[APP][Pro] Tesla Smart Charger

Hi @FrodeFalkfjell

For automatic charging to work:

• the car must be home, eg. near your Homey. So check that the position is correct in Settings → Position. I recommend disabling “Find Homey’s position…”, and setting the position manually.

• then the app must know the state of the car before it can start automatic charging: That the car is home, and that it is connected to the charger.

• It also waits until all prices from Nordpool for the next day are ready, which is around 13:00 CET.

You can create two flows:

1. Send a push notification when the “charge plan” is created: Delt Flow | Homey
    This will give you info about when the automatic charging will start/stop, and what prices will be used. It also tells you that the app is ready and working for automatic charging.

2. Create a flow to update the state of the app, e.g. around 20:00 check if the car is home: Delt Flow | Homey
    This will wake the car once, and the state of the app should have been refreshed. A couple of minutes after that and you should receive the “charge plan” notification.

You can also check many of the parameters if you search for the Tesla device here: Homey Developer Tools

Thanks. Tested it and seems to work. I thought this was to open or close the lid covering the charging port

The criteria you mention is ok. What is suppose to happen when I for example connect the charging cable when I come home from work at 17:00? Am I supposed to stop the charging manually when I plug in or are the app doing that?

Yes, it will stop the charging that starts when you connect the charger, but only if the app has the correct status of the car, as mentioned in the previous post.

Hi there.
I am just curious… how trust worthy are these token-generation-apps (iOS in particular)?

By the way… great effort on this app! Is there a way to donate some beers?

Could “Set charge current” be used to load balance? Assuming i get a current meter for the mains.

I would also like to know this. I just ordered a Tibber Pulse, which gives homey real time energy usage per phase every few seconds, directly from the power company’s meter.

So I guess I would only need to create a flow which lowers charging current somewhat if any of the phases is close to it’s maximum capacity?

Our car is still in the drive way, so most likely it’s ok :grinning:

Hello,

the unlock charging port function is not supported?

Greetings

Philipp

This unlocks it

Thanls a lot.

Where can i cancel the geofences? i set some to test, but now i would cancel some of them.

Thanks

Philipp

Use the flow: “Delete location ‘Location’ from geofence”

Thanks a lot

Is there a way to get the temperatures from the Tesla @balmli ?
Then you could build flows that de-ice the Tesla before going to work.

1 Like

Every time the app syncs to the Tesla, the inside and outside temperatures are stored as capability tags, and can be used in flows.

Either change the “Data fetch interval” to e.g. 1 minute in the morning before you’re going to work, or call a flow so that the app will refresh.

Aaaah, the temperature is hidden in the variables

Hello,

i made this flow to send a message when i leave the work place, but i don’t get the message, what’s wrong?

Best regards

philipp

If you left location you are no longer at Arbeit

Try this

@balmli does this mean that a driver is sitting on the driver seat?
2022-01-11 09.15.33