[APP][Pro] Sure Petcare App - (Sureflap Pet Door/Sureflap Cat Flap)

I’ve the pet door too. Could find any strange. Can you try to restart the app? Then try a pair session and then send a log to the developer.

I’ll have a look.

Could have identified the problem. Somtimes the flap stays physically open after entering or exit (lock bolts), so the flap goes forth and back due to wind. I don`t know if this is a mechanical problem (looks good inside, every part where it supposed to be) or firmware (most likely), but I have read about this specific problem on their support page. Usually the fix is to restart hub, or change batteries, and the flap goes back to normal lock (bolts) position. This problem can occur also with relative new set of batteries. (supposed to last 6 months)

Comment: Difference the app lock and open flap function, the probem described here, bolts are not supposed to be in a open position, every time a pet enters or exit the bolts should be in locked position.

1 Like

It works now.
Notifications seems to work steady. Nice.
Only wish: Sometimes we have to set state manually in surepet app when cat leaves other way then pet door. Manual set of state in surepet app does not trigger homey. Don‘t know if this would be technical possible to implement but would help to keep states consistent over both systems.
KR

I think that only a change from a certain device the flowcard is triggered. If you manually chance the state the device should also change the pets location. I’ll look if i can implement that! Thanks for your feedback!

1 Like

I just released v1.0.10 to test (buildnumbers 8 and 9 are failed because homey compose)

• don’t try to render profile image is not exist
  • set location of pet if change manually
  • fixed translation and optimize icon

The issue flowcard condition: specific pet is (home/away) is still open.

I just released v1.0.11 to test: fixed bug when lockstate is in curfew mode

2 Likes

Awesome it works very well! Thanks koktail!
Now the pet door - homey connection makes it a real smart pet door. :+1: :+1:

Just another thought. Would it also be possible to send the pet state from homey to surepet? so that it doesn‘t matter in which system state will be manually set.

Thank you! Setting the state of pets manually could be possible. I’ll add a feature request and look into that when i’ve time for it.

I use a virtual device so I can control the cat flap with Google Home. I use flows like: virtual device turns on, Sureflap locks; virtual device turns off, Sureflap unlocks. That works fine.

I also have flows to synchronize the status the other way and that’s giving me trouble. The “when: lock mode changes” trigger only works when I change the lock mode via Homey, not via the Sure app. Same with the “and: lock mode is X” flow - it thinks the mode is whatever I last changed it to using Homey, but doesn’t seem to update that status when I change it in the Sure app itself.

I thought it was supposed to be able to read the status from the Sure app - am I wrong?

You are right the status should be updates. What version are you using?

The most recent non-test version available, 1.0.5.

Just tested it with the latest test build and that works like aspected. Can you test that one?

Been testing it for a few days and so far those functions now work smoothly!

However, I did run into a different problem with the “specific pet returns/leaves” triggers. I created two flows that trigger notifications to show what I mean:

Screenshot_20200331_172439_app.homey|109x500

I was near the cat flap the whole time and it wasn’t being used. The problem doesn’t seem to be coming from the Sure app itself, as the timeline in that app doesn’t show anything weird either (nor am I getting phone notifications from there the way I do when my cat actually uses the cat flap).

This isn’t a constant problem. It suddenly appeared a few days ago, and it went away when I disabled the flows. After a while I enabled the flows again and it worked smoothly for a while, until just now when the same thing started happening. After a couple of minutes, it went back to normal.

Hope this is useful somehow! I’m really enjoying the app. The pet arrives/leaves function is particularly handy - I use it to enable/disable the cat fountain with a smart plug, ha.

ETA: Just happened again for 6-7 minutes straight. That’s the 3rd time (that I know of). Really have no clue what’s causing it.

1 Like

I’ve seen the issue myself. I’ve tried to resolve it twice. The sureflap API that i’m polling gives an location update with a different time.

I’ve had an meganism that compared it with the known state. But when the cat goes ouside without passsing trought the petdoor it will nog trigger.

You have to build in that logic in the flows yourself.

I want to add support for https://www.surepetcare.com/nl-nl/voerbakken/microchip-pet-feeder-connect too. Are there people that have the device. And is there anyone that want to make a donation for my work on the app to make this possible?

I’ve just updated the app for test:

v1.0.12 - 03.02.2020

Dear
I installed this app, but I cannot log into account. The wheel keeps spinning. Would you like to take another look at your app.
Thanks
Bert

1 Like

Hi, you are actually logged in. The reason it spins is because you don`t have a profile picture added, add a photo in original app and it will show in Homey login settings. (before last beta-update)

1 Like

Thank you for providing this solution. It works for me since I uploaded a profile pic.

Next problem: I can’t add the cat flap in the devices section. It gives me always the message “No new device found” (translated from German so the exact message text could be different in English).

Please help me :slight_smile:

This was indeed the solution, Thanks btw, but now I have the same problem as Oakhill.

1 Like