[APP][Pro] Samsung SmartTV

Yes the device is added successfully but when I want to select it I get an error message that I need to add the IP address (see screenshot).

I’ve removed and added the device a couple of times but same result.

Did you try a long press?

1 Like

Worked! Thanks!

I have a Samsung the frame, but experience a few problems with this combining homey.

First, it doesn’t detect art mode as turned off, nor can I acces the art mode when turned off from homey.

It doesn’t list all the app currently on the TV to start (like knp itv)

Also I’d like to dim the lights when Netflix app is running, but this is only available as a AND card. What trigger would I use? Is it possible? to change this features to use as a IF(trigger)?

Or is there something I’m doing wrong?

I use the Smartthings API. And frame support (whatever the should do) is enabled.

@balmli is there a way you can add a card to set the status to ‘off’. I’m currently measuring my energy and if the W is below 50 then it’s off and ON if it’s above 50. Turning OFF with the current button results in sending the off command, this off command turns the TV ON too. Especially with the sleep flow this is annoying :wink:

I want Netflix paused on my Samsung SmartTV paused when the doorbell is pressed. I see the option ‘Is app running’ and when I select Netflix and test it it’s also triggered when the TV is off or is showing cable.

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong and need to have another trigger/card?

Can’t jou just hit the pause button?

That`s an option but normally we start it with our phones and don’t have the remote near us and the Harmony app closed…

Not on the remote , silly :wink: , through a flow.

What was I thinking :sweat_smile: but I only want to pause when Netflix is playing niet with live TV or else our son will panic when his cartoon is paused…

With a quick check I always get an error with any flow card regarding the Samsung TV

I’ll try and see what happens if I try it. I’ll report back

edit:

the condition doesnt work for me either. I have very easy flow:

But as with you, live tv pauses too…

One problem is fixed the IP changed and gave it a fixed IP… But I still get a red exclamation point when testing and Netflix is running!

Changed it to prime video and the same problem. It just pauses. @balmli you have any clue?

Thanks for the testing! And when it gives an error it just skips the AND part and do the THEN part anyway… I think it’s an issue with the ‘app running’ and when it gives an issue it just skips that part?

BTW @Martijn_Hoogenbosch which online editor do you use for this flow screen?

Well, it doesn’t even give me an error. It just tries (something) and skips. There is neither a exclamation mark or check mark.

It’s the webapp with the three column layout as suggested in the topic of the webapp.

On the Homey app on my phone it did gave an exclamation mark so maybe that’s the difference but either way it skips the field and doesn’t check which app is running…

But for now we can only wait for a reaction!

1 Like

Created an issue on his github: Condition card 'app is running' doesn't seem to work · Issue #28 · balmli/com.samsung.smart · GitHub hopefully there is a way to get this sorted.

1 Like

Trying to use this application with a Frame TV and smartthings token but no success for inputs. List is still empty after multiple actions (restart TV, add/remove device in Homey, restarting homey pro or Samsung application,…). I also noticed that the on/off status of the device is most of the time wrong even if i pull it from smarthings every 10 seconds.

@Martijn_Hoogenbosch

I will have a look at it.

2 Likes

I am recently experenced a an issue with Samsung TV that sounds simmilar to this. Turning the TV on and off via homey or a flow works, but as soon as I want to check or start apps via a flow I get an error exclamation "connectction to IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is refused. I also noticed that some of my apps that are running on my tv ( and were used successfully in the past as well) no longer show up in the dropbox on any Samsung TV app-related cards. The available list is now quite short and is missing a lot, including all Dutch-oriented, apps like NOS, Videoland, NPO, KIJK etc. Doesn’t seem the flow is picking the app-list from my actual TV or account?
Restarting either the app or Homey does not work. In the past I had some issues with the samsung app and I needed to re-install the TV device, meaning I had to rework all my TV-related flows. Hopefully there is a way around that.