[APP][Pro] Tuya Zigbee App

Yeah read almost all threads here. Thanks!

Hello!

in the tuya app I see that the siren is available:

but if I try to add its an unknown zigbee device

this is de device box:

Any thoughts?

Itā€™s likely the well known tuya issue. Device might be fully supported but you got a device with different device and/or manufacturer IDs. Those need to be added to the code first.

I would check the Neo Coolcam app instead of the Tuya Zigbee app. (NEO Coolcam App voor Homey | Homey)
This isnā€™t a Tuya deviceā€¦ :wink:

Good idea @Rikjes , but it seems that the NEO Coolcam App only support z-wave products.

yes so that doesnā€™t work, the product stated that it should work with Tuya, and because of the devices looking so similar I thought that it could work

Hi guys!

Can anyone link me a temp & humid sensor from Ali which is already supported? I cant manage to find one based on the product/zigbee IDā€™sā€¦

Thx!

KR
Tom

Hi Tom93, Iā€™ve got this one which is working fine in Homey:

Ik heb net dit geweldige item op AliExpress gevonden. Bekijk het nu! ā‚¬10,45 50%OFF | Tuya Zigbee Temperatuur-en vochtigheidssensor nodig Zigbee Gateway Hub Smart Home Indoor Hygrometer Alexa Google Voice Control
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EzVpgi1

Best regards Peter.

Noone can 100% garantee.

Iā€™ve had numerous orders from AliEx and found different IDā€™s in the same package. Pick ones with free returns if you dont like to tinker.

1 Like

Search here for temp - com.tuya.zigbee/drivers at SDK3 Ā· JohanBendz/com.tuya.zigbee Ā· GitHub, open given folder, look for file driver.compose.json and there look for manufacturerName - eg. _TYZB01_cbiezpds and when searching on Google, you will end up on iHORN Temperature & Humidity Sensor with Screen LH-331ZB Zigbee compatibility -
so searching on Ali may and may not provide you some results. Repeat such iteration until you find something but even when you will be 99% sure itā€™s the same device, it might have slightly different manufacturerName after all and might be not natively supported. In such case, you will need to visit again GitHUB and create new device request and wait, as there are just 388 requestsā€¦

Unfortunately there is no 100% reliable way unless you choose different integration, eg. Fibaro, Aeotec etc.

I bought one of these, or at least looking identical, and it was not supported. As stated by others, it is hit and miss.

Thanks for the guide, very straightforward actually! One question though: when I turn on one of the channels, any other is turned off. This means I can only have one channel enabled at any time. Is this normal/expected behaviour?

I couldnā€™t find anything in the driver that seems to toggle the other channels, but maybe Iā€™m not looking in the right place.

edit: I should have RTFM :sweat_smile: Apparently there are three modes on the device: switched individually, one at a time or one second toggle. Fixed it with a press of the mode button.

1 Like

Hello, Is it possible to add and set up tuya zigbee presence sensor zy-m100?
I have added with homey pro ZigBee, but I can not manage any presence function there!

Thanks.
Regards.

1 Like

Please read the first post of this thread under PROCESS FOR REQUESTING DEVICES TO BE ADDED.
Good luck.

1 Like

The interview isnā€™t done yetā€¦ thereā€™s a window that pops up when itā€™s done.
( if itā€™s a battery operated device, keep it awake )

1 Like

Added new request in GitHub: Device Request - TUYA ZIGBEE PRESENCE SENSOR - _TZE204_ztc6ggyl / TS0601 Ā· Issue #678 Ā· JohanBendz/com.tuya.zigbee Ā· GitHub

Got a few device (like 10) what i cant add into Homey. I thought maybe i will buy a tuya zigbee gateway, so i can add into tuya app and i can add into Homey too with Tuya Cloud. This is possible anyway? And i can make raw flows with sensors like temperature sensor in this way. I dont want to buy a tuya zigbee gateway if its not possible at all. Thanks for the help!

Yes.

But, my question is, do you want to re-route your local zigbee signals, via internet?
Iā€™d go for Home Assistant on a Raspberry pi, (old) NUC or such, with a ā‚¬20,- Sonoff zigbee stick.
You can integrate HA with Homey (by local wifi):
https://community.homey.app/t/tutorial-pro-how-to-integrate-home-assistant-with-homey/92641

What do you mean by re-routing zigbee? Actually i got only tuya zigbee devices rn a lot of them 50-60% works the less nah and want to add homey w cloud actually. Bought the zigbee gateway by the way. Can you write some more details about this? Btw i dont want to set up HA w raspberry thats why bought homey pro actually

i wouldnā€™t go the tuya cloud way with a zigbee gateway.

tuya cloud requires update of your trial access every 6 months. while it mostly continues to control devices feedback from the tuya cloud will not get back to homey. So no power measurements or sensor triggers.

If the devices you have are basic its worth investing a little time reading up on how to add them to the homey tuya app and install locally and preferably ofcourse create a pull request on github so they get into main stream code.
Its really not that hard if devices already exist and its just adding some manufacturer idā€™s