[APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41)

I think will order 2 like this.

Anyway thank you and continue like this.

1 Like

Did u get it to work ? Have one my self

Can you confirm motion alarm is still working on your Looc on the Onvif app?
Mine has stopped working, i didn’t change any settings it still is using digitalinput, but it just doesn’t trigger the motion alarm no more

Could you test your camera to see if it is happening the same?
Thanks

Hello Ricardo, I removed the cam from my homey and ordered a new one on Ali. This one, I installed a my fathers place so cannot check at the moment.

Oh ok, no problem.
Thank you anyway @wesley_w!

I have published a new test version that has a few fixes around the events handling.
I purchased a new ctronics camera that has a few ONVIF compliance issues and the fixes work around those. This could mean other cameras that previously didn’t seem to support motion events will now work.
I also fixed an issue with an array growing when push events were renewed so this could also solve an issue where events stop working after a period of time.

That seems to have fixed the problem for my cameras that use digitalinput, and usually stop given motion alarm after some time, it’s working with no problems now for 4 straight days.

1 Like

Everything works like a charm for my Imou Bullet Lite as well with the latest test update. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Hi, i can only add one camera manualy, the on the second one i get "Error: An unknown error occured [Duplicate_device]. If i remove the first camera from Homey then i can add the other one ? Running version 1.1.26

I will look into it.

Hmm. I can’t reproduce that.
I removed two of my cameras and then added them both manually with no problems.

Could you add each camera and look at the URN value in the Advanced settings. That should be a unique MAC address of the camera that is used for the Homey data id.
I’m just wondering if they are the same for both cameras.

The URN is empty !

could it be due to the cameras are on another vlan and are routed ?

That would be the problem.

Possibly. I use the Homey.ManagerArp.getMAC(ip_address); function to get the MAC so maybe that can’t reach over bridge.

I will ask around but I think I have a fall back solution if that is not possible.

Yes found this, ARP only works between devices in the same IP subnet.

1 Like

I came to the same conclusion so I have implemented the backup plan.
There is a new test version in the store now. Gve that a try to see if it’s working now.

is there some thing special i need to do to get this test app installed ? remove old app ? the installation from here wont install ONVIF Camera | Homey ?

It should just install over the top. What are you seeing?

Hi,
Who can help me with this setting?
Thank you!

The ONVIF account is usually different to any app account. Normally admin as the user. The default password might be on a label on the camera. Alternatively, you might need to create an ONVIF account via the camera app.