[APP][Pro] Philips TV Testing

Hi, @HuisCHovens I try it again and for me reset button still works. But you need to send pin code to tv only one a time. If you try it again then it doesn’t work. First you need to find correct api version and ip address if you try to change version of api for example you need to reset app.

I can reset the application until I way an once (duch saying), computer still says no ;-). Is there someone else with a working solution, other than buying an broadlink RM 4 pro…

I tried the trick a few times to no result everytime pin error. the code appears neatly on the TV i type It over and wait a 1 second and then IT says everytime error
Restart the app also. But no result.

I also continuously have the same. The original android tp vision never worked either. The app was updated in September and now works with my TV. Maybe the homey app also needs to be adjusted?

Hi Lucas,

Could we in any way encourage you to pick up again the development of this app?

4 Likes

Hi try https://homey.app/en-us/app/nl.philips.ir/Philips-TV-IR/ on the first look it doesn’t have lots of function but then when you create flow in than case have more options. Now used a combination of bought.

Thanks for the tip, however the TV IR does not work on my TV. Very inconsistent behaviour if any behaviour is present at all.

Remote control works fine but i want to start a app on the tv from a button
that cant not with a remote control

Hi is it possible to add the following functions:

• choose directly external source hdmi1, hdmi2 etc using the google assistent method
  • add flow card to choose these external sources

According to an API manuals of these TV’s this is possible using the google assistent, more info see here:

App works great but the on and off state don’t update

When I put the tv on with remote I can’t see it in Homey
Is that a known issue ?

I searched in the Philips tv android 2019 rights option menu I cannot find any rights.
Should you be really lucky with this app that it works well or do someone already have solution or idea that works ?

With my first Homey which was sent for RMA, I had issue with pairing… but now, it paired on the first try and I must say, most of it is working.
Only thing that I found is not, is unfortunately pretty important - volume control. It just doesnt do a thing and triggers timeout 30000ms error later…

Also, is it possible to make some sense in the buttons? Reorder those, split into multiple screens, etc? It’s a mess :slight_smile:

TV is Philips OLED804 with latest android 9 available.

Bought a new TV, now I can connect it but same problem here, the app does not update the status if the TV is switched on or off with the remote.

Hello,

First of all thank you for the interesting work. It was tremendously helpful for my Home Automation purposes, and put me right on track to my own Home Automation scada. I only want basic functions, like check the state, turn on/off and volume controls. Managed to integrate all of those with my SCADA, except the damn wake on lan :wink: It’s a non android Philips TV, any suggestions?

So found a commit that fixes on/off detection and seems to work pretty well…
Also fixed volume settings (works, just needs some polishing).
Will try to figure out how to request pull (or whatever it’s called in git), tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe the wol is a network problem. U send a magic package to an ip address and when it’s off the router ‘forgets’ the ip address so it can’t send the package …
Try the wol function right after switching off. It works here. But after a few minutes it stops working.

Hi PiTRiS, Do you have more info how you solved the on/off detection ? (I saw the git post, but do not understand what to change)

Hi, just download that fork with the fix and manually install it to homey. It should work :slight_smile: or you can download my fork with this fix and volume fix here: GitHub - PiTRiS87/codes.lucasvdh.philips-jointspace: A Jointspace connector for Philips TV's supporting models up to 2018
let me know if it works for you :slight_smile:

I removed the Philips tv app and installed the version from your GitHub, but sadly the On-Off status when you use the remote control is still not detected.

Version 0.3.5 on Philips 65OLED875, still on/off status doesn’t work. :confused: