[APP][PRO] Smart Presence

Would it be possible to add another category?
Kids.

This would be useful as kids have a different behavior.
They often leave their phone charging while out playing with friends. And I would like to trigger when adults and guest leave. But still trigger if kids arrive (first person). If that makes sense.

2 Likes

Yes totally agree, never thought of it that way… but now last person left means all phones are gone, and what you are saying as well, my kids often leave their phones at home, charging.

1 Like

@Genghes @Martijn_Hoogenbosch

V 0.7.5 with support for kids. Missing translations for most languages, but please test :slight_smile:

3 Likes

V. 0.7.6 with languages. Thanks to @Eternity @DirkG @Morgan @GerNie for translating!

Please test :slight_smile:

1 Like

Danish OK.

Wow… That was quick… :wink:

I have installed it and will test it this week.
Looks perfect. I have now changed my flows.
So lets see how it works when we and the kids leave and arrive at different intervals.

I was wondering if adding the ability to check the device wifi could be added? Basically, if you use multiple presence methods (say BLE, another app etc.) and these detect that the device has left, but the wifi timeouts aren’t yet triggered it would be good to force Smart Presence to scan/trigger in “Then” clause.

1 Like

Yes, that is possible.

Hi there. Great that the development of this app is alive again!

We have IOS and Android devices at home. The IOS devices work fine with the standard ‘Aanwezigheid’ Homey app, but the Android devices are not working with this app at all. I have been looking for an alternative for quite some time. The devices are Samsung A50 / A51.

I have added 2 devices using the Smart Presence app and created 2 flows to check if the person comes home or is leaving home. I have used the tile of the user. All settings for the 2 Smart Presence devices are left default. I send a push message to test the flows.

This morning, the away was working, but the coming home did not trigger the push message. The tile of the smartphone user is also still gray instead of white.

Is there an additional setting which I need to do? Thanks in advance for your reply/help.

Is your phone set with static ip on your network?

Yes, all our devices have a fixed ip-address. I will do some additional tests tonight and share my findings.

Strange, i use Android my wife as well, I’ve configure the phones in the app smartpresence with static ip set on my network…
Created the flows to mark us home or away, and everything has been running great for almost two months with no issues…

Hi! Just got home, no push message from the coming home flow. I waited for 30 minutes to respect the delay. Then I started the Homey app on my Android phone. The push message came instantly.

I then left the Homey app running and toggled wifi off and on. This time, the push messages came after the delay of 900 seconds.

So, it seems to work when the Homey app is running. Is this required? Or is there a setting to solve this issue?

Thanks again for your help!

I don’t think it’s about homey being running on your phone or not.

The away delay is only for when the phone disconnected from the network, nothing to do when it connects.

Can you share your flows and explain what your trying to achieve with them? Maybe that way i can help a little bit more.

Hi Ricardo,

I want to use the flows to switch specific devices when someone comes home. For example start heating, switch on radio, etc… Same to switch off when someone leave the house. Below an example of a test flow to send a push message when I am at home.

As mentioned, the flow seems to work when Homey app is running on my phone. I also have Smart Presence installed for the phone of our son. He was at home for 4 hours, the tile for his device was grey. When he started the homey app on his phone, the tile became white.

If you need any additional information, just let me know. Thanks and enjoy your day!

@Genghes @Martijn_Hoogenbosch. Have you tested 0.7.6, and think it’s ready?

I honestly can’t understand why it does not work.

I don’t think it’s because of the Homey app being running on background or not, cause i believe that as got nothing to do with it tracing you home or away.

I use Android, right now using Xiaomi Phones but I’ve already used samsung ones with this app running great.

All I’ve done is set static IP on my network for the devices i pretend to use, set it up on the smart presence app and create the flows i need.

The only thing i can imagine is power saving settings on your phone, i don’t know if your wifi gets turned off after some time without use or not.

I’m not expert on this stuff I’m just a casual user i want to help you but I’m very limited, can’t understand why because for me it was all pretty simple to set it up and get it working.

Maybe someone with more knowledge can help you, I’m sorry, but i can’t think of anything else.

I think I have found the problem; I cannot ping the Samsung Android devices on our home network. I can ping an iphone and any other device, except the android phones. They all are configured via the same router in the same way. I have tried to google for a solution, but haven’t found one so far. I will do some more checks later, like with different ap.

Thanks a lot for your help so far. This is very much appreciated!

2 Likes

Tested v.0.7.6 and it is stable. But function is not what I expected (or want).

Kids are counted as part of the household, and I see the logic in that.
But I want to trigger when the last adult leaves the house.
(Because the kids phones is left home charging when they are at school)
But also when the last household leaves

So maybe the best solution is to create yet another category ‘Is Adult’ same as the ‘Is Kid’ and let both be part of ‘Household’ ?

This way we can trigger when ‘Last Adult Leaves’ and trigger when ‘First Adult Arrives’

1 Like

I don’t think adding another category is a good choice, for most users.

2 Likes