[APP][Pro] Virtual Devices - Virtual Devices to simulate 1 or more real devices

The possibility to control the steps in the virtual thermostat in 0.1 steps or even with two decimal places would be really ingenious. I could then create much more accurate tiles.

Example:
My fish tank
Screenshot_20210215-084452_Homey

I agree, one decimal would be nice. Two seems a bit over the top to me ā€¦

Cannot update to the latest version.
Whenever I try to click on 0.9.4 update in the Homey app, my Homey app crashes.

Do you guys have this too?

Thanks! Iā€™ll update it in the next release.
The link is:

But donā€™t feel obliged. I also like the Thank youā€™s and virtual beers :wink:

As far as I know, the tile (made by Athom) does not support this. So Iā€™m afraid there is nothing we can do about that.

0.5 it is!

I hope the beer is cold :beer: Cheers!

1 Like

Hey Arjan.

Your app is the reason why i bougth an homey and started with smart house gadgets. :heart:

Your app made it possible for me to control heating in a smart way for my house.

I use z-water for controling the valves, and aquara sensors in all rooms, thermostats are offcorse ā€œvirtualā€

I use virtual doors and windows (open state or closed) by state of magnet sensors and this helps me save energy. (Opened windows set temp 5 degrees after 60 sek) :wink:

In Logic i set target temperatures for (home, nigth, away modes)

All my heating is with water in pipes in the floor and i would never have gotten this smart system without your app.
All rooms have indevidual virtual termostats so all rooms can be adjusted individual, that is great for comfort and flexibility.

So basicly you make the world a bit greenā€¦ you have given me the tools to use less energy.

@Kallemann Thank you very much for the nice message! That really started my day with a smile.
It sounds like you have it well organized. Glad I could help with that!

1 Like

Hi Iā€™m loving this app and Iā€™m using it to display the current temperature on a tile by selecting a thermostat.

I then set a virtual sensor value using target_temprtature and my outdoor weather station value.

The weather station gives reading in increments of 0.1 but Iā€™ve found that the flow only works if the outdoor temp is a whole number or a .5. So 7 or 7.5 is good but not 7.3.

Is there a way to fix this, thanks.

Can you show your flow to display the temperature on a tile?

Sure

Thanks! I used the measure_temperature and with no results.

Rounds the starting value to 0.5

Sends the value to the tile

Result
Screenshot_20210217-164647_Homey

Hi do you have a guide on how to round the temperature, Iā€™d like to do this but cannot figure it out.

Do I need to create a logic entry?

Please create a numeric logic variable with any name. You then need two flows. The first flow takes the initial value, calculates it to xx.5 and writes it to the variable. The second flow sends the calculated variable to the tile. This works with 1 or two decimal places.

1 Like

Hi, which device class did you derive your tile from? Is it a thermostat with a custom icon?

Do you know how or even if I can use negative temperature values of outside thermometers?

With v0.9.4. I can define a min for target_temperature, but it is not possible to select a negative temperature.

THX

Yes

Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to display negative values. A freely configurable tile with at least one decimal place would be nice.

Perhaps i misunderstand, but i use this flow to round up.

Also, there is possible to get negative values but needs to tweek the settings in app.

Or perhaps the maker have adjusted it in a newer app version?

1 Like

Itā€™s good practice to delay the Set Card by 1 sec. The execution of the two cards start at the same time so in worst case, the set is done before the calculation is finisht, and so the previous value of Bak Ovn will be stored.

1 Like