[APP][Pro] Roborock Vacuum Cleaners

I’m loving this app, it make me do stupid things like moving my roborock somewhere when I get home and it just cleaned, but then moving it a little bit so it’s dustbin is pointed towards me to empty it… what did you do!?

I have a question though, how do I clean multiple rooms? I see in the changelog it has been " fixed" but how would I do that if not make different flows per room ID and call them, with a delay?
Cheers
Vic

1 Like

Where do you get that “cleaned area” amount from? I don’t see it in homey as a variable. Ah, node red. I see. Hmmmmm. New… Project.

1 Like

Okey, last question. When I want it to move on the y axis below the Dock.
Do I make it like -1 meter down is - 26500?
Or

I can’t figure it out.
Xheers
Vic

1 meter down from dock is y=24500

1 Like

I’'m an idiot… A smart one but still
Yeah, thanks!!! It works now -.-

Hey guys!

Sorry i’ve been absent for a while. Have been very busy with work and private life the last months, took a little bit too much work on my shoulders.

However, I see that a lot of questions have been answered by @Morgan and @Chris_nl … thanks guys! Appreciated :pray:t3:

Room trigger must work. Sometimes my S7 thinks I changed something soo it burps out “no rooms” on my Homey and 2 minutes later it restores itself to all my room ID’s.This tells me it must still be working.

• Add the rooms changed trigger card
  • Make it burp room IDs it has found
  • View first post in this topic for example
  • Make sure all rooms have a name
  • To trigger, divide a room in two in the Xiaomi app
  • Room trigger must burp IDs, starting from 16
  • Change back the room by combining
  • Burp will come again with the correct rooms

Please notice your own set polling frequency, it will only trigger once every polling!!

Second the crashes… I’ve noted some crashes as well, has something to do with the robot blocking signal and the app loops and breaks on that block. A restart is needed. I had this only once, last week, and that’s it. I think it must be less or more based on Roborock version or even firmware? It might be solved with a good error handler that ignores the block and tries again later, I will try and rollout a update ASAP for this.

Also received a e-mail that the Xiaomi Viomi V2 is working with my app. I will add this to a future update as well!

If I forgot to reply too somebody, please let me know. I’ll reply again ASAP.

4 Likes

Hej,

This app was almost my only reason to buy the homey. However, I just realised that the Homey bridge I bought isn’t supported. Is there any plans to support the bridge as well?

Thanks
Ola

Why isn’t it supported? Theres no reason why?

I’m completely new to the homey world. I can’t add the add the app, that’s my issue. See attached image.

Guess you missed the introduction of a new Homey?

Short version:
If you updated the app to SDK3 you have to apply to become a verified developer and/or ask the brand to support.
Then Athom can enable you to publish the app to be also available for Homey (cloud)

No I did not miss the introduction of the new model. Just would not think, and still can’t believe, they’re forcing developers that supply free hours and apps into giving up even more free time. Since when am I on the payroll?

On short notice I do not have the time to make changes for the Homey Cloud. The app won’t work there then.

3 Likes

Guess they are not forcing you. It will even keep working on Homey Pro until SDK2 is removed and afaik that is not yet planned or announced.

The other point is that @oladol is just asking.

No is also an answer imho.

You’re saying that you expect community apps won’t work anymore in the future?

Nope, I say SDK2 Apps work until Athom announces they want to stop support for SDK2. It then stops if Homey’s are upgraded to newer firmware that doesn’t support SDK2 anymore. But that is not yet announced, maybe not even decided by Athom.

Like they disabled SDK1 Apps since Homey FW version 5

• Homey Apps SDK v1 (Homey < v5.0.0 — End of life)

Nothing changes until then but this App definitely won’t run on Homey (Cloud) when not upgraded.

Ah okay, yeah if they upgrade it will continue to work ofcourse :crossed_fingers:

Would it be possible for me to upgrade the app to the latest SDK? And will that enable me to install the app on the bridge?

I’m a developer, or use to be at least :wink:

Thanks

No,
Nothing can be installed on the bridge, you need to install on Homey (Cloud containers) and that will only be possible if you manage to publish the App to the store.

So if you upgrade the code, become a verified Developer and pass all Athom requirements,
Maybe.

Hi I have S7 but I not see this tags and not see my map zone name? Can u tell how can set this. I use only 1 device MI Home app my iPhone :iphone:

Hi Justin,

I hope you can help me. :crossed_fingers:t2:
I’m experiencing repetative issues with my S7. Upon initial successful pairing, the S7 becomes unreachable after a few days / hours. Sometimes this is (temporarily i.e 5 minutes) resolved by an app reset, but most often it is not. The S7 can be operated through the Xiaomi app without any issues but my Homey (pro) can’t reach it.

In order to resolve it I have several times reset the wifi of the S7 and removed it from the Xiaomi app, de-and re-installed the Roborock app on the Homey, both enabled and disabled static IP, but no matter what I have tried so far, I can’t get it to work stable.

Currently I am not even able anymore to connect it in the Roborock app, ‘Could not connect to device, handshake timeout’ also after reinstall of the Homey App, as well as the S7 wifi + removal from the Xiaomi app. On the Xiaomi server it is still visible and after each Wifi reset I do receive a new token code.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance!

Regards, Paul

Mine works mostly fine, had a few similar issues, but a friend with exactly the same setup (Homey + S7) has exactly the problems you describe as well. Restarting the app works fine most of the time. I’ve done 1 WIFI reset there, didn’t make a difference, also that one functions through the Xiaomi app.

What i’ve tested and kinda worked is to lift the S& from the dock and place it back on there, that made the device available in homey again. No clue if that was just luck, or that it’s just a connection timeout that gets reset after docking.