfiguring, I am missing features compared to the previous app and I am facing some bugs.

• I cannot select a listening mode anymore. The main use of this app for me was to set my receiver to Whole House Mode because there is no button for it on the Onkyo remote. If have tried sending custom commands, but neither main.LMD=1F or zone2.LMD=1F works. Do you have any solution for this?
  • I have set the maximum volume to 80 in the app, but if I slide the volume all the way up, the max is 40.
  • Zone 2 is a separate device now, but it fails to connect. Main zone works.
  • I have two Onkyo receivers. However, in the app I can only add one IP. How do I add my second one?

For your info, I tested this new app with an Onkyo TX-RZ840.

The old app worked completely fine for me, so what was the reason to do a rewrite? Any advantages?

How do channels in flow change now? using custom command ?! Can you show a screen with your flow? why could not you call the app onkyo 2.0? Auto update does not mean auto breakdown of everything, right? This is the second unsuccessful application update.

Great app. But compared to the old app i miss the flowcard:“mute” in the flowcard conditions. I mean the in the flow by “and (en)”.

@Tycho,
I cannot select a listening mode anymore. The main use of this app for me was to set my receiver to Whole House Mode because there is no button for it on the Onkyo remote. If have tried sending custom commands, but neither main.LMD=1F or zone2.LMD=1F works. Do you have any solution for this?

The custom command string for listenmode is : eg. main.listening-mode-stereo. or zone2.listening-mode=all-ch-stereo.
Use the names according to https://github.com/mickelluiten/com.onkyoreceiver/blob/master/eiscp-commands-info.txt

I have set the maximum volume to 80 in the app, but if I slide the volume all the way up, the max is 40.
Set the setting Receiver Volume Step to 0.5. You have an type of receiver that does 0.5 steps on the receiver instead of normal1

Zone 2 is a separate device now, but it fails to connect. Main zone works.
Have seen that after another test, its a bug need to check the code for that

I have two Onkyo receivers. However, in the app I can only add one IP. How do I add my second one?
For now not possible with this version, only way to add a seconde receiver is to download the app from my gIt , change the ID in app.json and manual install it with the cli.

@Pieter_Pessers, Most of the flows are de default flow that homey create with de default capabilty.
But for the capabilty volume_mute homey doesn;t create an condition flow.
WIll look in to that, have to set some priorities ( zone2,zone3 bug and some Pioneer receivers)

1 Like

@gennady, what do you mean by channels?

You can find al possible commands on https://github.com/mickelluiten/com.onkyoreceiver/blob/master/eiscp-commands-info.txt

Sorry to all where the app doesn’t work anymore or not as expected.
Do to the autoupdate feature, the app is automaticly updated with futher notice…and beacuse of the rewrite.the app shall not work correcly.
So please read the first post in this topic.

The “old” app was develop by @Jorden, credits for Jorden but i does not own a onkyo anymore so i took over the development.
The old app was a bit buggy like timeouts and that was 1 of the reasons for the rewrite.

So be patient all , if you run to any problems please let me know if will look in to that.

1 Like

Hi @Mickel_Luiten

Ik heb je instructies gevolgd. Devices verwijderd. App verwijderd. Homey zelfs opnieuw opgestart. Receiver ptp. Maar na herinstalleren blijft de melding: ‘dit apparaat is tijdelijk niet beschikbaar’. In de receiver staat de optie netwerk stand-by aan.

Wat kan ik nu nog doen?

Grtz

@Rene_vK, keep it in english please,

I;m currently solving 2 issue’s.

1. Zone2 and Zone 3 are not properly initialized . just made the fix and testing this now.
  2. Pioneer receivers connection. seems to be that the pioneer using a different port than the Onkyo receiver. Looking now for the best solution for this issue.

Hopefully this evening both issue’s are fixed.
Keep tracking this topic, will post a message

In english is fine. I didn’t set up zone 2 and 3. Both on the receiver and in the app.

My receiver is a pioneer VSX-1131. That might explain why it isn’t working. In the pioneer app the port is called 60128. Maybe you can use that info.

Just put version 3.2.5 to test , you can install them by https://homey.app/a/com.onkyo/test/

2 fixed made.

1. Zone2 and ZOne3 devicecards are no properly initialized
  2. Add a extra setting for portnumber, seems that some other receivers (Pioneer) using 8102 or 23 instead of onkyo port 60128.

If the port or Ip adress are fault or no correct connection the devicecard giving the red exclamation mark.
The settings can be change onthefly, no need to delete and add an device card again.
Be sure to add the Main zone this is mandtory for the connection to the receiver.

Thanks for your reply! The command ‘main.listening-mode=whole-house’ did the trick. I misunderstood the hint that was given while making a flow.

By changing the Volume Step to 0.5, the volume slider now works correctly as well.

I see that you are working on a fix for zone 2, but I found that with the custom commands, it works already.

So for me everything is solved. Thanks!

@Tycho, great to here,. Fix for zone2 and 3 is already In place.
Its in test now , you van install him thru homey app test, see link in previous post

Tested on Pioneer VSX-S520D. Didn’t work. Telnet test: it uses Onkyo port 60128, so suggested ports for Pioneer don’t work at all.
After selecting port 60128 I can add Main, Zone 2 and Zone 3. After that the devices in Homey all freeze after a split second. All devices ‘currently not available’. But the Telnet session keeps spitting data so that can’t be the (real) case.

Thanks for testing,. Out of ideas for now.
Hard to test for me whithout a Pioneer because on Onkyo the app works.
There is no difference in the protocol (eispc) used in the old app or the new…

Let me think about this issue and come back ASAP.

@Sven1971, version 3.2.6 is in test, would be helpful if you can ruun it for me and after that send me a diagnosticlog from the app.
I build some extra debugging ( reading the raw hex that the receiver send and receive) and hopelfully i can see what the problem is.

Hi @Mickel_Luiten

When I hit this ‘+’ our cat is in the curtains as the volume directly goes to max. (75!) instead of +1 or +0.5

Is it possible to change that?

I think that is by design by athom since it’s the same functionality regarding of if it’s a dimmer, chromecast ect.

So time for a redesign?! #UX #UI