[APP][Pro] Samsung SmartTV

Hi
My Samsung is Not working With the App

I tried 1.8.3 also

I find the tv in the App, set the ip and everything seems to be oke, but no command is working, unknown error

I’m having trouble with this app, turning on works every time, via flow and via device panel but turning off doesn’t, first time I set it up worked maybe half of the time but after a week stopped working at all.

Any clues?

Update: I’ve tried enabling smartthings and generating various tokens with different levels of permission sithout any luck. Turning off still doesn’t work via flow or manually in the homey app :frowning:

It works perfectly on the smartthings app. Any clues?

Best.

1 Like

Enabling SmartThings will enable you to use the “Set input source” action. It isn’t being used to turn the TV on or off.

Good to know! I’m at a point where I’m trying every setting I can find and see what happens. Is there anything else that I could try?

1 Like

Hello, I have a 48" Samsung UA48J5200 TV, but I cannot get this app to find my TV, let alone control it.
I set it up, cannot see TV, then I add the IP address manually, doesn’t work. Tried the normal, legacy and encrypted types and no luck.
Any idea if it can work with my TV model?
P.S. The TV runs the older Samsung software, prior to SmartThings.
Thanks in advance.

unfortunately this does not work for me. do you have a tip?

Anybody out there who can help?

@balmli maybe?

You should use the “Samsung” device, not “Samsung (encrypted)”

@balmli I’m really happy with the ‘is app running’ feature. I now, just like someone else above, let my shows pauze when someone is at the door. Nice feature. I however did came across a minor issue.

When the show is running it works great, when a show is at pause state (netflix / prime / disney+ or whatever streaming app) the flow initiates a play action because the pause then becomes a play button ;-). Makes perfect sense , but not what I’d like to see.

There is no way for me to see the playing/pause status of a show when running the app on the TV. Is that something which can be seen on your end?

I looked in the status of my sonos beam but both when playing and being paused it shows ‘PLAYING’ as state. When the TV is connected I cannot send a pause command from the sonos app, it doesn’t support that.

@Martijn_Hoogenbosch

Can you test a bit on your TV, by accessing these links:

http://IP-ADDRESS:8080/ws/apps/Netflix
http://IP-ADDRESS:8080/ws/apps/primeLive

with your IP-address. When the app is running / paused etc… And check the responses

Doesn’t change between paused and running.

<service xmlns="urn:dial-multiscreen-org:schemas:dial" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" dialVer="2.2">
<name>Netflix</name>
<options allowStop="true"/>
<state>running</state>
<version>5.2.550</version>
<link rel="run" href="run"/>
</service>

Same I guess.

Thanks that works!!

Yes. So not easy I think.

I love this app.
Play and pause now works really good for me.
It’s really nice to do the power state yourself

Is there a way to add Videoland (dutch video streaming) as an app? So I can use this to start the app or to pause while playing

Yes, can add that, but must have the code from the “DIAL registry”.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer. I couldn’t find it on the internet, but send them a mail with the question.
Hope I get response soon.

Is there a way to see ‘art mode’ on the frame as off?

It like to start playing music when the TV turns of, but not excutally turn it of but to art mode. I can switch it to art mode via homey with send key power toggle command. But homey won’t see this when I turn it of through the remote.

Could this be supported as an app? Like IF app is /isnt running ‘art mode’

1 Like

This is not possible as you TV just sends the status on or off.

I use following flow

This ofcourse is one solution, but however, the TV is also able to send if an app is running. Like Disney+ Netflix etc. As art mode is just an app, I think it should be possible to detect if the app is running, and than set a variable to ‘TV off’.

As for your solution, this doesn’t make it possible for me to start the radio when the TV is turned off (art mode)