[APP][Pro] Splines [Abandoned]

I’ve pushed a new release that might improve the ios compatibility and also shows the result of the calculation in the live testing

1 Like

I have no problems:
– Homey FW 5.0.0.-rc.56
– Homey App Version 6.3.0.669
– Splines Version v1.3.0 (Experimentell)
– iPhone XS Max
– iOS 14.3

Edit
With v1.3.1 (Experimentell) also no problems.

Thanks, When the update is on the homey App Store I’m gonna try it.

I really love the idea and just need an app like this! Thanks.

1 Like

@MadMonkey

great job - with the new app the iOS “create” button works fine :slight_smile:

thx a lot :slight_smile:

but I do not find the created spines in the flow… (a restart of the app helped)

The new update works perfect! (1.3.1)

Thanks for your quick help!

@MadMonkey

Feature Request:
It would be helpful if it were possible to duplicate splines.

5 Likes

I don’t understand how to get a fade in/out for the volume.

Changing values/tags such as brightness or color temperature which are calculated every 15 minutes over 24 hours is no problem.
But how do I get a smooth transition from 50% volume to 20% volume within 5 seconds, for example?
Independent of the time, triggered by an action, e.g. when someone rings the front doorbell.

Can someone explain this? Can someone share flows?
Or is that not possible at the moment?

@MadMonkey

Philippe. Just installed test version 1.4.0. Tried to duplicate a spline. I can push the ‘copy’ button. it gets selected, nothing happens. I would suspect the new spline gets created, or it imports the settings into the ‘new’ spline when I push the Create button, but I don’t see that happening either. So not sure how it supposed to work.

It copies the spline and adds it at the bottom of the list, this is why you might have not seen it

But the copy only appears when you exit the app configuration and then go back to the app configuration.

No one an idea to answer my question from post #87?

Another example: I want to start an 1 hour spline at sunset and sunrise.
Is it possible?

Not yet, Splines does not yet support the usage of tags.
But when Splines will support the usage of tags, this is very much possible.
I already have tags that have the sunrise and sunset time in a decimal number.

That is correct.
I did not notice until I went back in, to see this…

:rofl:

Yes the copy function works, but not completely as expected… :upside_down_face:

I plan to do the following.
The lamps registered with DeConz have no way of gently dimming them in Homey. Splines would be the ideal way to compensate for this deficiency.
If I enter 1 in the Y-axis, I have defined an hour. Did I understand that correctly? Values ​​below 1 are not possible?
As an example: I would like a 100% dimmed lamp to be dimmed to 0 within 10 minutes. Is that even possible ?

Hi Undertaker.

I think it is possible to set the X-axis from 0 to 10, then set the Y-axis from 1 to 0.
Then you query the spline every x seconds, with a value that represent the elapsed time for the X-axis, so if 1 minute has elapsed, you query the spline with number 1. Or when 2:30 has elapsed, use number 2.5. With every query you can set the Y-axis value to the tag you use for the DimValue.

Im also looking for this. I tried this using the timers from Chronograph, but that didn’t work. I was hoping I could achieve this with splines. Anyone knows if it’s possible to create a smooth dimming experience?

I see there is a little confusion about time relations. There are two important points to mention:

• this app does just provide a spline, it does not directly to something depening on time (see exception bellow) → you need separate tooling for this like Chronograph app
  • splines are used for non linear behaviour. So if you just want to dim from 100% to 0% you do not need this app. But if you would dim down quickly to let’s say 30% and then dim down slowly to 0 this is the right app

Let’s assume you wan’t to do this: Dim down a light from 100% to 30% within 2 seconds and then to 0% in 5 seconds. Here’s what you need:

• Create a new spline where X represents the time in seconds (0-7) and Y is the dim level (0-1). Add the following nodes: [{x=0, y=1, x=2,y=3,x=7,y=0}]
  • Create a new flow that starts a new chronograph transition from 0 to 7 with 14 steps and 7 seconds
  • Create a new flow that gets triggered when the transition “has a step” and triggers the spline calculation for the transition value
  • Create a new flow that get’s triggered when the calculation finishes and that then actually dims a light

Note: for a real scenario it might be better to specify the x value just as 0-100 and adapt everything else, so if you want’ to change the transition time you just need to adapt it in the first flow card

If you wan’t to do something based on the current time of the day there is the “time based query spline” which is simply a shorthand to transform the current time of the day to a relative value on the spline.

3 Likes

Here’s a puzzle. I have a spline that is used to set a logic variable based on time of day. Generally works as expected but I have noticed odd variables being created, see below

As you can see the spline does not have any Y value that should give 75-80? Greatest value should be 60. Am I missing something?

Hi Community,

has anyone tried to create spline based on other values than time? I am using Splines to dim my lights depending on the LUX value of different Lux-sensors (combine in a virtual device). Every time the sensor value changes a spline value is triggered and if the request is completed the lights are dimmed. Works pretty perfect…except cloudy days :slight_smile:

I do understand why the following is happening, but my be Philippe might find a solution. What is happening. Usually it gets lighter through out the day. As long as the Lux value can be found in the Splines definition the dim level od a light can be calculated and set. Now a cloud is decreasing the Lux value, the value also can be found, but as soon as the cloud is gone and the Lux value is higher than the maximum of the Splines definition the lights do not react anymore.

e.g:
min x = 0 Lux
max x = 2100 lux
min y = 0%
max y = 100%

Lux went to 2100 - dim value become 0%
Lux wenn to 5000 - dim value stays 0%
Lux went to 1000 - dim value becomes 50%
Lux went to 5000 - dim value stays at 50%

Would it be possible to tell splines to proceed with the last found value in the definition when the value is higher than the definitions max?

Regards
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

in generally I don’t know if it is a good way to use Splines for that case. I would realize it with variables.

When…
Lux changes
And…
Lux is > 2100
Then…
Set variable “Lux” to 0,0

When…
Lux changes
And…
Lux is between 1000 and 2100
Then…
Set variable “Lux” to 0,5

When…
Lux changes
And…
Lux is < 1000
Then…
Set variable “Lux” to 0,8

When…
Variable “Lux” changes
And…
Light is on
Then…
Set Dimmlevel to tag/variable “Lux”

In addition, I would create flows that change the variable “Lux” only after the brightness has been checked e.g. 5 times. Otherwise the variable changes constantly if there are few clouds and the lamps dim constantly up and down.
If you are interested, I’ll post the flow.