[APP][Pro] Power by the Hour: Insights per hour, day, month and year

I have a solution in mind already. Will work on it :soon: . Maybe before x-mas (20xx)

Any time before 2025 would be great! :rofl:

I can confirm it works for the Toon® app by Athom

I don’t understand the This month value however

@Gruijter
Thanks for the app!
1 question tough:
How are the values per hour/day/month made (calculated) found in the variables list?

This hour, this day, this month is the total in (near) real time. E.g. this day is reset at zero at 00:00 hours, and starts adding from there.

The KWh/hour day month is the value of the PREVIOUS period at the time of reset. So the KWh/day shows your total power usage of yesterday.

And by the way, the numbers are correct only correct from when you installed the app and paired the power device. It does survive app or Homey restart.

1 Like

-4.15 is very weird, unless you produced around 10KWh yesterday…

No, most certainly didn’t, been crap weather here :wink:
Strange. I’ll keep an eye on it and let you know how it develops.

There is something wrong with “dit uur” value. The 1.12 kWh is the total kWh production (solarpanels) this day. And the correct notation is kWh instead of KWh :wink:

Ah, I think I know what happens. When the kWh meter doesnt change for a long time, the PowerByTheHour gets confused. I need to add more AI.

Will see if I have some energy left for that tomorrow (pun intended)

4 Likes

:+1:

I just checked but the production label (tag) yesterday (kWh/day) is empty for the energy production (zonnepanelen) The P1 shows the correct numbers.

yep. Working on that now (got some energy after good night sleep :slight_smile: )

A great app. But can I also use this app without a subscription(abonnement) of Toon or do I need the open open rooted Toon and is it also possible to display the high and low rate of a double meter. Thanks again

Power by the Hour is independent of the meter brand. Toon is just one brand it supports.

If you want to show power usage of your smart meter in Homey, you can for instance take a look at these:

1 Like

ARGH… :confounded: I think I found a bug in Homey firmware that prevents getting (near) real time updates of power meter in the way that I need to get it. How frustrating! I need to file a bug and will try to find a workaround…

In the mean time, Power by the Hour will not report hourly /daily usage correctly when the power use is 0 for a longer period.

1 Like

Hopefully you find a work around for this bug that will be a lot faster then waiting for Athom…

New test version: https://homey.app/a/com.gruijter.powerhour/test

It should fix the faulty power readings and also adds support for Open Toon @Robin_van_Kekem

I havent been able to test it much, so let me know if you find any bugs :grimacing:

Thanks you for all your effort but same issue as yesterday… I’ll check tomorrow for the Day/kWh.

Maybe you need to delete and add it again.
And can you post the meter insights of last 6 hours of the original SMA device?

Ok, I delete and add the SMA device, all zero now.