[APP][Pro] Philips Hue Zigbee (Without the bridge)

Jeroen,

. Try to include the sensors or other battery driven ones as close as possible to the router were it is located, so not directly to homey.

Pim

Hi Pim,

thanks for the suggestions, iā€™ve decided to reset my zigbee network. Took some time but now everything is working again

Hi! Just got a Hue Lightstrip Plus (V4 I believe). But I canā€™t add it correctly to Homey. Iā€™ve tried two times with a reset before the last one. (4 rapid unplugs).
It is added as a ā€œbasic z-deviceā€ and I can turn it on/off, but I canā€™t connect the rest.

Anyone know what Iā€™m doing wrong?

Edit: Actually, I could only turn it off, now I canā€™t turn it back on.

Hi @DIYglenn, I guess you are running firmware 4, if so I am unable to help. The device is supported by the app for firmware 5.

When you use this app. Can you still use the ambilight functions with the phillips tv? Or do you need the bridge

So how do I upgrade the firmware? Itā€™s brand new in a store that just started taking them in.

Oh, sorry - did you mean the Homey OS? If they have finally done something to fix Zigbee issues I donā€™t mind going experimental.
My Aqara devices keep losing connection. Seems like when I add a new device, the first one falls out, and itā€™s all an endless circle :sweat_smile:

Currently updating to 5.

Immediately worked with Homey 5 experimental.
Thanks!
Btw, can I ā€œupgradeā€ to a newer non-experimental in the future, or will I now always be in experimental until reinstall?

Best ask those questions before u ā€œupgradeā€ next time.

Sure, I guess Iā€™m used to it like f.ex Apple - When the full release is out, you can opt out of beta and upgrade to full instead.

I guess I could just export my settings, reinstall, then import again or something if I need to go back.

It was the only way to make the device work anyways, so not much of a choice.

Yes you can, it works like apple.

1 Like

Info from Athom regarding connection/pair issues.

3 Likes

Is that info from Facebook?

@Max_Menther, Info from Athomā€™s Slack Channel.

1 Like

Could you explain how this would work? Disabling experimental without reinstalling? (I do understand that 5.0 stable has to be available first of course)

Hi @DIYglenn, no problem! :smiley: You just disable auto updates and choose to stay on next stable release. I think Athom made a change so that we can now also stop using experimental on next stable but I will have to check that statement.

Thanks! Just disabled auto-updates. It would be nice if they did, because it definitely makes sense, rather than having to reconfigure the whole device. As long as your not down-grading, I donā€™t see the problem.

You can turn off experimental updates. But if you are currently on an experimental you have to wait until a stable in the same branch. Reverting back to stable eg from 5 back to 4.2 is hard.

Sure, but how do I turn off experimental updates? The FAQ says the following:

Note: this procedure will only work on a computer

To stop receiving experimental updates, set Homey in Factory Reset Mode and (re)link your Homey to your Wi-Fi.

After connecting to your Wi-Fi, Homey will check for updates. On this screen, press ALT on your keyboard.

Click on the newly appeared option Revert to stable channel and install the updates.

Warning: your user data will be lost!

I would rather not factory reset it just to disable experimental updatesā€¦