[APP][Pro] Philips Hue Zigbee (Without the bridge)

I believe the option in developer page does exactly this. But you will not go to stable. So either wait for stable v5 or factory reset

@johan_bendz Hi, i changed the parameter about lux reporting (PIR,min:10,max:60). But without movement the new brightnees value will not be updated in homey. Also after 5min it will be updated.is this a limitation? regards

Hello Johan,

When do you think the g125 bulb will be added to the philips hue app?

Best regards,
Floris

Hi @Floris_van_Drunen, itā€™s already added :smiley:
https://homey.app/en-us/app/com.philips.hue.zigbee/Philips-Hue-ZigBee/test/

1 Like

Hello Johan,

Thanks for your answer.
How do I install this test app?
When trying to install this app on my homey, I receive the error:
"Er is een onbekende fout opgetreden [incompatible_app_version]

Hi @Floris_van_Drunen, as Roy says it only works on experimental Homey firmwave 5.
I am unable to add anything to the old version of the app that supports older firmwares.
Soā€¦ you will have to wait for firmware 5 to get stable or take a leap of fait and install it right now :wink:

I have an issue with Hue Dimmer on V5, RC38, app Version 2.0.12
The dimmer stops responding after a while.
Reconnecting (without deleting) doesnā€™t work. I have to remove it from Homey and add it again.

It seems, that the drop of the connection is caused by the Off Button, since the light flashes green/red quite often when I press the Off button.
Can you get something out of the crash logs?

Device request:
I see there is support for Adore LTW017, but I donā€™t see support for the other Adore models of similar type, like this one: https://www.philips-hue.com/nl-nl/p/hue-white-ambiance-adore-verlichte-badkamerspiegel/3418331P6

These are the model numbers I could extract from the Hue home page:
34028/31/P7; 915005739301 (42,4 cm)
34183/31/P6; 915005920101 (42,4 cm, Bluetooth)
34029/31/P7; 915005739201 (67,5 cm)
34182/31/P6; 915005920001 (67,5 cm, Bluetooth)

I donā€™t take the risk of buying any of these before I know there is support in Homey, so I canā€™t provide any zigbee ID. Iā€™m crossing my fingers that someone will provide the necessary information to the app developer!

Hi @Max_Menther, sorry to say all I can see in the logs is what is working. I see no loss of communication and no errors. Iā€™d say this is a Homey Zigbee issue and not a app one but Iā€™ll keep looking for solutions as several users have reported this behavior for different battery powered devices.

Well it will work in Homey, but if itā€™s not known in the Philips Hue Zigbee app, then the light will be added as a generic/unknown zigbee device in Homey and you are only able to turn on/off the light, so no brightness level or color change support. However you do have those functions with the Philips Hue BT app (on your phone, no Hue Bridge required). So once you have the preferred light levels set, then Homey can turn it off/on and your preferred light setting will show up:

To get full support in Homey, someone (you) have to provide the product/device/profile ID to the developer, so the device can be properly added to the Philips Hue Zigbee app. And @johan_bend is pretty fast with adding new devices. The only problem is that the new device will be added to the latest (test) app version and this one is only compatible with V5, so you need to switch to experimental or wait for Homey V5 official release.

Someone have to buy it, to get the proper device support in Homey. So or you are the one who help others or you wait till someone buy it and helps you :wink:

1 Like

Tks for reply @johan_bendz
I noticed, that PtP helps, when the Hue Dimmer stops reacting.

Thank you for your reply! Because of your description I wonā€™t be afraid to buy that lamp without full support from day one, but it will probably not happen until 2021 anyhow.

1 Like

Hi @johan_bendz.
Iā€™m on homey v5 rc38, hue zigbee app v2.0.12.
The hue outdoor motion sensor, itā€™s added and working, however when it detects presence it triggers the alarm sign on the tille of the device, but only for 1 or 2 seconds then it goes off and itā€™s not easy to report movement again, only after a few seconds or even minutes some times, is this a normal behavior?
Thank you

Hello

Does anyone know if the new Lidl smart home products will work with the hue app.
The Lidl lights will work with ikea philips and osrambridge

Hope someone can test it or can give me aright answer

https://www.lidl.nl/nl/p/smart-home/200-rgb-led-verlichtingsketting/p43246

@johan_bendz
Is it possible to implement a sensitivity setting for the hue motion sensor?
I found another driver for Smartthings, where you could take a look at. Maybe that helps.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bogdanalexe90/hueMotionSensor/master/devicetypes/bogdanalexe90/hue-motion-sensor.src/hue-motion-sensor.groovy

Sorry, if that issue has already been raised

Hi @Ricardo_Nunes, that is built by design right now. I am aiming to add user settings for those parts.

1 Like

Hi @Mark1541, I will not add support for Lidl devices in this app but they are Tuya white label products so I can add support for them in my Tuya Zigbee app if ppl help me with interview data. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi @Max_Menther, no problemsā€¦ keep requests coming! :smiley:

Hmm, I had not seen that code before, thx. I will give it some effort.

2 Likes

Okay but if that works then is it only available in v5?

@Mark1541, yes. Firmware 5 is needed to run the updated version of the Tuya Zigbee app.