[APP][Pro] Tesla Smart Charger

Hi Juriaan,

All conditions and actions will wake up the car if necessary.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks Bjørnar for your quick response. I just thought it would check every 240 minutes (my interval) and only once, not twice. Perhaps something else is waking the car and your app just receives the status change? I am guessing here. For now, I will stop checking the status, hoping to prevent battery drain and allow the car to enter sleep mode.

Hi guys!

I am having trouble with using the geofence in this app. The only one working is home. Anyone who have a tip? Is does not seem that the app recognizes that the car is in a geofence…

Best regards Arnfinn

If you check the condition: “Is at location”, you will see a drop down list with geofence locations that you have added, with name and longitude + latitude.

I notice that there is a lot of delay in this before the app notices that the car is moving. can I adjust this somewhere?

how does the app know my Home location? or do I have to set it up somewhere?

Check the “Data fetch interval” in settings. The minimum for this value is 1 minute.

For streaming (when driving), the default value is 10 seconds between each update, but you can set a lower value.

For streaming these values are updated:

• Speed
  • Odometer
  • Longitude
  • Latitude
  • Shift state
  • Measure battery
  • Battery range
  • Distance from home
It’s the position of the Homey.

So I made a flow that added my wife’s parking lot at work to a location.
This went ok.
But now I made a debug flow to send a notification to mo mobile when her Tesla is in geofence, and I am getting red fault, as if the car is not in the geofence…

You can find the current location of the car if you open this link Homey Developer and search for the car. The longitude and latitude capabilities. And you can open that location in google maps to see that it is correct.

In v. 1.2.3 you can disable fetching in adv. settings.

2 Likes

Check v. 1.2.3 for “The shift state changed” - trigger.

2 Likes

Does that mean that the values ​​of the Tesla are only updated when the app reports to the Tesla or asks for data?

If disabled, the values are only updated when you use conditions or actions that connect to the car.

That’s great! Now I can unlock my charge cable again with a simple button press. Thanks a lot!

So the official app from homey is gone? But this app is better and has more options?
Maybe a little too nerdy, but I will choose my next car based on the integration options with domotics.
Leaving my house in winter to get in a pre heated car… I love the idea :slight_smile:

Any reason why my location isnt updated? Screenshot_20210219-120127_Homey|225x500

You can change the “Data fetch interval” in settings or with a flow. The default is 60 minutes, and the minimum is 1 minute.

You can read more about how the app works on the top of this page.

Following that top of the page it should :
When the vehicle is charging or driving, the state of the vehicle is checked every minute.

I was driving and charging before.
The only way to get live data and trigger actions while leaving or getting home is set the Data fetch interval to 1 minute, let detect, and then back to 60 minutes. Seems weird?