[APP][Pro] Tuya Zigbee App

Unlikely that you can use a dimmer in this case to regulate the speed of the fan(s) in such a system. These fans are DC powered these days and may have electronics as part of the setup which you cannot just power with a dimmer from AC. Better to emulate the connected switches with a relay module.

hi @Edwin_F , I was not my intention to propose a dimmer for a ventilation box (they all have DC motors these days) but to propose a working and stable alternative for all Tuya stuff.

Wifi isnt usually the best pick for home automation. Usually wifi devices force their own cloud app. Thus your switch controlling a light will always need a working internet connection.
If either your internet or the cloud fails, or even worse the manufacturer goes out of business you cant control devices anymore.

I bought the tuya LCD Temperature and Humidity Sensor from same shop on Aliexpress as my friend, just maybe a week later. (The round ones)
My friend could pair them with latest test version: 0.2.18, but I cannot.
When doing the Interwiev after adding as generic Zigbee I get this information…
Anyone knows if these will work?

“ids”: {
“modelId”: “LTW012”,
“manufacturerName”: “Philips”
},
“endpoints”: {
“endpointDescriptors”: [
{
“endpointId”: 11,
“applicationProfileId”: 49246,
“applicationDeviceId”: 544,
“applicationDeviceVersion”: 0,
“_reserved1”: 2,
“inputClusters”: [
],
“outputClusters”: [
]
},
{
“endpointId”: 242,
“applicationProfileId”: 41440,
“applicationDeviceId”: 97,
“applicationDeviceVersion”: 0,
“_reserved1”: 0,
“inputClusters”: [
],
“outputClusters”: [
]
}
],
“endpoints”: {
“11”: {
“clusters”: {
“basic”: {
“attributes”: [
{
“id”: 0,
“name”: “zclVersion”,
“value”: 1
},
{
“id”: 1,
“name”: “appVersion”,
“value”: 2
},
{
“id”: 2,
“name”: “stackVersion”,
},
{
“id”: 3,
“name”: “hwVersion”,
},
{
“id”: 4,
“name”: “manufacturerName”,
“value”: “Philips”
},
{
“id”: 5,
“name”: “modelId”,
“value”: “LTW012”
},
{
“id”: 6,
“name”: “dateCode”,
“value”: “20170908”
},
{
“id”: 7,
“name”: “powerSource”,
“value”: “mains”
},
{
“id”: 16384,
“name”: “swBuildId”,
“value”: “1.29.0_r21169”
}
]
},
“identify”: {},
“groups”: {},
“scenes”: {},
“onOff”: {},
“levelControl”: {},
“colorControl”: {},
“touchlink”: {}
},
“bindings”: {
“ota”: {}
}
},
“242”: {
“clusters”: {},
“bindings”: {}
}
}
}

That’s a lightbulb, not a sensor. Also, please don’t post full interviews in this thread. If your device can only be paired as a generic Zigbee device, it’s not supported, and you can search the forum for modelId/manufacturerId to see if anyone can provide more information. If you want to request device support, please read the first post of this thread.

Sorry about that. Should have read the first post again.
Not sure how to move on from here, as thats what I get, and have no Phillips bulbs… Tryied on several tuya…
I will read som more in the thread and see if I figure it out.

So I found out the id and model for my Tuya LCD Temperature and Humidity Sensor after adding as generic zigbee several times.

“modelId”: “TY0201”,
“manufacturerName”: “_TZ3000_bjawzodf”

There is aleready an Device request for this on Git Hub but I cant get it to work.
I see that it was reported working by an user, but it is not mentioned above by TS
Anyone knows?

Since the request is still open, you can assume support hasn’t been implemented yet and you cannot use this device on Homey.

1 Like

if this for real comes out of that LCD T&H tuya device… its downhill to hell from here :smiley:

@Gisle_Johnsen you’re likely having what frustrates many in here and the only one to blame is Tuya itself.

Homey relies on modelid and manufacturername to recognize devices and the fun part in tuya, identical devices can have literaly a thousend different names. Tuya holds a secret database to distinguish all these. So yea your friend can buy them one day and by luck they work but the ones you buy the next day wont.

Had 10pc 1gang dimmers delivered few days ago all 1 order and literaly 4 different manufacturernames.

1 Like

Yeah. My friend bought them, and they where called:

“modelId”: “TS0601”,
“manufacturerName”: “_TZE200_bjawzodf”

And when I bought them a week later they where called:

What is that all about? :sweat_smile:

EDIT:
This did not come from the tuya apperantly…

“modelId”: “LTW012”,
“manufacturerName”: “Philips”
I dont know why that appeard all the the time…
It seems that maybe a neighbor maybe have one in pairing mode… ?

Well that’s tuya for ya LOL. Hate to break it but if you dont want to gamble stay away from Tuya devices.

It’s unfortunate that it ruins most their homey experience but it’s Tuya.

1 Like

True, one has to check on that (damn) cloud dependency before buying wifi enabled stuff,

But, Shelly Wifi devices for instance, can work with, or without cloud. It’s user selectable.

got the same issue.

tested 1 LCD sensor from my mate.

his details is

“modelId”: “TS0201”,
“manufacturerName”: “_TZ2000_a476raq2”

i bought from the same seller.

i get this one

and not working…

how can we solve this issue?

@Igor_Wolsink
There is an device request allready open on Git Hub.
I hope they will add it:

@Jepke
Thank you for info. I probaly choose another brand next time… :sweat_smile:

Yea its unfortunate dont want to scare anyone away but tuya in combination with anything else than their own app is for the tinker boys/girls. Home Assistant / MQTTzigbee has a bigger community base thus better support for a bigger veriety but it has the same issues as Homey.

1 Like

Looks like it will be implementet very soon :smiley:

How come the production version is from 3 years ago? I see a lot of versions between production and test, and a lot of activity in the repo. Im curious, am i just fine if i install the test version?

If it fixes things you would miss in the stable version, absolutely…

Test works fine

The likely reason that only the test version is being updated is to blame on tuya itself :smile:

Explained quite a few times over the last week’s if you want to read up on it in this thread.