[APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41)

Strange. This is mine:

The memory can be quite high due to fetching the images and higher resolution images will possibly use more memory. However it should be a temporary increases while it is transferring.
I will go back through the code to make sure I haven’t made any mistakes in the SDK3 update.

1 Like

Hello,

First of all a big thank you for a great job.

I am currently looking for the perfect camera to control my driveway lighting. I saw that the Reolink “RLC-520” camera was fully functional, but I’m afraid of false positives on motion detection.

The “RLC-520A” version appears to be more efficient at identifying humans and cars but I am not sure if it will be fully functional with the app.

So I wanted to know if anyone had tested the Reolink “RLC-520A” camera.

Thanks.

Hi Adrian,

Running app v2.0.3
Homey v7.2.0

RAM usage is still (too) high imho. I restarted the app every morning;
But not this morning, and now it’s rising to 55MB’s…
The cam’s barely send pics, just a few a day.

Any thoughts?
No hurries!

That’s strange. This is mine over the last 7 days, with 7 cameras, 3 of which are getting triggered quite regularly and the app has not been restarted in that time.
Also version 2.0.3 running on Homey v7.2.1-rc2.

Yeah, it’s quite odd. Before v2.0.1. the app used 15 to 18 MB’s, and nothing’s changed in my 2 cam setup or detection rates.

Could installing Homey v7.2.1-rc2 make a diff u think?
I’m installing it now anyways.
I’ll keep you posted, Adrian.

1 Like

Didn’t go well yet😊 App got paused, I just sent a diag report.
I still skipped the daily app restart.

At my home I am using Uniview cctv system or UNV, I can confirm that two models are working perfectly which are IPC2328SBR5-DPZ and IPC324ER3-DVPF28, I assume that all models will work with homey.

I tried to connect the whole system through the nvr, the will list all cameras in my house but nothing works, those two are connected through poe switch.

Could you open the Homey phone app and navigate to More > Apps > ONVIF Camera > Configure App. Then select the log tab, change the LOG LEVEL to Basic Information.
Now go back through the add devices procedure to add the cameras. Once completed, go back to the log tab and tap on Send Log.

Could you expand on ‘nothing works’, e.g. are the cameras added to Homey? If so, do you see a place for an image when you open the tile, etc

Hi Adrian,
Problem solved so it seems

I removed the cams and the app v2.0.3. Restarted Homey, installed app and cams, repaired flows.
Now RAM levels are perfect!

1 Like

Hello @Adrian_Rockall

I’m trying to add an camera

With search proces the camera is found but after that I get the message bad request when I will see an snapshot

All other cameras working fine

Could you:

1. Delete the camera from Homey.
  2. Go to Homey Developer Tools and select the ONVIF app.
  3. Then change the Log Level to Detailed Information.
  4. Next Go through the add camera process to add the camera to Homey.
  5. Then go back to Homey Developer Tools and select the ONVIF app again.
  6. Then click on Send Log.

Hopefully I will be able to see what it is picking up for the URL, etc.

Really strange

Now I see a picture but above I see an orange message with bad request

Did you send the log as I haven’t received one?
If you did, then could you copy the contents of the list to a PM.

@Adrian_Rockall aend you an Pm

Hello Adrian,

great work!
wo import OEM Cameras directly from a Company in Shenzen. They added Onvif Support some years ago - and the rtsp streams work fine on port 554 on all NVR´s.

weird thing is tha tusing your app i sometimes discover all cams (3 in test environment) sometimes only 1. when i try to connect i get a protocol that i sent you some minutes ago.

any help on this? i could also send you a camera for testing purpose if this would help.

thanks ,

Michael

I have looked at the log and can see that it has found 2 cameras. Then when you try to connect to one it doesn’t respond to the request. The Request error (192.168.2.184): socket hang up means that there was no reply. Could you check with the manufacture to see if the camera supports the ONVIF “Get system date and time” feature?
Unfortunately Homey can’t process the rtsp so the camera would also need to provide a snapshot URL that provides a jpg image.

The random number of cameras detected could be a timing issue. The app waits for 5 seconds for all the cameras to respond. Each camera should receive the broadcast message and then send a reply. If more than one camera replies at the same time then the standard network collision detection and retry feature should step in. I have tried to increase the scan period before but then the Homey discovery request times out.

I would be happy to do more testing if you send a camera but I can’t guarantee to make it work if the protocol is not fully implemented on the camera.

Hello Adrian !

thank you for the extreme quick reply - wow!

i will check with the manufacturer - if this function/option is present.

If i understand you correctly homey will never be able to show video streams? only screenshots/Snapshots?

thank you for your Support!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen Ihre B!

Michael Blickle

No problem. I like to keep on top of support questions so they don’t back up. With 14 apps to look after it can sometimes get busy :slight_smile:

Correct. Homey only allows each app a small amount of processor time so that it stay responsive to all the tasks it has to perform. Processing the rtsp data is an intensive task so it hasn’t been catered for, as in there is no way to show the video.

Hi, Im new here. just wandering if there is a chance for me to integrate my Hikvision cameras into Homey.

I do have a NVR Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2-8P.

When I try to add it add It as device into Homey I get the error:

“Error: Wrong ONVIF SOAP response”

Can anyone help or point out a workaround?

Thanks,
Alex

Could you open the log page (More > Apps > ONVIF Camera > Configure App > Log tab), make sure the log is set to Detailed Information, then tap on Clear Log. Next try to add a camera and after it has failed, go back to the log tab and tap on Send Log.
I use the app for a Hikvision camera but I connected directly to it so I’m not sure if it will work through the NVR.