[APP][Pro] Philips TV Testing

Hi! Here a newby to the Homey community.
I am trying to connect our Philips TV (48PUS7600/12) to our Homey but was not yet successful.

I found out our IPadress and the API setting:

https://192.168.178.248:1926/5/system

{“menulanguage”:“English”,“name”:“PhilipsTv”,“country”:“Germany”,“serialnumber_encrypted”:“z1y6VLZcqWxWZU2Xh97oW8zBLm44WydJuF0V803ZQJk=\n”,“softwareversion_encrypted”:“HxsNn5wTTwWIoRDMITeOPo2pG/LnsPX1u7pak+rxKpc=\n”,“model_encrypted”:“Vhx2MuMiW7wzO613M0GC3YdXE/bodTfhJHqCpHPFSvs=\n”,“deviceid_encrypted”:“RJDwmsPUgGODrPoC4jBSJC4KdSyskIwORqorZkW8pWY=\n”,“nettvversion”:“5.2.0”,“epgsource”:“ip”,“api_version”:{“Major”:5,“Minor”:2,“Patch”:0},“featuring”:{“jsonfeatures”:{“ambilight”:[“LoungeLight”,“Ambilight”],“textentry”:[“context_based”,“initial_string_available”],“inputkey”:[“key”],“applications”:[“TV_Apps”,“TV_Games”,“TV_Settings”],“pointer”:[“not_available”],“activities”:[“intent”]},“systemfeatures”:{“tvtype”:“consumer”,“content”:[“dmr”,“dms_tad”],“tvsearch”:“intent”,“pairing_type”:“digest_auth_pairing”,“secured_transport”:“true”}}}

So I tried connecting with:
IPadress: 192.168.178.248
API: 5 (Tried all the options)
TVtype: Android

I made sure I have a static IP, WoWLAN is enabled and the TV is turned on.

The app is loading for a while and than returns:

Anyone familiar with this problem?

I connected it withou any problem with my Philips OLED Android TV from 2018. I added the TV as a device and tried to turn on the ambilight when the TV is in standby, but didn’t work. :frowning:

Did the same and yes it works for me. Switching on / off ambilight works fine.
I checked the options for doing actions and actually miss the option to switch to a certain input. Can that maybe be added?

1 Like

I want to add my tv nut het thuis message whoke adding

Hi everyone!

It’s been a while since I’ve had some free time on my hands so sadly I haven’t been able to give the Philips TV app as much love as I’d like to, but that changes soon.

I will try and get back to every response placed here, since I’ve last commented, soon.

To manage expectations:
I’ve been trying to contact the developers of the Joinspace API for more than a year now with no success. So everything I make is reverse engineered and because I only have my own device available for testing it is very likely that it might not and/or will not/never work for your device. I know for a fact that some devices sold from late 2019 don’t even have the Jointspace API (which this app uses). However I will do my best to resolve all encountered issues.

Thank you for your understanding.

5 Likes

Hi, maybe I can help? I’m not a developer but I’m in close contact with TP Vision. I can ask them if there’s someone from the software dept that might be able to help to create a fully functioning Philips Homey-app.

3 Likes

@Martijn_C that would be really helpful.

2 Likes

IT works now. Tv is adres nut the next Day is cant control my tv

Tv turns out when I push a button in the Livingroom but no control on Homey

is it possible to add a working option for ambilight ligh ON / OFF
At the moment this flow does not work or it opens the ambilight menu to turn it off, it should switch it off and on, not open menu’s

Don’t get me wrong but is there any update? It’s been a good while back since your last post?

1 Like

Got the same error on my TV (43PUT6401) when trying to connect with the pin. Philips TV remote apps works though :slight_smile:

I don’t know what changed but i was trying again after a couple of months to connect my tv to Homey and when I put in the pincode it worked! Which has never done that before. Now I can make flows so I can use my google assistent to controle my tv. It still does disconnect/give error after a time of inactivity. I haven’t figured out why though.

At my end there is still no change. Can’t get past the pincode error. @lucasvdh Any updates? It’s been a while since your last post…

1 Like

I waiting for update i have the same error pin incorect error Philips Android tv 2019

it would also be nice if you could start Tv apps on your Tv via homey flow

1 Like

I own a 2020 philips 50pus8535, every comand seems to be working except for the volume, anyone knows a way around this?
Thank you.

But my pin it’s not incorrect, it accepts it.
But after everything it’s paired up, every control I’ve tried works , just not the volume and mute button.

Hi, this is a great app thanks! Here is my experience with this app.

Pairing process: I had a problem error message “pin is incorrect”, resetting the Philips Tv application in Homey App on the application screen fixed this problem. Maybe add a hint to restart the app in an error message will be very useful in the future.

Lots of button works, what doesn’t work is change volume, on volume screen in TV detail in-home app. And change volume or mute tv by tv remote doesn’t work too.

The changing channel is not working with the change channel button but with the cursor up/cursor down button.

Is sit possible to fix volume up-down functionality, remapping button on the app, or how to change it in source code?

Is it possible to add a new button to the application? or exist the same example of how to add it in source code? I want to add a Netflix button to the app.

{
    "notifyChange": "http",
    "menulanguage": "Slovak",
    "name": "43PUS7304/12",
    "country": "Slovakia",
    "serialnumber_encrypted": "GiBHknhh7grsExNpambI8raczyOrBuSDo/o0L/58YO0=\n",
    "softwareversion_encrypted": "rlfRg1CyagfJSEANonszQhBDC1HwPZ8CXB0rWTA0KiJoqQmLLLTGq9Ls5vU0nTuj\n",
    "model_encrypted": "8TSatH61oy3BEWDIFpW14vGQw694WyIVToMxqE6h6IU=\n",
    "deviceid_encrypted": "m9Xk2kl/Xkmka/nRp65taRYvuO9IUIl6Db21tgsDzkw=\n",
    "nettvversion": "8.2.0",
    "epgsource": "broadcast",
    "api_version": {
        "Major": 6,
        "Minor": 4,
        "Patch": 0
    },
    "featuring": {
        "jsonfeatures": {
            "editfavorites": [
                "TVChannels",
                "SatChannels"
            ],
            "recordings": [
                "List",
                "Schedule",
                "Manage"
            ],
            "ambilight": [
                "LoungeLight",
                "Hue",
                "Ambilight",
                "HueStreaming"
            ],
            "menuitems": [
                "Setup_Menu"
            ],
            "textentry": [
                "not_available"
            ],
            "applications": [
                "TV_Apps",
                "TV_Games",
                "TV_Settings"
            ],
            "pointer": [
                "not_available"
            ],
            "inputkey": [
                "key"
            ],
            "activities": [
                "intent"
            ],
            "channels": [
                "preset_string"
            ],
            "mappings": [
                "server_mapping"
            ]
        },
        "systemfeatures": {
            "tvtype": "consumer",
            "content": [
                "dmr",
                "pvr"
            ],
            "tvsearch": "intent",
            "pairing_type": "digest_auth_pairing",
            "secured_transport": "true",
            "companion_screen": "true"
        }
    },
    "os_type": "MSAF_2019_P"
}

Thanks!

Summary

I tread your tip but It not works for me. Pin error everytime i restart the app

Please send a screenshot about this process, i can’t find this function.

Hi @Szergely This functionality is Home -> Apps -> Select Philips TV application -> Settings Button on the right top on the screen and here is this button.