[APP][Pro] Tesla Smart Charger

I’m having issues with the “at home” condition. I’m using it as a condition for morning pre-heat, but the card keeps failing.
In the Tesla app, the car is shown to be at my home adress, but in homey it only shows the street name.

This worked fine until a few days ago.
Any ideas?

It uses the location of the Homey to see if the Tesla is “home”.

Check the settings for Homey’s position in the Homey mobile app.

I recommend disabling “finding Homey’s position automatically”, and setting the position manually.

New version v. 1.5.1:

• Utility prices for more countries (Austria, Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, France, Netherlands)
  • Added action to set charging current
  • Upgraded to SDK3
1 Like

Sooooo grateful for this feature, thank you very very much !
Can’t wait to see 1.5.1 roll in ! :heart_eyes:

When will 1.5.1 install itself ?
Can I ‘force install’ it myself ?
The app store is still at 1.4.1

Yes, just use the “test” - link to install test-versions:

Thank you :+1: , didn’t know that existed.

Hello :slight_smile:

Im getting the screenshotted error below when trying to add my Tesla after installing the app …

A Google search did not really give me much more info :frowning:

Same issue here . socket.on isnt a function
app is broken for now

@Fizzman @MarcoRuiter Thanks for reporting!

I will try to have a fix ready later today.

@Fizzman @MarcoRuiter
Please test v. 1.5.4

3 Likes

Works for me now :slight_smile:

Thank you!

1 Like

Looks ok now , thanks for the quick update

1 Like

When my Tesla is charging somewhere else, Homey still counts the power that the Tesla is charging with in its Energy overview. Would be great if Tesla Smart Charger somehow is able to detect if I’m loading out of home (Location based? By comparing with Youless? Can Homey talk with the Tesla Wall Charger?). I have Homey Flows to warn me if my power consumption comes close the maximum my house allows me - so I can switch off some stuff (I have electrical heating).
I would also appreciate if Tesla Smart Charger could change the charge amp value (its possible in the Tesla app). That way I could also lower the charge speed if I charge at home and I am using too much power.

For the first thing, you can use a condition in a flow:

And: Tesla app condition: "Is home"

or check with the “distance from home” capability token:

And: Logic card: "Distance from home" is less than 50

For setting the charging current, use the action:

Then: Tesla app action: "Set charging current to X A" 

Hi Balmli,
Thanks for your response. I didn’t see yet that I could set the charging current, its great!
For the first thing, I can indeed start charging only if I’m home, but that would probably prohibit me from charging on other locations. I’m only refering to the car charging’s power adding up to the power usage that Homey is tracking. I would like to only count the Tesla power usage when I’m actually using my Wall connector.
Bart

Well, that’s not possible now.

Hi,
I’m trying automatic charge but I can’t get it to work. Does data fetch need to be enabled? When I connect the charger, nothing happens. App was in Automatic mode when I tried.

How can I unlock the charging port?