[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

Dear all,

I’ve been reading to (most of) this topic but haven’t found an answer so here is my question.

I am using a Tuya TC-500 wifi plug-in thermostat to switch on and off the pump of my floor heating based on wether there is supply of hot CV water. Works fine with the Smarthome app but I would like to control it with Homey. Basically I only want to turn it on and off depending on room temperature from another device.

I have installed the Tuya wifi app but I don’t see my thermostat, not even the “scenes” on/off that I have created. Is this device not supported? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Paul

Don’t you see the tap-to-run scenes? Those scenes are the ones you can use.
But I’m afraid you can only control tuya devices with that.

No, unfortunately not. That list is completely empty when I open it in Homey.

Created any?
Do other Tuya wifi devices work from Homey? (to eliminate account issues).

1 Like

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the links. This was clear to me. I had created the two “Tab-to-run” tasks to turn the switch on and off and they appear in the home screen of Smart life.

So folowing the steps in #296 I can add the device but when I want to select a scene in Tuya the list is empty. I tried both 31 and 528 country codes.

Would it make sense to try the Tuya Cloud app instead?

Hi Paul, you’re welcome.

It still seems an account issue, if you don’t get to see any created tap-to-run scene.

You say you added any other tuya wifi (light/smartplug/curtain) device to Homey via Tuya Cloud app?
Can you switch it on/off?

Did you select Business (same as smartphone app) the Smartlife app, or Tuya?

Please migrate the phone app to the Tuya Smart app for best results.

This topic is about the Homey Tuya Cloud app… not sure what you mean.

Sorry, everything is called app, both on phone and on Homey.

Would it make sense to try to Install the Tuya app instead of the Smart Life app on my phone and use those credentials in the Tuya Cloud app on Homey?

Yes it’s confusing, so let’s be clear and mention phone or Homey talking about Tuya apps.

Yes, that’s what I really recommend (see steps in #296).
You’ll have to register a new Tuya account (email/password type) and logon to the phone Tuya app with that. Don’t use Google/Facebook logon methods

Then you should be able to logon to Homey Tuya Cloud app with those new Tuya account credentials.
To be sure, wait for 10 minutes (to eliminate possible sync limitations of Tuya company’s API)

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, that worked.

1 Like

Yesterday I installed a LED strip and connected it to the Tuya app.
Installed the Tuya app and needed to add some keys that I didn’t have
Installed Tuya cloud app and using that I can add the lights strip, but can only select white balance, no colors.

Am I doing something wrong?

I also did try the Tuya app and retrieve the settings there. Although I am doing everything correct, it doesn’t see it as available.

I really recommend you to use this ‘trick’

On the HA community forum the rumour is that the old API will be switched off by the end of the year.

This is sooner then I expected.

Hi,

I have 1 question and 1 problem regarding this app. Let me first start off with my question:
Is there a possibility to add power usage of a device to Homey? I can read the power usage in the Smart Life app on phone but when I add it on Tuya Cloud app on Homey it doesn’t add the power usage with my devices. As example my Smart Plug.

And the problem I am having:
Let me first describe my installation. I have installed a RGB led strip and a power socket. I made sure that the lights are checked if they are on or off every minute. I use my computer as trigger in this automation. I do this with ping through the Net Scan app on Homey. If it detects that the computers is turned off all the lights in Tuya Cloud on Homey automatically turns off. It is always turned off after sunrise and turned on if computer is online after sunset. The lights are always off if computer is turned off.

The problem is is that my Homey was freezing the whole time and this happened after Tuya Cloud on Homey crashes so I needed to hard reset by taking it out the power plug. If I wasn’t home then this was a big problem so I bought a power plug that is connected in Smart Life on phone through wifi so that I could hard reset power of the Homey. I had a long chat with the Homey support and together we concluded that the problem lies with the flow automation in combination with the Tuya Cloud app on Homey. We think that after Tuya Cloud on Homey crashes that the automations are building queues every minutes which results in a lot of errors and eventually overload on Homey which then results in freezing. I fixed it as a work around by adding a flow which automatically restarts the Tuya Cloud app on Homey every 5 minutes. Now my Homey doesn’t freeze anymore and Tuya Cloud app doesn’t crash. Not a permanent fix.

Is this a known problem and can this be fixed?

Yours sincerely,
Atilla

Is there a possibility to add power usage of a device to Homey?

No, it seems Tuya does not allow for this.

@bayrambass, You are checking every minute if lights are on or off, Tuya only allows checking status once in 10 minutes. This 10 minutes throttling of Tuya gives a lot of problems. When I made the app this throtttling wasn’t there. So the app wasn’t made for this throttling, so I tried to adapt the code to deal with this. But that’s not always working as expexted. Because this 10 minutes delay, debugging is also hard to do. I advise you to use this app only for controlling devices, because the status can only changed once in 10 minutes. if possible, use scenes instead of controlling devices directly.

@Jan_Peeters, You are correct that the Tuya api currently used doesn’t support power ussage.

Hi
Most of my plugs aren’t available in homey. The strange thing is that some of them are.

Issue report:
7cf57c06-3694-48c6-8424-0c9cc184cdb6

@Morad_Ahassad this might help:

There is new test version: Tuya cloud | Homey. In this version the official API is implemented together with old API( as long the old works).

• Lights and singe socket are tested by myself and should work.
  • Multi socket are supported but not tested.
  • Switch is not tested
  • Cover is not implemented, the official API is a lot different and I don’t own such a device. So have to look how to implement
  • Scenes are implemented and tested

The official API is using push messages, so changes to devices should be direct visible, so no more 10 minutes waiting for updates.

To use the new API you should follow the same basic instruction as for Home assistant/ Homebridge.

1. Tuya IoT Platform Configuration
  2. Set the APi to use to both or Official
  3. The authorization key acces key and secret from step 1have to be filled in on the settings page.
    The country code is used to determine which datacenter has to be used and must match with your android app and region of your project. Mappings Between OEM App Accounts and Data Centers-Documentation-Tuya Developer
5 Likes

Thanks a lot! Although it says the app only works on homey pro?