[APP][Pro] SMA Solar devices

Installed the beta this morning. So far it looks like it is adding up my two inverters great. Upgraded at 10 today, so I’ll check tomorrow also after a full day to see if the numbers add up.

//Martin

Running the Beta for the second day and it seems to work just as intended! Tnx!

1 Like

Ran the full day yesterday. There is a small difference in what is reported in SMA sunny portal where i have 34.48 kWh on my STP8000 (guess it uses the Daily yield since it is available in the API) and my STP5 reports 10.78 kWh, a total of 45.26 kWh. The number on pvoutput.org is 44.990 kWh. For me that’s good enough.

New test version 2.1.3 available, changed PVOutput to use Wh value that I now have available (after the other changes I did) - so no rounding anymore. This should improve the accuracy.

2 Likes

Thanks!! Even the daily total is available now, great :smiley: thanks for your effort!

1 Like

2.1.3 works like a charm. All kWh from both inverters are now reported! Thanks Richard!

1 Like

Hi, I have an SMA WeboBox (SUNNY WEBBOX). I am unable to link it to Homey via the app. I’m trying to connect it via the inverter option. But that doesn’t work :wink: Does anyone have a good idea to get it paired?

One tiny bug I guess, if I check Homey Insights of the daily yield, there are some very negative values. Of course I’m not sure how this is possible, but it could be prevented to add a filter on the value. That it must be higher than the previous for example.

Interesting, not sure how this could be possible. Maybe unstable reading from the Inverter. I guess a negative value shouldn’t be possible regardless, so let’s make sure it is 0 or higher. I will add that and release a new version.

1 Like

Thanks Richard! I’ve never seen any strange values on the inverter itself, or any other values it sends to Homey. But to ignore negative values would solve it anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have been trying to add my inverters to the SMA Solar Devices app, but the app cannot find them. If I look at the step-by-step guide the “tcp server” needs to be enabled. Which is not the case for both inversters.

If I open the inverters in Sunny Explorer and click on “edit” in the tab “external communication” the only option available is webconnect ON or OFF. There is no possibility to switch the TCP server ON or OFF. Any idea what setting(s) I am missing?

Maybe this more of a SMA-forum type question? I’d be happy with any suggestions.

Hi @RvE ,
Welcome to the forum!
Find the same setting directly on the InverterUI by browsing the IP of your inverters directly. Login as Installer.

It looks like the PV output doesn’t work anymore after the update to release 2.1.5.
Update: reinstalled the PV output but still no updates. It’s not connected and no PVOutput error…

Have you tried restarting the SMA app? I got another user contacting me that they had issues with mqtt integration after installing 2.1.5, but after app restart all worked again.

Regarding pvoutput it works for me in the latest version. Only thing changed in 2.1.5 was upgrading jsmodbus package to latest version and adding a check for a null object for the inverter device type. PV output wasn’t touched at all.

btw, you are not installing from github manually?

Thanks for you’re answer! After reinstalling and reset de PVoutput works again.

Thanks for this app.
We installed it and after switching the TCP mode ‘on’, it works fine.
Now we have to find how to launch some of our machines when there is a peak in production.

The SMA app is great, it works after I have installed it and configured it. Now I have a question.
Is it possible to show the temperature of the inverter ( SMA Sunny Boy 3600TL-21 ). When I used Domoticz I could read and use the temperature to switch a fan, so the inverter sends it. Unfortunately Homey want to use the Mod-Bus and Domoticz uses UTP. It is impossible to use both.
Perhaps next version of the app???

What value can I use for a flow for the sunscreen. Is this ‘‘MPP A’’ on the right side or ‘‘Netvermogen’’ ?
Thanks! ! Zonne|231x500

I think we need input from someone else that controls blinds or similar based on output from the Inverter. As I understand this is what you want to do?

MPP A/B is either DC voltage or DC watts and could be for only a subset of your solar panels depending on how your installation looks like. Could even be panels in different directions (MPP A - east, MPP B - west).
Grid power (Netvermogen), is the total AC power generated from all MPP inputs.

First of all I want to thank you for this great app.

Is it possible to use the stats from Energy Summary in flows?
I want to use this stats to change the color of homey, so I can see, if my PV Power is higher than consumption or I have negative grid power.
I want to show this as color light on homey, so I know, when I can activate my washing mashine etc.

Edit:
Ok, this is possible. I’m setting every 5 minutes logic variables. Here I can use Enery Summary variables and check, if PV Power is higher than consumption.

2 Likes