[APP][Pro] Splines [Abandoned]

Note that the time based query only works for splines that have a min of 0 and a max of 24. I might change this in an update and interpolate if necessary.

Hi @MadMonkey

I wonder if i it would be possible to set a Node from a hard value to a Tag value.
The intended usage would be to have a ‘moving’ time based on for example sunset or sunrise.

Would that be difficult to create?
Of course, I will get that sunset or sunrise time from another app, so you only have to make the X value node based on a Tag.

many regards,
Twan Veugelers

1 Like

This is already planned to do although currently only for the Y values. For the X values this could be done too but with a few restrictions like:

• first and last x value cannot be changed
  • automatic reordering will be performed. I.e if you have a node A at X=1 and a Node B at X = 2 and you then change Node A to X=3, the order will be B,A → might be a little confusing but will work
1 Like

Hi @MadMonkey

That sounds excellent, agree with both points, that’s how I would like to have it implemented as well.
Let me know if you have a test ready, and I will test for you.

many regards,
Twan Veugelers

I see you’re a Splines Pro user already.
Would you share your splines and flows?

1 Like

:rofl:

Thank you for the compliment. I have only very basic Splines and Flows at the moment. But the reason I’m ‘involved’ this much, as this app comes exactly at the time, that I really ‘needed’ this solution. I was completely fed up with have 6 different flows to simply turn on a light with different settings purely based on the time of day.

Most of my splines and flows have been shared already above.

2 Likes

New feature: live testing!

If you have created a spline and already created some flows using it, you might want to fine tune the spline. The problem is that you need to edit the spline and then trigger the flow which can be very anoying. Bellow the chart you now have a slider for real-time testing. Whenever you drag it the spline will be calculated and the flow card get’s triggered. There is also a button that triggers the testing at the given positon, so you can drag around the nodes and test in real time if everything is okay or not.

4 Likes

The spline was set up that way and wasn’t being found in app, curiously it was being found in HWA…? and is now being found in Homey phone app :slight_smile:

Exact same thought for me, as Hue app cannot sort scenes this Spline app provides an excellent way to have what amounts to dynamic scenes, scenes that change over the course of the day by creating splines and then queries to set variables for Dim/Hue/Saturation/Temperature. I could get carried away

I think this has to do with homey itself. I also noticed that sometimes it does not perform any requests to homey and just serves things form the cache…glad it worked;)

it is and athom are working on it. Homey can see all the scenes from Philips Hue but so far cannot apply them to either one room or the correct room. A previous attempt to manage room lights was using Zone Memory app, which is excellent and very convenient but, through no fault of it’s creator, cannot see the variables of the lights at the correct time to work. I suspect it works differently if using Homey Zigbee instead of Hue Hub Zigbee but…
Your app has opened up options. Have just set up a spline for dim values, and then 2 flows to query and then set a variable that another flow uses as a dim value.
Flows, flows and more flows.
Many thanks for this app and all your hard work

Hi Philippe, very useful functionality, I have seen it shows the X value, would it be possible to also show the Y value at the intersection?

In my opinion, this would also make more sense.
But you can see the life Y values in Homey Web App / Variables. If you move the slider along the X axis, the values of the variable will update.

@MadMonkey

wow - this sounds like the app I am missing in homey :slight_smile:

but I am not able to create a spline - iOS 14.3 - homey app 6.3.0 - splines app v 1.2.0

any idea?

What exactly do you mean when you say you cannot create a spline?

I see the “create” button in the configuration of the app - but the button is not working :frowning:

I can’t find the spline I’ve made. The x is min: 0 and Max: 24 so time based should work, but also the normal won’t find the spline.
Can somebody help me with this problem

I had the exact same problem and mentioned it in this thread. The spline did appear for me after I opened the Homey Web App and tried to create a Flow with the spline involved. It was found using Web App and then was able to be found in smartphone Homey app. I have no idea whether this behaviour was merely a coincidence or not but I suggest you try just in case. Worst case scenario you are no better off. The spline app is excellent though

I tried it first in the new web app, but got there the same problem.
Tomorrow I will try again with on the web after a restart of homey.

1 Like

You probably have tried this as well but have you restarted the spline app?