[APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41)

Thanks Adrian. Log sent.

Regards,
Alex

Sorry to be awkward, but could you do the same again but with the Log Level set to Full Information so it captures the XML data as well. I can then check the format to see if it is OK.

Again thanks. Log sent.

Best,
Alex

Ah, OK, so the NVR is not being discovered and is returning “Access Error: 404 -- Not Found” when requests are made to the specified address and port. So I think it’s a simple case of the NVR is not supporting ONVIF. Maybe there is an option to enable it in the NVR or maybe it only supports ‘connecting’ ONVIF cameras.

Ahhh. I will check if there is an option to support ONVIF.

Otherwise I will try to connect to the cameras directly.

Many thanks for your help.

Alex

1 Like

Hi Adrion. You were right. I had to enable ONVIF. Rookie mistake.

Now Homey finds the NVR successfully but I get the same error.

I have sent you a new detailed log if you have time to have a look.

Thanks,
Alex

Hi again! I got it to work. It was the user for ONVIF. Now the last thing to figure out for me is that I get the same feed for all me 4 cameras. All show Camera 1.

Thanks,
Alex

Ah, good that you’re getting closer. Could you send the log once more now it’s finding the NVR correctly.
Normally, you should see a second list for each of the channels and each camera uses the same IP but has a channel number assigned.

Hi, yes. 1st log is when I added the NVR. Second log is when I choose to see CH4 camera. However same image on all Channels.

Thanks,
Alex

It looks like the image URL is not including the “channel” text before the channel number.
If you look at the settings for each camera (open the device tile and click on the gear in the top right corner) then you should see the “ONVIF Snapshot URL”. Can you copy that and then paste it into the “USER Snapshot URL” and then change the 102 at the end to 202 for channel 2, 302 for channel 3, etc.

Adrian, amazing. Works flawlessly. Incredible support and help.

Many thanks from Iceland :slight_smile:

Best,
Alex

1 Like

I have an ICSEE compatible camera. (1080P 5MP Wifi IP Camera ONVIF Draadloze Bullet Camera Outdoor Sd kaartsleuf Twee Weg Audio 1920*1080 nachtzicht 20m APP iCsee|Surveillance Cameras| - AliExpress
It works quite well although motion detection does not work, but i can see images in the app.

I would like to create a flow like, when the doorbel rings, sent a notification with an image.

This is possible with the picture app of homey and sending a push notification. If the image of the cam would be stored in the image app under {cameraname.jpg}, then i would be able to show the image.

You can send the image from the camera directly using the image tags.

The And card triggers the app to grab an image and waits for the specified time for it to be ready then the action card sends the image.
There are other ways to trigger the image and start a flow when the image is ready.

1 Like

Oh wow. Homey and the apps keep surprising me! Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Adrian,

I’m planning to buy several Hikvision ONVIF compatible IP cameras which are also in your list of tested devices. Currently I’m using the Homey Bridge for my apps and flows to connect with my devices, I wonder whether there are any plans to make your app also available for the Homey beta next to the Homey Pro.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best,
Tom

Unfortunately that’s not possible as the ONVIF protocol is for local network access only and the Homey bridge doesn’t allow that.

Thank you very much for your swift reply Adrian, I will consider to switch to the Homey Pro.

Best,
Tom

1 Like

Hi!

I have problem to add more than one camera in manual mode. When i try it says “duplicate_device” even if its two different cameras. Should i send some logs?

What version of the app are you using?

I use the latest 2.0.8

1 Like