[APP][Pro] Roborock Vacuum Cleaners

Easy. Make a flow that start cleaning of room kitchen and name for example “Clean kitchen”. Make this flow as a favorite flow in Homey mobile app.
Then you say to google “Hey Google, activate Clean kitchen”.

(Homey has to be set up in Google Assistant, of course.)

Justin,
A suggestion for your roadmap/wishlist:

Xiaomi App gives notifications such as “dust bin full”, “wheels blocked”, “returning to dock”. Would be nice if these notifications would be available in A variable. So that I can do things like: IF dust bin full THEN park roborock at other location.

Regards,
Paul

Some of those stuff is already here. You can use error status cards to detect wheels blocked or brush jammed, also theres a status for a blocked docking station.

At this moment I did not find anything that makes a full dust. bin trigger possible. You could use the (future released) cleaning summary to trigger driving to the dustbin when a certain amount of area is cleaned or a certain total time?

Ok. Thanks.
Paul

Good work! It’s really nice there is finally an official app.
I’m now using an app someone made on GitHub. But this app has allot more features than this app has for the S5max.
I see you are already thinking about implement it, but maybe this will help you.

This is a link to the app:
https://github.com/Maxmudjon/com.xiaomi-miio/files/6408030/Roborock_Zones_Goto.zip

Hi Arjan, if I understand correctly you’re talking specifically about go-to and zone cleanup that you’re missing?

Edit:
I’ve searched through this app but it seems to only support defaults such as ‘tell the robot were it is’, ‘clean zone by coordinates’, ‘find vacuum status’ and ‘go to target coordinates’.

Current live version of this ‘official app’ has these options except the clean by coordinates flowcard. The current pending release has room cleanup and get room ID’s.

The latest test version has clean zone by coordinates, get cleaning summary and set water intensity.

If i’m missing something in the app you’ve sent, please let me know. I will try and implement this as well.

Wow, very nice @Justin , I was away for work for about a week, and I missed out on a lot of fun apparently. I know what I will be doing tomorrow morning :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think everything I’m missing is all on the latest test version (zone cleaning and water intensity).
In the other app the guy implemented “customized”, so it used customized cleaning option for a room. I’ve not used it, but if there will be a feature Homey know the map is changed, than I it will be really handy.

There is only one thing that’s different (maybe by choice), the roborock on this app is always turned on. The other apps I’ve used turned off when the Roborock was docked or was waiting to at his starting point.

@Justin I think this relate to the On/Off discussion we had earlier in this thread. In the sideloaded app I used before a click on the device set it to On and a full cleaning started. Off triggered go back to dock.

I’ll dig into this later today

@morgan @Arjan-21 Are you both then also using trigger cards for this? Or just simply added the device to your Homey home screen and press it when you need a cleanup?

Edit:
I suppose that using the tile is the only thing usefull for this, right? Triggering a cleanup is simply working with other flow cards.

Right now I got this tile function triggering the on/off to work in my test environment. I will release this with the other stuff that’s ready for test. Triggering a cleanup trough a flow sets the tile to “on”.

I did change some stuff according to the “when it’s off” state. I do not like it myself that the tile turns off when the robot is set to pause. In my opinion, the robot is “off” when it’s at his dock waiting for a next job and not when it’s sitting somewhere in my house waiting for me to clean it or when it’s stuck somewhere. Soo I changed that, the tile will turn off when the status is docked/charging.

The other side to this is that the robot will always “return to dock” when you turn off the tile in the device screen.

Never mind… I already noticed why this guy did it like this. Doing it my way (soo always set off when returning to the dock) gives problems with the tile status. It becomes clear why this useally isn’t a function for the vacuums, it gives a bit of a false feeling to a device that normally isn’t using on/off.

However, I understand why you guys want this… Soo I added “stopped” to the “off” functionality. In other words:

Tile is on when:

• Cleaning
  • Spot cleaning

Tile is off when:

• Charging
  • Docked
  • Stopped
1 Like

This will also simplify some of my flows, because i just have to check if vaccum is off. Now I have flows that starts when status changes and then I have conditions status is NOT cleaning AND status is NOT spot cleaning.

I understand. Somehow my head says he doesn’t agree using this, since it’s a bit off uhm… Taking advantage of a built-in status that’s made for let’s say lights and stuff, but if it makes you guys happy it’s fine by me lol.

I’ve got it all working inside my dev and noticed that Homey automatically adds the “is on” and “is off” flow cards, that’s just a core functionality.

Waiting for Athom to release 1.4 and then i’ll commit 1.5 to test.

1 Like

Version 1.4.2 is now live in the app store.

1 Like

Version 1.5.0 is now published to the test environment.

This version contains:

• Zone cleanup based on coordinates
  • Set waterflow intensity on the S6 MaxV and the S5 Max
  • Trigger flow that detects new summary
    • Total cleaned area (cm2)
    • Total cleaned time (seconds)
    • Total times started
    • Last round time (seconds)
    • Last round area (cm2)
  • Trigger flow that detects a new map
    • Map name
    • Map ID
  • Set the device to “start cleaning” by pressing the device tile.

Hi Justin,
I tested 1.5.0 with my S6. These new fuctionalities did not function.:

• Trigger flow that detects a new map
  • Set the device to “start cleaning” by pressing the device tile.

Also the on/of cards were not available.

Did you transfer the new functionalities from S7 to the other devices?

Regards,
Paul

1 Like

Same for me, I was just going to ask, if it’s required to re-add device when new functionalities are included :slight_smile:

Test of 1.5.0 with S6 MaxV-model:

• Zone cleaning do not work. Same problem as in 1.4.0, vaccum follows the wall to the right from dock.
  • Set water intensity = OK :+1:
  • Set vaccum power do not work
  • Edited: Map change do not trigger.
  • New stats do not trigger at all
  • Press tile to start do not work and on/off cards is missing.

Then I tested with the S7-model device I kept for test purposes and Zone cleaning worked really good :slightly_smiling_face:.

First off; you need to re-add the device in order to make on/off work. Guess this is a Homey core thingy. After re-adding it works properly.

The rest I will test and fix.