[APP][PRO] Smart Presence

I think it will be confusing with an Adult category and your case is very special. Maybe you should try to make the kid leaving phone at home to Guest.

Thanks for all the work to start with.

About WiFi extenders, and / or SGS9+ phones
I found out:

• I reserved an IP address for my phone, using its MAC address
    • I checked my phone’s IP address, but it didn’t have the reserved IP…
      • So what da heck. I discovered Samsung uses a random MAC as default for WiFi connections. Change it manually to Phone’s MAC. Now my phone gets the fixed IP.

So, while testing it, (it did by itself - my battery went dead, so “I was away” and all the lights in my house went off ;-0 :wink: )

After my phone was ok again, my Homey status didn’t change to AtHome mode.
Checking my phone’s IP, it had a random IP.
The WiFi was first connected to one of my extenders. Bad luck in this case.
I discovered when my phone connects to an extender, it receives a random IP instead of the fixed one.
I think it is bc my DHCP server on my router is using the extender’s MAC instead of my phone MAC… While my extenders use my router as DHCP server.

So, I decided to NOT automatically connect to my extenders, now the wifi connects with my fixed IP.
BUT, I like to connect autom. to all my wifi points.
Is there anyone who can give me a slight pointer? What am I missing here?

TIA, Peter

I do not exactly understand what you done but I would like to point out a setting on your Samsung:

In WIFI-settings Advanced you can set Static IP.

This is fine, I can see the options getting to many.

Thanks Morgan, i will try that option

Hi all, i coudnt find the answer, but is the app working on homey v5? and if not, is there planned support?

Hi Richard,

I can confirm that Smart Presence is working on v5.rc38 with version 0.7.6.

Anyone know the perfect setting for an IPhone 11? My android is off course working like a charm, but my wife’s iPhone is all over the place even after turning the delay up…

I do not know if it is the perfect settings but it works fine with an Iphone 11

Hi, until recently it worked like a charm. But since about 3 weeks my Samsung A50 is set to absent from time to time while being at home (but not being used). It seems to coincide with an update of Android 10.
I already tripled the “away delay” but am still experiencing the issue. Also different phone settings to prevent that the TCP connection is lost did not solve it.
Are more people experiencing this? Can something be done to keep the TCP connection alive?

Try to check battery saving setting. In case its on, phone dosconnects from wifi when not in use.

1 Like

This was actually one of the first things I checked. As far as I can see there are no settings which allow the phone to disconnect from wifi when not in use.
I know that before there was an option “Keep WiFi on during sleep” but it was removed in an earlier Android version.

I connected my kids XPLORA 4 watches, all working good and Homey registering when the leave/arrive home (disconnect/connect to wifi), but I got an issue that the battery drain 4-5 times faster than normal when they now are connected at home.
I’ve been in contact with Xplora and they have checked and confirmed that my kids clocks drain the batteries much faster during the period I say they are connected to Homey/Smart Presence. They can not tell me why, but if you have any explanation/solution they were interested to bring it up with their software guys to try to make a fix.
Any thoughts?

Welcome to forum!

You may test with different settings in Advanced settings for your Xplora user. For example normal test interval is 3000 ms (3 sec). Maybe Xplora is no good in saving energy.

I will try to see if it makes any difference to the battery usage on the Xplora. But that won’t help Xplora to make any fix.
I have been using same settings on all users (5, 2 android, 1 ios and the 2 xplora) and the registration have worked painless with the exemption of the battery usage on the xploras.

Hi,

I experience the same issue as @Wanhoop lately. Using app version 0.7.6. I have a flow set up to send me a push message in case someone goes away or comes home (on 2 phones with a fixed ip). That flow has been working fine for a long time but now I do not always get a push message anymore after connecting to my wifi. When I open up the homey app on my phone I almost instantly get a push notification that I am home. My wifi was already connected for a while before that.

The push notification not working 100% is not that big of a deal but depending on presence of a family member my living room lights switch on in the evening. This failed now a number of times and it gets annoying :slight_smile:

Thanks for this great APP! Is it also possible to implement motion by using the gyroscope? I want to use this for initiation of switching on the alarm system, if both our phones are not used for 15min. Used an idea, but I can’t find anything on this forum.

1 Like

This Smart Presence app does not run on your phone, but on Homey. So what you are suggesting is not possible.

Afternoon @balmli , thanks very much for our app, it is much more reliable than the built in Homey presence. I know this has been mentioned before but I wanted to ask about the “Kid” setting. I understand that for my children but to add my phone or my wife’s phone I assume that we are all “kids” as we are not guests. I actually wonder if this is a language thing and how it translates from your native language to english.

The “Kid” setting is just for separating adults from kids.

1 Like