[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

No issues here. Is it with any scene? Or just one scene?
What happens if you create a new (tap-to-run)scene and trigger it from a flow?
What happens if you start that scene from within the Tuya smart app on your phone?

It is with all the scenes.
Creating a new (tap-to-run) scene does not solve it.
Starting scenes from within the Tuya smart app on my phone is working without issues!

Homey 7.0.1
Tuya cloud v0.0.13

You could try restarting the Tuya cloud app. Else I suggest installing the latest test version 0.0.15, using it myself and my Homey is also on v7.0.1

1 Like

@Peter_Kawa Installing v0.0.15 solved it. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Is there anything I can do to help add support for aircon units as I now have one in the Tuya app?

2 Likes

You are always welcome to contribute. At the moment I donā€™t have much time. Also the development take more time then it should, this because the limit of authenticate once in 60 seconds and discover once in 10 minutes.

You can already control your device with scenes and tap to run actions.

1 Like

Thanks for this great app!!! I am adding Tuya Cloud plugs to the Homey Devices. Sometimes it works flawless, but sometimes the I get a red exclamation mark telling me that ā€œthe device is temporarily unavailableā€. Sometimes it takes a day until I can use the device. Sometimes I have to remove the device, unenroll from Tuya Cloud and then reverse the whole process and rename the device in the Tuya App to make this work. What could the problem be?

There are issues with the Tuya services, it was even unavailable for a while.
I donā€™t think it has something to do with this app.

Restarting the App helped!

[mod break: removed private information]

1 Like

It is probably due the timeout issues. The authentication is only allowed once in the minute and discover devices once in the 10 minutes. Those time-outs can interfere with each other and can cause this behaviour. When I made this app, those time-outs were not present. I modified the app to deal with those time-outs, but apperently there are cases it still gives problems. Itā€™s also hard to debug, with the time-outs. Leave the devices for 10 minutes and sometimes a restart can help. I also sugest to use the scenen/tap to run as much as possible. From the moment Tuya introduced the time-outs I started to use them and I have rarely problems.

1 Like

New here, will this ever work with Homey Bridge?

FWIW, Home Assistant now has official Tuya Cloud support: 2021.10.0: Z-Wave S2 support, Tuya, secure ESPHome and 400 new icons - Home Assistant

@DoReyMe Hi Don.
Depends. 3rd party apps are available already for Homey cloud
For instance, the Aqara app is a Screenshot_20210930-134046_Chrome_copy_23x24 app from a developer, not a company.
And Iā€™m sure Ted is not gonna pay Athom ā‚¬99/year fee for that.

2 Likes

Ah, thanks. Didnā€™t see that - will get to work:)

@robertklep , I was aware of this API. Itā€™s existing already for a couple of years and was also available when I started this app. They now introduced a trial license for 50 devices for a year and itā€™s possible to extend this trial. Besides the trial change, they have now public SDKā€™s available, tuya/tuya-cloud-sdk-nodejs: Tuya Cloud API SDK for node.js (github.com)

But instead of the user only login with username and password, you have to create a developer account and provide app id and an app secret also. This is how the new v2 home assistant works also: Tuya - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io). I have thinked about to change the app to this method, but still doubting and currently lack of time.

Itā€™s possible to support login with username and password for the user with private app id and secret, but hthen will exceed quickly the limits of the trial. Then it becomes to expensive for me: Pricing-Documentation-Tuya Developer

1 Like

Can you not let users create their own developer accounts and deal with the financial aspects themselves?

Yes, thatā€™s how it works for Home Assistant, but itā€™s not particularly user friendly (in the sense that itā€™s quite technical to set up a developer account).

@robertklep , @kalpik, this is indeed one of the reasons I am doubting about this. Another one is backwards compatible, users have now flows with current devices. If I switch to new API, those wonā€™t work anymore. So there has come a solution for this problem also. You can also think about separate app, just like Home assistant, but then we have four Tuya apps( Cloud, Zigbee, local Tuya and then a new Cloud 2). This can also be confusing for users, and does Athom allows this.

1 Like

Well, IMO, as long as the descriptions are accurate, I donā€™t see the problem. But yeah, of course, itā€™s your decision :slight_smile:

This is certainly a problem, not every user of this app is technical. I get daily diagnostic reports send by users the app is not working, but the error is then invalid credentials. This error is also shown on settings page. My guess is, they enter the linked Google account credentials( of course the credentials are not available for me) instead of Tuya username and password, even when itā€™s mentioned in opening post, several posts in this tread and in readme.

On the other hand this app has eventualy switch to the new API. The API this app uses was for Home Assistant, but they introduced now the v2 an using now the other API. So I guess itā€™s just a matter of time that Tuya shutdown the API this app uses, then there is no choice anymore.

2 Likes